Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006, 11:09 AM   #21
silver & black
Team President
 
silver & black's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Massillon, Oh.
Posts: 2,499
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1836
Thanks: 11
Thanked 348 Times in 140 Posts
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedsteelxl
http://www.taintedsteelxl.com/

REASON:


On Feb 5th, 2006 AD a football game was played between the Seattle Seahawks and the Pittsburgh Steelers. What transpired during this contest will go down in the history of the NFL as a TAINTED game. Nay...this isnt a Seahawk fan complaining, this is a fan of the NFL that has seen enough of these shaningans and will demand that something change. Lets review what happened that caused this uproar from ALL football fans across the NFL:


OVERVIEW
untimely horrible calls
biased officiating
not calling it both ways

Untimely calls:
-Penalty negating Seattle TD
1.Jackson was grabbed not once but twice by the Steeler defender.
2.Jackson does not push off but rather goes to escape the clutching defender
3.Jackson's foot is planted which explains why he achieved seperation from the defender that was illegaly contacting him
4.Referee does not throw flag until he cathes it and gets the TD
5.Conclusion; the referee blew the call and BOTH announcers commented on it because it was such a bad call

-Penalty negating Warwicks return
1.Defender is not even engaged
2.Defender is not grabbed nor does he have his progress impeded.
3.Referee thows flag for no reason and well after Pruits block, its almost as so he throws because of how good of a return it is. There is no other explanation
4.Seattle goes from having the ball at midfield to having it at the 23.
5.Conclusion;referee has money on the game

-Penalty on Locklear negating HUGE gain
1.First off on that play, TWO Steelers were offsides on that play.
2. Now as for the holding call, there was absolutely nothing there that would be called a hold in any game in the NFL, Madden even comments on it being an obvious no call.
3.The flag was not thrown when this supposed hold happened, it was throw AFTER Hassleback threw it...making this the most suspicious flag ever thrown.
4, THe cause from this momentum changing penalty was mind-blowing. Instead of Seattle having the ball on the 2 yard line with a chance to take the lead, they were pushed back on the very next play when Hassleback was sacked. Inwhich a Steeler player was offsides yet AGAIN and yet no call.
5. If anyone has the game on tape, I caution you to watch on an empty stomach because its disgusting and will make any true fan of the nfl sick.

-Penalty on Hassleback TACKLE
1. Hassleback throws an INT when he should've been celebrating a TD, but I digress, he throws an INT and has to make a tackle, but is flagged for a 15 yard penatly instead.
2. This is call is an absolute joke. Hassleback did not even engage the blocker but instead made a CLEAN tackle on the Steeler player.
3. This bad call gives the ball to the Steelers in prime field position setting up their next TD that solidified their TAINTED win.

THOSE REASONS ABOVE ARE WHY NFL FANS ARE INCENSED AND HOW THE OUTCOME OF THE GAME WAS CLEARLY CHANGED!!!!



PURPOSE;

This site( http://www.taintedsteelxl.com/)was created to draw attention to the sham that took place in the year of our lord, Feb 5, 2006. Its clear to any unbiased TRUE fan of the game that the Super Bowl was a game inwhich the officials truly changed the outcome in favor of one team. We are not talking about ONE call that went agains a team, we are talking about numerous calls. Numerous BAD calls that were so obviously bad that EVERYONE in America is talking about it.

We are also talking about biased officiating inwhich one team was singled out while the other team was allowed to get away with every violation in the book. Just two weeks ago Joey Porter said that "they wanted to take it from us". Steeler fans were in an uproar about ONE call and they WON. Infact that officials house was vandalized because of Steeler fans that were out of their minds....and they WON. And now these very same Steeler fans are saying other fans are crying, etc., its hypocrisy of the highest order.

So in conclusion this site was created to draw attention to the problems of horrible officiating and for fans of ALL teams to vent and comment on the injustices of these part time officials. The NFL is the most successful league, the richest and yet it hires part-timers, that are old men, which are incapable of officiating in a competent manner!



MISSION:

Our final mission is to raise money to put up a billboard in front of Heinz Field inwhich the truth will be on display for all to see. Its location will draw attention from the national media and embarass the NFL. It will also be for ALL NFL fans to show their disgust with the travesty that took place on Feb 5, 2006.

We appreciate your support and any suggestions you might have to offer.

THANK YOU!
It is your "mission" that is tainted. No one is arguing that the officiating is bad, and getting worse. Bad calls happen to ALL teams.

Why should you put up a billboard at Heinz Field? What purpose would it serve, other than to draw the ire of Steelers fans... and rightfully so. Admit it, that IS the pusrpose.

The only "travesty" that took place on Sun. Feb. 5, is that the Seahawks played a poor game. they dropped passes, missed field goals, caught passes out of bounds, and managed the clock horribly... they didn't deserve to win...and they didn't!

You're an idiot. Write your letter to the NFL Commissioner, Paul Tagliaboob... he is the one responsible for cleaning up the officiating. Apparently he likes it the way it is, or he would do something about it. I wouldn't hold my breath I were you.

If I see this same post over at RF.net, I will request that you be banned from the site.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 12:41 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,717
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,437
Thanked 11,080 Times in 4,583 Posts
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clean
75% of NFL fans agree?

What proof do you have of that?

Go ahead, raise your money and just try to put up a billboard.
You might find yourself duct-taped to it.
75% of the "fans" who watched the sb were casual fans, who probably dont watch more than 3 games a year. (i dont give a shit what THEY think

90% of the fans who watched were rooting for the steelers anyways.

steelersfever will get more hits than this dudes whiny website.

seahawks should just be glad that they didnt lose by 25-30 points.

the nfc has been the inferior conference for the past 3 years.

steelers were destined to win even if all the supposed bad calls went against them instead of the seahawks.

maybe this moron needs to go to ref school to try to fix the problems instead of trying to play webmaster and pseudo-commisionner.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:14 PM   #23
taintedsteelxl
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17
Member Number: 1964
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

I see many of you are upset because reality scares you. Thats fine. I understand. If my team needed officiating to assist in an endeavor os such magnitude, I too would close my eyes and ignore the facts. However I as a fan of the NFL, I can do no such thing.

Furthermore, to point out the final act of perplexity on the part of the officials that compelled me to begin this in earnest, I will take you back to the TRUE crime of the game:


What no one is talking about and what has largely gone unnoticed when discussing the horrible calls is when the flags were actually thrown.

Were they thrown when supposed penatly was being commited? Nay they were not!

If any one still has the game on TIVO or has it recorded look at two plays in particular:

Warwick Punt Return:
the official throws it well after the alleged hold occurs. It only seems that he throws it because it could've possilbly been a TD. He just randomly throws it for no reason. Its bizarre...or is it.....I think he knew what he was doing!

Locklear Hold:
This is the worst one. The official does not throw it when it happens. He doesnt not even reach for his flag while it is happening. Infact he throws AFTER Hassleback throws the ball for a completion! And WE all know why!


No true NFL fan can sit back and act like these bizarre acts of the officials didnt take place. We all know that gambling is an epedimic in sports and who is to say that these officials are above influencing the game for reasons that they only know.

Last edited by taintedsteelxl; 02-11-2006 at 01:34 PM.
taintedsteelxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:22 PM   #24
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

LOL, this kid is good.
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:26 PM   #25
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,717
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,437
Thanked 11,080 Times in 4,583 Posts
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedsteelxl
I see many of you are upset because reality scares you. Thats fine. I understand. If my team needed officiating to assist in an endeavor os such magnitude, I too would close my eyes and ignore the facts. However I as a fan of the NFL, I can do no such thing.

Furthermore, to point out the final act perplexity on the part of the officials that compelled me to begin this in earnest, I will take you back to the TRUE crime of the game:


What no one is talking about and what has largely gone unnoticed when discussing the horrible calls is when the flags were actually thrown.

Were they thrown when supposed penatly was being commited? Nay they were not!

If any one still has the game on TIVO or has it recorded look at two plays in particular:

Warwick Punt Return:
the official throws it well after the alleged hold occurs. It only seems that he throws it because it could've possilbly been a TD. He just randomly throws it for no reason. Its bizarre...or is it.....I think he knew what he was doing!

Locklear Hold:
This is the worst one. The official does not throw it when it happens. He doesnt not even reach for his flag while it is happening. Infact he throws AFTER Hassleback throws the ball for a completion! And WE all know why!


No true NFL fan can sit back and act like these bizarre acts of the officials didnt take place. We all know that gambling is an epedimic in sports and who is to say that these officials are above influencing the game for reasons that they only know.
the steelers were gonna win that game regardless. it was destiny. it was fate. the best refs worked hard all year to earn the right to officiate that game. how can j. stevens catch a ball, get 2 feet down make a football move turning around for a 3rd step, fumble the ball, and it be ruled an incomplete pass. aknowledge this fact and you wont seem so disgruntled and bitter. just about everything you are bitching about has been clarified by the league offices as the correct call. who are we supposed to believe. some joe schmoe like you or the freaking league and all the talking heads that are coming around to see the game was called properly with no shenanigans.

personally im more likely to believe the analasys of dan marino, chris collinsworth and chris carter (who im sure have forgotten more football than you know) over your hateritis laced opinions. they all agreed out of the 5 most agregious calls only 1 was incorrect. im sure pat kirwan and gil brandt are more of an authority than you.

while you may think your monday morning officiating skills are top notch, you are clearly barking up the wrong tree. steelers won. the game is over, if you want the game replayed all you would see is the seahawks get an even more severe beatdown than the 1st time.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:29 PM   #26
SteelersGal17
Draft Prospect
 
SteelersGal17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA!
Posts: 109
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1039
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

are we going to let this jackass get away with this? I don't think so...I would have kicked his fat ass out of here or close this thread down. There's no sense of starting something that most of us have known since it's been all around the news and internet. All that matters is that Steelers won, and the calls against Seattle were actually correctly called. NFL even backed them up and maybe some of the calls were bad, but, I guess that Seattle fans or any fans that hate the Steelers won't give up and try to think of every little ****ing thing to get people to think we didn't win this game fair and square
__________________

SteelersGal17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:31 PM   #27
taintedsteelxl
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17
Member Number: 1964
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the steelers were gonna win that game regardless. it was destiny. it was fate. the best refs worked hard all year to earn the right to officiate that game. how can j. stevens catch a ball, get 2 feet down make a football move turning around for a 3rd step, fumble the ball, and it be ruled an incomplete pass. aknowledge this fact and you wont seem so disgruntled and bitter. just about everything you are bitching about has been clarified by the league offices as the correct call. who are we supposed to believe. some joe schmoe like you or the freaking league and all the talking heads that are coming around to see the game was called properly with no shenanigans.

personally im more likely to believe the analasys of dan marino, chris collinsworth and chris carter (who im sure have forgotten more football than you know) over your hateritis laced opinions. they all agreed out of the 5 most agregious calls only 1 was incorrect. im sure pat kirwan and gil brandt are more of an authority than you.

while you may think your monday morning officiating skills are top notch, you are clearly barking up the wrong tree. steelers won. the game is over, if you want the game replayed all you would see is the seahawks get an even more severe beatdown than the 1st time.

I readily acknowledge that Stevens' drop was indeed a catch and a fumble, but if you watch that play closely, you would see that there was no Steeler actually recovered the ball, hence your arguement is irrelevant.

The fact of the matter is that the Seahawks WON every statistical catagory of importance and yet managed to lose the game. This is the first time that this has occured in Super Bowl history. This is also the first time the Super Bowl is tainted.
taintedsteelxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:33 PM   #28
taintedsteelxl
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 17
Member Number: 1964
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43
LOL, this kid is good.

By the way, I must say that your quote of Porters is quite apropos and he is correct in his assessment. No Super Bowl champion has won in this fashion before. As he would say, "they tried to take it from us", but this time they took it from the Hawks. Thank you Joseph for saying what we all know about the referees.
taintedsteelxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #29
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedsteelxl
By the way, I must say that your quote of Porters is quite apropos and he is correct in his assessment. No Super Bowl champion has won in this fashion before. As he would say, "they tried to take it from us", but this time they took it from the Hawks. Thank you Joseph for saying what we all know about the referees.
lol, ok junior. You should go up to him and tell him that. That would be interesting. I'm sure you would rather hide behind the luxury of mommy and daddy's computer screen though.

Your no longer worth my time.

21-10
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:38 PM   #30
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 40,717
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,437
Thanked 11,080 Times in 4,583 Posts
Default Re: THE REASON, THE PURPOSE, THE MISSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedsteelxl
I readily acknowledge that Stevens' drop was indeed a catch and a fumble, but if you watch that play closely, you would see that there was no Steeler actually recovered the ball, hence your arguement is irrelevant.

The fact of the matter is that the Seahawks WON every statistical catagory of importance and yet managed to lose the game. This is the first time that this has occured in Super Bowl history. This is also the first time the Super Bowl is tainted.
your freaking crazy! james farrior was all over it but pulled up cause the official was blowing his whistle that it wasnt a live ball. non reviewable play! he is not gonna wast his time and enercy chasing down and picking up a dead ball. watch it again. if the fix was on you think they wouldve blown that whistle? your argument is crumbling. although your statistics in the superbowl are right it is not the 1st time in a game 1 team has lead all statistical categories and lost. steelers scored 21 points hence YOUR argument is irrelevant. shoulda been atleast 35.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts