Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-11-2006, 05:01 AM   #11
luvmysteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1230
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

L-O-S-E-R

I'd gladly give you my "suggestion," but I respect he moderators of this board too much to say what
I'm really thinking.
luvmysteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 06:42 AM   #12
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592

I was not going to give any further response to your drivel other than the truth that I posted above, but as I was trying to sleep, I was bothered by the fact that there are some folks in this world like you who couldn't face the truth if it smacked them in the face.....

So here is my two cents..... I would post them on your poor excuse for a board, but I would imagine that it will be shut down either from lack of interest or from your inability to face life as it is....

I will agree with you on one point - - the officiating in this years' season was not up to its usual standard.... However, after most of the rabble rousing sports columnists stepped back and reviewed the events of Sunday's game, they realized that they had overreacted to the very biased rantings of the announcer of the game..... The calls and the game have been reviewed ad nausium, and the calls that were made, save one, should have been made...... And, the only jerks stupid enough to continue with ranting about the results are those folks who cannot see, nor accept the fact that the calls were there, they happened, they were reviewed within the parameters that exist right now and that is what we deal with..... That is football..... The game was played with two teams who responded in two very different ways to what was playing out on the field - - not the ramblings of a frustrated disgruntled former coach in his TV booth..... Unfortunatly, a lot of 'fans' and columnists looked no further than what they heard during the game on Sunday, and they jumped onto bandwagon of "those hated Steelers are winning again" and ran with it.... They did not take the time to look at the rerunning of the films - - the NFL's review of the calls - - the columnists who have done that and have given credit where credit is due - - without an apology in the bunch, I might add - - - they just continued with their worthless and baseless rantings..... I guess they, and you, just like to listen to your own voice.... But after a while, that has to get old, doesn't it???

The Seahawks coach got so caught up in his delusions that he was 'robbed', that he failed his team..... He failed his team - - the officials did not cause that failure.... His players were mismanaged, they were unable to follow through on their chances to score and made crucial errors and even though they are disappointed with their loss, they have handled their defeat with style and grace - - giving credit where credit is due -- to the victors....

The Steelers were dealt the same conditions on the field as the Seahawks..... However, they did what they did when the calls happened.... They played ball - - - not with, nor without the help of the officials.... They picked themselves up after they were disappointed by some questionable calls (one of which was historically admitted by the NFL) and they won crucial games when it counted....

If you have a beef - - or believe that you have a beef - - then take it out on whom you perceive to be the guilty parties - - the NFL or the Officials..... Don't take it out on a team who fought and played and won a game that YOUR team could not win...... Whether your team is the Bears (Hmmmm..... should I post photos of the 'snow bowl' of December 11?), or the Seahawks, they lost to a superior team this season......

Last edited by Mamaduck43; 02-11-2006 at 07:18 AM.
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:33 AM   #13
GoStillersGo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1179

To reiterate a point I think you missed earlier -- Ok you believe the officials were in the wrong, not the Steelers. Why do you harass the Steelers and their fans? You rightly admit that any mistakes that might have been made in officiating are not the fault of Steelers or their fans.

In fact, what did you expect the Steelers to do? Say they benefited from a bad call (which I don't think was the case) -- what do you want them to do -- lodge a protest to have a penalty called against them?

I understand that you're already too invested in this cause -- if not monetarily, than emotionally. And because of that you're unable to admit you're wrong. When you arrive at that conclusion -- and you should if you are honest with yourself -- cease and desist your project. I won't ask for an apology, just that you leave. Unless you decide to be a good citizen on this board; then you can stay.
GoStillersGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:39 AM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,205 Times in 3,232 Posts

Get over it
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 08:19 AM   #15
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217

*YAWN*

LMAO...I have a better chance of hitting the Powerball tonight than this idiot has of placing an Anti Steeler billboard anywhere within 200 miles of Heinz Field
Old 02-11-2006, 08:39 AM   #16
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Hmm... Let me say this as succinctly and delicately as I can.

*Finger*

Go away troll. Get over it. Nothing you put on a website is going to change the past.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:40 AM   #17
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

If I were a SuperMod, I would ban your candy ass.

Get the f-ck out of here with this TOTAL BS. The officiating was on par with the rest of the games played in the NFL this season.

Where was ANY of this support when we were subject to horrible officiating in the Colts game? There wasn't any... Why? Because we still won that game. CHAMPIONS overcome any adversity.

20 reasons the refs' calls didn't matter...

1. The Refs didn't give up the longest run in SB history...Seattle's defense did.
2. The Refs didn't bite on a 43 yd trick play, Randle to Ward for a TD...Seattle's defense did.
3. The Refs didn't allow Ben to scramble around on a 3rd and 28 and complete a long pass to the 2 yd. line...Seattle's defense did.
4. The Refs didn't miss two field goals, that was Seattle.
5. The Refs didn't fail to step out of bounds late in the 1st half to stop the clock in Pitt territory in a crunch time situation...Seattle's offense did.
6. The Refs didn't let the 1st half clock tick down from 48 seconds all the way down to 13 seconds before finally running their next play at Pitt's 36 yd line...Seattle's offense did.
7. And on this play, 3rd down, 53 yds away from a FG, it wasn't the Refs who tried and failed to go deep for a TD rather than a safer 5-7 yd play and timeout setting up a much easier FG attempt....that, again, would be Seattle's offense.
8. The Refs didn't get confused by Pitt's zone defense and throw an INT...that would be Seattle's QB.
9. The Refs didn't let a little physical contact intimidate them from catching 4 very catchable passes...that would be the Seattle TE Jeremy Stevens.
10. With approx. 20 seconds left in the game, knowing they need a TD and FG, in no particular order, and in easy FG range on 4th down, it wasn't the Refs who ignored the FG and elected to throw up a prayer trying for a TD...that AGAIN would be Seattle.
11. The Refs didn't constantly punt deep into the end zone, repeatedly giving Pitt the ball at the 20 yd line...that of course was Seattle.
12. It wasn't the Refs who received a Christmas gift wrapped easy INT lobbed in perfect position to return deep into Pitt territory...the lucky beneficiary of that break would be Seattle.
13. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when a Steeler DB dropped an easy int early in the game...that too would be a break for Seattle.
14. It wasn't the Refs who caught a break when a Steeler WR dropped a very catchable TD pass...that break again would go to Seattle.
15. It wasn't the scapegoat Refs that received a break when a WR caught the ball, turned, stepped, was hit hard enough to cause a fumble, and then ruled INCOMPLETE...that would be of course, another chance for Seattle.
(this was an interesting call considering that after Troy's famous overruled Int, the NFL stated that it WAS a catch. If so, than this definitely WAS a catch)
16. The Refs werent the ones who caught a break when at the conclusion of a 2nd qtr play, as a Pitt DE was walking away, the Seattle Center blindsided the defenseless player, leveling him to the ground. This mysteriously unseen crime was again another break for Seattle.
17. It wasn't the Refs who got a break when Pitt QB Big Ben was blocked in the back as he pursued the DB who he'd tossed an int to...that again would go to Seattle.
18. It wasn't the Refs who stopped Seattle RB Alexander in a few key situations. That would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.
19. It wasn't the Refs who converted many of their 3rd downs yet stopped their opponent on 3rd down often...that would be the Pittsburgh Steelers.
20. And the very bottom line is this...On plays when there wasn't any penalties...One team made plays and one team didn't. The end result was the final score, 21-10 Seattle was outcoached and outplayed.

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:05 AM   #18
Mr. Clean
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1156

75% of NFL fans agree?

What proof do you have of that?

Go ahead, raise your money and just try to put up a billboard.
You might find yourself duct-taped to it.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:00 AM   #19
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

wtf are you ****ing serious, im so sick of this shit why is all these *******s want to take what we worked so damn hard for? I don't understand sure they may have been two ****ing bad calls in the SB but it has been said before the Seahawks just did not make good plays when they needed to so what the ****!!!! This is getting out of control and it's starting to piss me off! The Steelers won and the Seahawks lost and if your a fan of another team or whatever why the **** are you doing all this? Why should you care about the SB if your team did not make it there? So dumb man.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:08 AM   #20
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION
NO REASON, NO PURPOSE, THERE FOR NO MISSION (EXCEPT LOOKING LIKE A ****)