Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 06-19-2010, 10:08 AM   #1
Triggerfish
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15653
Default Once again, Ticket Brokers are the DEVIL!

So, here I am again for my annual rant. ANOTHER unsuccessful attempt at scoring Steelers tickets. I even synchronize my clock to Ticketmaster, and click on Find Tickets the SECOND they go on sale! SO frustrating! I just want to go see a freakin' Steelers game without paying $400 a ticket! Is that too much to ask?! This is now 4 years in a row that I was unable to get seats. Later today StubHub etc. etc. will have these tix listed for 5 times face value. It makes me sick. Really....it does.

Whadya gonna do I guess, right? I just get so bent, cause every year I think it's gonna FINALLY be my year. *Sigh* Well, if any of you season ticket holders are looking to unload some seats to a hardcore fan, feel free to hit me up! Otherwise, it looks like I'll be watching from the couch again this year.
Triggerfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #2
metalforever
Water Boy

Member Number: 16393
Default Re: Once again, Ticket Brokers are the DEVIL!

I got the shaft too.. I had my time set to ticketmaster time as well.

I guess I have to settle for preseason.
metalforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Member Number: 16394

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish View Post
So, here I am again for my annual rant. ANOTHER unsuccessful attempt at scoring Steelers tickets. I even synchronize my clock to Ticketmaster, and click on Find Tickets the SECOND they go on sale! SO frustrating! I just want to go see a freakin' Steelers game without paying $400 a ticket! Is that too much to ask?! This is now 4 years in a row that I was unable to get seats. Later today StubHub etc. etc. will have these tix listed for 5 times face value. It makes me sick. Really....it does.

Whadya gonna do I guess, right? I just get so bent, cause every year I think it's gonna FINALLY be my year. *Sigh* Well, if any of you season ticket holders are looking to unload some seats to a hardcore fan, feel free to hit me up! Otherwise, it looks like I'll be watching from the couch again this year.

Tell you what Trigger Fish I will sell you a pair of tickets to the Panthers/Steelers on Thursday night, December 23rd they are in section 520 AA for $250.

I am going back for Christmas this year and I wanted to go to a game. My wife at work today was trying to get tickets and so was I at home. Wouldn't you know it we both scored tickets so now I have extra's. I knew if we both got tickets I could always sell the other pair.

I don't have them yet but Ticketmaster says they are being printed. If your interested let me know we can certainly work something out so you don't spend $400 to go to another game. I can always put them on ebay then let you know when they are posted so you can hit the "buy it now" button. Using EBAY will protect us both. Just a thought.
lasvegasguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
Triggerfish
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvegasguy View Post
Tell you what Trigger Fish I will sell you a pair of tickets to the Panthers/Steelers on Thursday night, December 23rd they are in section 520 AA for $250.

I am going back for Christmas this year and I wanted to go to a game. My wife at work today was trying to get tickets and so was I at home. Wouldn't you know it we both scored tickets so now I have extra's. I knew if we both got tickets I could always sell the other pair.

I don't have them yet but Ticketmaster says they are being printed. If your interested let me know we can certainly work something out so you don't spend $400 to go to another game. I can always put them on ebay then let you know when they are posted so you can hit the "buy it now" button. Using EBAY will protect us both. Just a thought.

PM sent...
Old 06-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggerfish View Post
PM sent...
Back at ya!
Old 06-19-2010, 06:14 PM   #6
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

I had good luck today, but I've been able to get them every year since they went to ticketmaster. I was never able to get them with the old mail order system being on the waiting list. Probably since I live out of town.
I had 3 computers going with my wife and daughter helping me search. We actually had to drop an extra set because of ticket limits.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:37 PM   #7
lasvegasguy
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
I had good luck today, but I've been able to get them every year since they went to ticketmaster. I was never able to get them with the old mail order system being on the waiting list. Probably since I live out of town.
I had 3 computers going with my wife and daughter helping me search. We actually had to drop an extra set because of ticket limits.
I hear ya. Since I live on the west coast the old mail ticket system never, never, ever worked for me. By the time I got the order form everyone in the surrounding area of Pittsburgh already had theirs in. I was dead before I even started. Ticketmaster has been good to me too. Knock on wood.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:47 PM   #8
nojobny
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 5924

I always tell people to go to the Steelers Ticket Exchange on the Steelers site. It's where season tix holders sell their extras.

http://www.ticketexchangebyticketmas..._PIT_DROP_DOWN
Old 06-19-2010, 08:55 PM   #9
JPPT1974
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5361
My Mood: Brooding

Tickets are outrageous, especially during these economic hard times.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:31 AM   #10
Triggerfish
Draft Prospect

Yea, it's ridiculous how much money you can spend to go see an NFL game these days. My fiance (getting married in September) is a hardcore Pats fan. I know....WTF, right? You can imagine the tension in our house during football season! Hahaha.

Anway, she'd never been to a Pats game, and it was always a dream of hers to see a game in Foxboro, so I got us tickets a few years back....compliments of the Devil (aka StubHub). We had good seats...not 50 yard line lower level good, but good. I think I paid around $800 for the pair. Travel expenses, hotel, souveniers, food, drinks, etc....well, you do the math. It was ugly. We had a great time though, and she'll never forget it. So, I suppose in a way it was worth it, but it sure is hard to justify spending that kinda dough on a football game! Hell, we could have probably gone to the Caribbean for a few days for that amount!

I caught wind of her plans to return the favor the following year at Christmas time, and I put a stop to it. It was 2006, we were making our Super Bowl run, and the price she was going to pay for those tickets was outrageous! As badly as I wanted to go to a game, I just couldn't let her spend that kind of money.

So, here I am, several years later and STILL haven't been to a game since! But this is my year! I'm gonna get to a game come hell or high water this year! Hahaha. I was REALLY hoping to get lucky and land some tickets to the Steeler/Pats primetime game in November, but no dice. That would have been the best-case scenerio for the two of us, but it didn't pan out. I'll keep checking around though, and maybe I'll stumble into something. And lasvegasguy's very generous offer is much appreciated!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!