Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-11-2006, 01:40 PM   #11
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634
Default Re: Steelers Draft Thread

Depending on what happens in free agency, WR may be an early need.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #12
mdhus
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1695

Secondary. With hope and possibly Townsend leaving we would need some extra help in that department.

siko

JAM Computers
mdhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:11 PM   #13
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I dont believe were going to be able to get Lendale White.....And at number 32....also it seems like a wast..i think we should pick up Nick Mangold........at center he has the potential to be a pro bowler.
and hartings is getting old

Last edited by BIGBENFASTWILLIE; 02-11-2006 at 04:29 PM.
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:26 PM   #14
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

LenDale will go to the Ratbirds at #13. Jamal already sold his house in Baltimore and is gearing up for a new team. There has been some chatter that Jamal is going to be trade to the Vikings for Culpepper.

If we lose ARE, which I believe we will, getting a WR in the draft is important. I like Moss from Miami. Sure he is 5' 8", but has 4.4 speed. He has the ability to do what his brother does.

If for some reason we re-sign ARE, I like taking Mangold from Ohio St. Hartings knees won't last much longer and and Chucky is not the right guy for the STARTING job.

We also need to address the secondary because the chances of signing Hope, Townsend & Taylor is unlikely. I have no problem with cutting Townsend and promoting McFadden. Hope is up in the air with me. If we can get a good deal, I say sign him. He's a little hot & cold for me. Ike is a must sign!!

We also are going to need a DE that will fit into our 3-4 scheme. I don't think Kimo is going to comeback and we will re-sign Diesel Kiesel!

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:24 PM   #15
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,086 Times in 2,377 Posts

DB, WR, and (if Keisel leaves) DL. Can always use another LB for teh 3-4.

Starting a rookie at FS is a big gamble, but I do not believe Chris Hope is coming back (ARE is gone) and I do not see bring in another FA to replace Hope. Plan may to have Logan or Coclough start the season at FS and work a high draft pick in.

If it appears Ike Taylor will be gone after 2006 may need to load up on DBs this draft
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #16
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

darnell Bing is also an option to replace Hope, and can start from day one
Old 02-11-2006, 04:35 PM   #17
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

The key to all this is FA. If we lose a bunch of guys, they'll need replaced but will also open cap room to do so. How all that pans out will determine how we draft this year. I do believe that we are in a good place this year, as we don't have giant gaping needs which allows us to draft best players available and not as much for need. That being said...

If Hope leaves, FS needs addressed if not by FA then by the draft.
If Hartings restructures, we are okay at C, if they cut him loose for cap reasons, C needs addressed through FA or preferably draft.
If Townsend goes, we need a DB but I'd go FA on this, not draft. We are solid at DB with 3 youngs studs, and have Chidi for depth. We need a seasoned pro to step in as a nickel back and for depth, not a rook.
RB is a possibility, but only if the guy we need is there. I think we'll pick RB in 3+, unless they do something surprising in FA.
WR is certainly a possibility, especially if ARE goes.
Other than that, I do believe we have the luxury of picking exceptional football players regardless of position. We should also pick up some compensatory picks for the departure of Plex (More good coming from that deal). It'll be a fun offseason.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:40 PM   #18
Milkman
Starter

Member Number: 1055

I'm likin' the looks of Stovall from ND at WR.

Us against the world...STILL!
Bring it suckas!
Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #19
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

RB, WR, DL(Depending On Kimo And Brett)

WR If ARE does NOT RETURN I'd like to see them get that Moss from Miami or Willie Reed from Florida State(Can't argue with Florida Speed)
RB I'd go for either Tony Hunt Or Leon Washington Maybe If He is Not Too Pricy Bring In Edgerin. He could be one of our Bus Runners And could be a 3rd Down/Goal Line Back. We May also need someone depending on How Haynes plays out.
DL If he is around that long Tamba Hali Or a FA

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 06:11 AM   #20
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

I believe we need to make an offer to ARE but on our terms we can pick up a WR in the draft.
Hope will more then likely be gone and maybe Townsend but I think McFadden is ready to step in and we can replace Hope by FA.
I think we'll pay to bring back Keisel and maybe talk Kimo into taking a pay cut for one more year.I'd like to see us get Mario Wiiliams(NC State) hes a monster but I know thats just me smoking...lol
The O line will be alright without Hartings might talk him into coming back for less money for a chance at another SB.If not theres Mangold and a couple of others that are just as stout as him for center.
The RB situation will be interesting....Staley could come back but would have to take a paycut and I don't know if he would take a backseat to Parker or not,he put his ego aside for Bettis and the team and didn't even play in the SB I don't know if he would do that another year ... Haynes might be leaving too. As far as who to pick up in the draft...I like Addai from LSU he has the speed(4.40) and the frame to bulk up,he has good hands and is a good blocker and can pick up the blitz hes not afraid to mix it up with the big boys.
All in all we don't look to bad we'll have a damn good draft and be defending our title with no problems.....

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote