Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 06-14-2010, 06:30 PM   #1
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Ask Leftwich

Steelers.com brings you the Ask the Steelers feature. Fans submitted the questions that were asked. Please understand that we receive an incredible number of questions for each player, with many of the questions being similar, and not all of the questions can be answered. We selected as many as possible, and took your questions to the current subject to get your answers.

Jeff Brewers asks: What was your first reaction when you found out you were traded to the Steelers?
Byron Leftwich: It was a great reaction. When I was here last time it was the best experience I had being in the NFL. I feel this is the best organization in sports. To have another chance to get an opportunity to play here itís a great time for me.

Dennis Sullivan in San Diego, California asks: Did you have any say in the trade that brought you back to Pittsburgh?
Byron Leftwich: Any time you get traded you have some type of clue as to what is going on. I didnít really need a say because what I wanted to say is the same thing they wanted to say, I wanted to be a part of the organization. I wanted to be a part of this team again. To have the opportunity is a blessing. I took it and ran with it.

JJ Myers in Miami, Florida asks: What makes the Steelers organization special?
Byron Leftwich: The way they run things from the top to the bottom. All good organizations have to be run great from the top. Thatís whatís going on here. The Rooney family runs it in a great way. Itís starts there and mingles down through the coaching staff, players, the training staff, equipment staff and the office staff. It all starts at the top. When you have the right leadership at the top, showing you the way to do things itís good to follow and thatís what we are doing.

Steve Burns asks: How much does it help to come to a team you are already familiar with as far as the playbook and your teammates?
Byron Leftwich: This is great. I donít have to learn a whole new offense. I kind of remember it. Itís different from what I did last year. Itís just getting used to it and that is what I am doing.

S. Everett in Hackensack, New Jersey asks: Was it hard leaving the Steelers after winning a Super Bowl with the team?
Byron Leftwich: Yes, it was very hard, but at the same time you understand in this business sometimes things happen. What is exciting for me is to have the opportunity to come back and play where I won a Super Bowl. That is a beautiful thing.

James Little asks: What type of reaction did you get from your teammates upon returning to the Steelers?
Byron Leftwich: I got about 15 text messages and 10 calls right away. It was exciting to see that the guys were excited I was coming back. I made friends here that I will have for the rest of my life. To have another chance to play with them is good.

Martin Mendez asks: How are you going to deal with such high expectations from Steelers fans everywhere?
Byron Leftwich: As players we have such high expectations for ourselves. I am pretty sure their expectations will be where mine are. When you are here, you are here to do one thing and that is win football games and we will try and do that.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...3-84992f0ffba9
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 09:25 PM   #2
Stinky Fred
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16387
Default Re: Ask Leftwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
I wanted to be a part of this team again. To have the opportunity is a blessing.
Bryon, whisper that thought in Ben's ear.
Stinky Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:34 PM   #3
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Byron uncensored: "well I can't start for a loser team because I'm too mediocre and too old to show promise for the future, so I might as well hitch another ride on a team that might take me back to the Superbowl."
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:36 AM   #4
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Hopefully Byron can lead us to at least a 2-2 record while Ben is out.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote