Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #21
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1634
Default Re: Steal in Free Agency

I look for Duce to move in Jerome's role next year and maybe draft a RB or pick up a decent guy in FA. I don't look to sign a big name FA this offseason. Duce should be healthy because he has had a whole year to rest.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #22
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

I'd like to think he'll be healthy, but I swear, I've seen him 95% of the time I've been familiar with him in plainclothes. I hope he stays healthy, because he could bring a very healthy Bettis-style running game a few years ago. A healthy Parker and Duce will be quite a weapon, I think, but I want to see him stay dressed.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:34 PM   #23
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSteeler
I'd take a chance on Lewis...and if Detroit cut Charles Rogers, he'd be here too...Steelers are good at re-working contracts...if they want something, Omar Khan will find a way to do it.
Re-working a contract isn't the hard part, re-working the wiring in some of these guys heads is the hard part, which is why you won't see Lewis or any other disease in a Steeler uniform (thankfully).
Old 02-12-2006, 09:30 AM   #24
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Im just saying that if we gave him a chance,,,,,,,,he could do some great things for us.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:42 AM   #25
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Im just saying that if we gave him a chance,,,,,,,,he could do some great things for us.
I think you can say that about a good number of the diseases in the NFL. TO is a perfect example. Philly gave him a "chance" and now another team is going to try and give him a "chance" and they all feel that they can change some of these guys. Very, very rarely do these guys change. I'm not sure I would consider Jamal Lewis a "steal", more of a gamble than anything else.

Also, what if he doesn't change? We will not only be stuck with a head case, we will also be stuck with the money we blew on a guy we decided to give a "chance" to. I don't think it's worth the gamble. This is a guy that has been in the league for a fair amount of years and he's telling his team and the media that he may not give 100% because he's coming up on free agency? No thanks.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 02-12-2006 at 10:16 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #26
Need4spd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
That's what you aren't quite getting. The Steelers don't play "Win at any cost" games, and that's why they have stability, almost no scandal, relative unity, and 5 Super Bowl rings. They take the high road and win...If the Steelers picked up a guy like Jamal Lewis or Randy Moss or TO, Art Rooney would be doing flips in his grave.
Thank you very much. Can we all please come back down to mother earth for a moment. This is not going to happen, nor should it. Jamal Lewis does not belong is a Steelers uniform. Need I remind everyone that the Steelers did just recently win a fairly big game, so I think the coaching staff and the front office deserve a little credit with regard to their personnel decisions, and the formula with which this organization has used to operate for as long as any of us can remember. To bring in a player like Jamal Lewis would be COMPLETELY out of character for this team. It's no accident that in professional sports, in recent years the teams that have exemplified a TEAM first concept have been the most successful. Just a few of the more recent examples... Boston Red Sox, Chicago White Sox, Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs, New England Patriots, and of course our very own Pittsburgh Steelers. Case in point, I think we're on the right track.
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:29 AM   #27
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I say we look at Joe Jerivius from seattle
Old 02-12-2006, 11:51 AM   #28
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeler in Carolina
I look for Duce to move in Jerome's role next year and maybe draft a RB or pick up a decent guy in FA. I don't look to sign a big name FA this offseason. Duce should be healthy because he has had a whole year to rest.
You got it, the Steelers will not be making any huge splashes in FA this year. We need to take care of our own and sign as many of our own FA's and RFA's as possible.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #29
LambertIsGod58
Team President

Member Number: 410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4spd
Thank you very much. Can we all please come back down to mother earth for a moment. This is not going to happen, nor should it. Jamal Lewis does not belong is a Steelers uniform. Need I remind everyone that the Steelers did just recently win a fairly big game, so I think the coaching staff and the front office deserve a little credit with regard to their personnel decisions, and the formula with which this organization has used to operate for as long as any of us can remember. To bring in a player like Jamal Lewis would be COMPLETELY out of character for this team. It's no accident that in professional sports, in recent years the teams that have exemplified a TEAM first concept have been the most successful. Just a few of the more recent examples... Boston Red Sox, Chicago White Sox, Detroit Pistons, San Antonio Spurs, New England Patriots, and of course our very own Pittsburgh Steelers. Case in point, I think we're on the right track.

Did Greg Lloyd deserve to be in a Steelers uniform? After all, he pulled a gun on his own kid. I know it was after his playing days....but still did it.

"Life is a journey and you never arrive" Chuck Noll 1969-91
LambertIsGod58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 12:37 PM   #30
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambertIsGod58
Did Greg Lloyd deserve to be in a Steelers uniform? After all, he pulled a gun on his own kid. I know it was after his playing days....but still did it.
Right, main word there is "after" his playing days. It's hard to read the future If you are the Rooney's to see what Lloyd would have done "after" he left the team. The guy did not get arrested before or while he was on the roster, he was not a cancer in the locker room and he was a beast when he played.

If Greg Lloyd put a gun in his kid's mouth before he joined the team or while he was on the team I would say "no, he does not deserve to be in a Steeler uniform or around society in general".

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 02-12-2006 at 09:43 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote