Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-11-2006, 01:50 AM   #1
taintedsteelxl
Water Boy

Member Number: 1964
Default THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

http://www.taintedsteelxl.com/

REASON:

On Feb 5th, 2006 AD a football game was played between the Seattle Seahawks and the Pittsburgh Steelers. What transpired during this contest will go down in the history of the NFL as a TAINTED game. Nay...this isnt a Seahawk fan complaining, this is a fan of the NFL that has seen enough of these shaningans and will demand that something change. Lets review what happened that caused this uproar from ALL football fans across the NFL:

OVERVIEW
untimely horrible calls
biased officiating
not calling it both ways

Untimely calls:
-Penalty negating Seattle TD
1.Jackson was grabbed not once but twice by the Steeler defender.
2.Jackson does not push off but rather goes to escape the clutching defender
3.Jackson's foot is planted which explains why he achieved seperation from the defender that was illegaly contacting him
4.Referee does not throw flag until he cathes it and gets the TD
5.Conclusion; the referee blew the call and BOTH announcers commented on it because it was such a bad call

-Penalty negating Warwicks return
1.Defender is not even engaged
2.Defender is not grabbed nor does he have his progress impeded.
3.Referee thows flag for no reason and well after Pruits block, its almost as so he throws because of how good of a return it is. There is no other explanation
4.Seattle goes from having the ball at midfield to having it at the 23.
5.Conclusion;referee has money on the game

-Penalty on Locklear negating HUGE gain
1.First off on that play, TWO Steelers were offsides on that play.
2. Now as for the holding call, there was absolutely nothing there that would be called a hold in any game in the NFL, Madden even comments on it being an obvious no call.
3.The flag was not thrown when this supposed hold happened, it was throw AFTER Hassleback threw it...making this the most suspicious flag ever thrown.
4, THe cause from this momentum changing penalty was mind-blowing. Instead of Seattle having the ball on the 2 yard line with a chance to take the lead, they were pushed back on the very next play when Hassleback was sacked. Inwhich a Steeler player was offsides yet AGAIN and yet no call.
5. If anyone has the game on tape, I caution you to watch on an empty stomach because its disgusting and will make any true fan of the nfl sick.

-Penalty on Hassleback TACKLE
1. Hassleback throws an INT when he should've been celebrating a TD, but I digress, he throws an INT and has to make a tackle, but is flagged for a 15 yard penatly instead.
2. This is call is an absolute joke. Hassleback did not even engage the blocker but instead made a CLEAN tackle on the Steeler player.
3. This bad call gives the ball to the Steelers in prime field position setting up their next TD that solidified their TAINTED win.

THOSE REASONS ABOVE ARE WHY NFL FANS ARE INCENSED AND HOW THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WAS CLEARLY CHANGED!!!!

PURPOSE;

This site( http://www.taintedsteelxl.com/)was created to draw attention to the sham that took place in the year of our lord, Feb 5, 2006. Its clear to any unbiased TRUE fan of the game that the Super Bowl was a game inwhich the officials truly changed the outcome in favor of one team. We are not talking about ONE call that went agains a team, we are talking about numerous calls. Numerous BAD calls that were so obviously bad that EVERYONE in America is talking about it.

We are also talking about biased officiating inwhich one team was singled out while the other team was allowed to get away with every violation in the book. Just two weeks ago Joey Porter said that "they wanted to take it from us". Steeler fans were in an uproar about ONE call and they WON. Infact that officials house was vandalized because of Steeler fans that were out of their minds....and they WON. And now these very same Steeler fans are saying other fans are crying, etc., its hypocrisy of the highest order.

So in conclusion this site was created to draw attention to the problems of horrible officiating and for fans of ALL teams to vent and comment on the injustices of these part time officials. The NFL is the most successful league, the richest and yet it hires part-timers, that are old men, which are incapable of officiating in a competent manner!

MISSION:

Our final mission is to raise money to put up a billboard in front of Heinz Field inwhich the truth will be on display for all to see. Its location will draw attention from the national media and embarass the NFL. It will also be for ALL NFL fans to show their disgust with the travesty that took place on Feb 5, 2006.

We appreciate your support and any suggestions you might have to offer.

THANK YOU!
taintedsteelxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:13 AM   #2
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

You are a jerk......
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:20 AM   #3
taintedsteelxl
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaduck43
You are a jerk......

Im a fan of the NFL and wanted to see a good SB that was officiated in an unbiased manner and with some semblance of competence.

I did not, and more the 75% of the people agree. This site is to raise awareness to the deficincies, sheer incompetence and clear biased nature of NFL officials.

The Super Bowl was tainted in an egregious manner that is unparralleled in NFL history and its clear to all with an impartial view that something was amidst.

That is what the billboard is for.

I would think that Steeler fans would be a proponent of this because as Porter said, "they tried to take it from us", and in this case the NFL did "take" it from Seattle.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:49 AM   #4
BlackandGold4Life
Water Boy

Member Number: 1353

so in that case, seahawk players dropping passes, throwing bad passes, missing field goals, and not playing defense are all the refs fault too? stfu and go back to your seahawk board and cry about how the game was taken from you. there is a saying that says," great teams overcome obstacles to win games, good teams cry about how they couldnt". please just leave . your entire post proves how ignorant you really are. i think i lost a few IQ points by reading it too.
BlackandGold4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 02:58 AM   #5
taintedsteelxl
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandGold4Life
so in that case, seahawk players dropping passes, throwing bad passes, missing field goals, and not playing defense are all the refs fault too? stfu and go back to your seahawk board and cry about how the game was taken from you. there is a saying that says," great teams overcome obstacles to win games, good teams cry about how they couldnt". please just leave . your entire post proves how ignorant you really are. i think i lost a few IQ points by reading it too.

Its evident that you are indenial and suffering from delusions. I will not point our any more of your mental defects but rather let my points rest as they are. As Ive stated, MOST NFL fans concur and those that dont are Steeler fans that are upset because their victory was not won in a clear and conclusive manner.

Ive also stated that I AM NOT A SEAHAWKS FAN, I am a fan of another team(the Bears) and more importantly of the NFL. Now I hate the Seahawks as much as much as anyone does and was actually rooting for the Steelers. But the travesty that occured on Feb 5th, 2006 was such a conspicuously flagrant officiated game that it did not sit well in my stomache.

I know that the Steelers felt the same way two weeks earlier and when that occured I was upset too! The point of all this is that the NFL officiating is absolute garbage and is clearly biased. Why is this? I do not know. I would like to know, but alas, I dont.

I understand that this upsets you because the NATION as a whole questions the validity of your championship. Which is no fault of the Steelers or their fans, but rather is the fault of the NFL. The base injustice that we witnessed on that day will be talked about for years, and no personal insult you lob in my direction will change the horrible odor eminating from that game.

Thank you
Old 02-11-2006, 03:28 AM   #6
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

The fact that you're planning on putting this bill board in front of Heinz Field just shows that you blame the Steelers for any bad calls that occured during that game. If you wanted to "embarrass the NFL," you would put that bill board somewhere else. Like outside the NFL headquarters, wherever that is. Go back to your loser team. Please.
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:31 AM   #7
taintedsteelxl
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81
The fact that you're planning on putting this bill board in front of Heinz Field just shows that you blame the Steelers for any bad calls that occured during that game. If you wanted to "embarrass the NFL," you would put that bill board somewhere else. Like outside the NFL headquarters, wherever that is. Go back to your loser team. Please.

This was explored in earnest. However NFL headquarters is in New York City and billboards arent exactly common in Manhatten. But I thank you for your input sir. Please feel free to offer any more suggestions.

Thank you.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:43 AM   #8
taintedsteelxl
Water Boy

Good night men, thank you for reading my essay filled with sound reasoning and undeniable logic.

Last edited by taintedsteelxl; 02-11-2006 at 04:04 AM.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:38 AM   #9
Rotorhead
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 703
My Mood: Relaxed

Maybe your post and your stupid website would have some merit if you weren't just a crying Hawkbaby. Maybe you could mention something like the no call on the OBVIOUS block in the back of Ben on the int return (which would have brought the return back over the 50 and the Hawks probably would not have scored a TD), or the "fumble" ruled an incomplete pass on Stevens (which would have given the Steelers the ball at the 50 and probably at least led to an FG), or the Hasselback fumble ruled down by contact (read last fumble comment). . . however, while that would drive the point home, it won't serve your actual purpose which is to say the "Seahawks should have won if it weren't for the reffing". Since you are so narrow minded that you can not see past your own nose, nobody cares what you are going to do. All this and the fact that you want to put a billboard up at Heinz Field confirms you are just a Hawkbaby and can't handle the fact YOUR team is the reason the game was lost. Please go die.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:59 AM   #10
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedsteelxl
Good night men, thank you for reading my essay filled with sound reasoning and undeniable logic.
#1: Learn that big-plays can be made WITHOUT Offensive Tackles holding charging Linebackers, and WITHOUT receivers pushing-off in the endzone.

#2: Understand that coaches with big reputations don't always manage the clock well at the end of the half.

#3: Field-position is best maintained when a punter repeatedly has the ball land well-shy of the goal-line, not IN the endzone.

#4: When a player is labeled a 'pass-catching Tight End', it is imperative for him to actually CATCH the ball, and for him to have 'soft-hands', not a soft-spine.

#5: The Stillers rountinely have 3 men (Roethlisberger, Randle El, and Ward ), playing offense, with current or previous Quarterbacking ability, and everybody in the joint knew they like to run gadget-plays..... except the Seahawk Defensive Backs.

The officiating sucked all year long in the NFL, and has gotten worse, even-WITH better technology:
none-the-less, teams that win overcome these bad-calls, and make the big-plays when they need them, while losing teams, coaches, and fans cry and say "WHAT-IF?".....

Which are you?
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote