Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-14-2010, 04:13 PM   #1
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279
Default Revis

Not sure if this has been brought up or not but what do you guys think of Revis coming back to his hometown?

It doesn't look good right now as Revis is sitting out plays in practice and said that their last offer was an insult.

I mean I know its a slim chance but maybe it's something to talk about. And we all know how bad are secondary is.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Revis

i cant see the jets letting him go or the steelers making him the highest paid corner but i would be in heaven with a corner like revis. it would be a dream come true to land him.

with that said the jets are kinda screwed. if they pay him they wont be able to afford the other high priced defenders but if they dont they lose the best corner and the anchor to there defense
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #3
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i cant see the jets letting him go or the steelers making him the highest paid corner but i would be in heaven with a corner like revis. it would be a dream come true to land him.

with that said the jets are kinda screwed. if they pay him they wont be able to afford the other high priced defenders but if they dont they lose the best corner and the anchor to there defense
I agree ......they're paying the price for going after all the big names......
Old 06-15-2010, 02:15 PM   #4
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

Complete fantasy---Revis would be an amazing player to have of course, but he wants something upwards of 15 mil a year. Not too many teams are going to pay that kind of dough for a CB, even if he is one of the 2 best current ones in the league.

For one, great CB's don't tend to stay on top for too long. I can remember when Champ Bailey was the baddest CB on the planet, just 3 years ago, and now nobody fears him.
For two, as mentioned in here, the Jets are picking up a lot of big name players in the offseason, obviously trying to make a run at the SB. These types of moves don't always work out in the NFL. The Pats did a similar thing with their offense before 2007, and while that was a great year for them, they've come crashing back to earth the last two years.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 05:55 PM   #5
jgoodnough
Water Boy

Member Number: 15249

That would be terrible. I Don't want a money grubbing pre-madonna on my team
jgoodnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Like someone said, the jets have way to many big paycheck guys and alot of them are going to break the bank within the next 2 years. Alot of contracts are up and they Jace revis, holmes, there center and LB'er who all want to be paid top dollar. There already overpaying Sanchez and won't be able to afford many more players after revis. It's nice to have the top CB but add in the financial strain and I would rather have a decent corner and be able to afford other players. The jets will crash and burn in 2 years
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #7
Stinky Fred
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16387

A CB of Revis' skills isn't entirely necessary in our scheme. It'd be nice, but I think the money is better spent elsewhere. I'd rather see LaMarr (understand the CBA issue) and Ike extended for much less than we'd have to spend on Revis.
Stinky Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
WeegiesWarriors
Banned

Member Number: 13183

The Jets are going to crash and burn. The league has a season of film on Sanchez and an entire offseason to study it. I've been watching the NFL for far too long. I've seen QBs have a great year and then fall completely off the charts in their second year. They number in the dozens ranging from free agents to number 1 draft picks. Sanchez has to prove it before I'll buy it.

As far as Revis, NFL players are like stocks except there are no coca-colas. Eventually every player falls. Right now you're buying high on Revis and all he can do from here is fall. One nick of the ankle or knee and he is in a downward spiral. I'll pass.
WeegiesWarriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #9
GodfatherofSoul
Team President
Supporter

Spellbound Champion! Add Like Mad Champion! Yeti Sports 1- Long Shot Version Champion! X-Training Champion! Candy Crush Champion! Commando Champion!
Member Number: 14842
Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeegiesWarriors View Post
The Jets are going to crash and burn. The league has a season of film on Sanchez and an entire offseason to study it. I've been watching the NFL for far too long. I've seen QBs have a great year and then fall completely off the charts in their second year. They number in the dozens ranging from free agents to number 1 draft picks. Sanchez has to prove it before I'll buy it.

As far as Revis, NFL players are like stocks except there are no coca-colas. Eventually every player falls. Right now you're buying high on Revis and all he can do from here is fall. One nick of the ankle or knee and he is in a downward spiral. I'll pass.
In the case of Sanchez, it took about 1/2 a season to put the clamps on him.
Old 06-18-2010, 12:42 AM   #10
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
Complete fantasy---Revis would be an amazing player to have of course, but he wants something upwards of 15 mil a year. Not too many teams are going to pay that kind of dough for a CB, even if he is one of the 2 best current ones in the league.

For one, great CB's don't tend to stay on top for too long. I can remember when Champ Bailey was the baddest CB on the planet, just 3 years ago, and now nobody fears him.
For two, as mentioned in here, the Jets are picking up a lot of big name players in the offseason, obviously trying to make a run at the SB. These types of moves don't always work out in the NFL. The Pats did a similar thing with their offense before 2007, and while that was a great year for them, they've come crashing back to earth the last two years.
that may be true but I'll forever remember and love him for this:

sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote