Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-12-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618
Default Arts and humanities

Dont know if i will find anyone on here, but hopefully i will.
Having a hard time with an essay question and since i end up at this site whenever i get fed up with school work i might as well ask...

Anyone know what High Renaissance sculpture is and how we can explain Michelangelo's DAVID representing high renaissance???

Thanks
GO STEELERS
Old 02-12-2006, 09:37 PM   #2
BlackNGold203
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1217
Default Re: Arts and humanities

Does it have anything to do with the Fire Zone Blitz?...or the Cover 2???
Old 02-12-2006, 09:39 PM   #3
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

I wish it did!!!! But Im not sure we could even find the answer using the 3-4 defense.
Old 02-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Having a hard time with an essay question and since i end up at this site whenever i get fed up with school work i might as well ask...

Anyone know what High Renaissance sculpture is and how we can explain Michelangelo's DAVID representing high renaissance???

Thanks
GO STEELERS
Well...I was just mulling this one over with some friends the other day and the conclusion we came to was that Leonardo da Vinci can truly be described as a genius of the High Renaissance and the definitive Renaissance ‘polymath’. His genius as a painter, draughtsman, sculptor, architect, inventor and engineer exemplified the Humanist ideal.

Ok ok.....I lied.

Have a look below.

http://www.abstractloft.com/expressionist/artcrit.html

http://newssearch.looksmart.com/p/ar...7/ai_n15954389

http://newssearch.looksmart.com/p/ar...23669#continue

The last couple of links have a search function - so you can play around with that to find what you want.

For the original search on google I typed - "high renaissance critique"

There is alot of reading for you there

Good Luck

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE

Thanks
GO STEELERS
ok its been a while since art history but i am a michaelangelo afficianado. after the "dark ages" there was the renaissance which was pretty much a rebirth of the studies such as science, literature, art, philosophy (many studies that had been lost and shoved aside) etc. many artists in the 15th and 16th century started refering back to the classical times of the greeks from when they were at the height of their society. as stated, artists like michaelangelo and da vinci would actually preform dissections to learn the intricacies of the human form to make their works as real and anatomically correct as possible.

michaelangelos david is probably the most famous and recognized sculpture in the world and it has been for about 500 years. even with modern technology a more accurate depiction of a man in stone would be difficult to make, than what michaelangelo did with the naked eye and schetches. no one could do a better DAVID or perfect it.

it is said by some historians that michaelangelo single handedly brought an end to the high rennaisance period (an art period he helped usher in and make famous) because after all his works, noone could do anything to top them. he advanced an art period to its threshold. after him everything in the same style was looking like an immitation.

or some bullshit like that. really just reword a few sentences there and say he was the best and im sure you will get credit for the question. and if you ever need help with michaelangelo trivia (b. 1492, lived 89 years, 4years to paint the sistine ceiling for pope julius II, 7 years spent on the altar wall) i am your man.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #6
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you
Rep points to you both...
Thanks
Old 02-12-2006, 11:26 PM   #7
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Well here it is:

Question #3: Discuss the principles of High Renaissance sculpture as noted in the “A Matter of Style” feature box, and explain how Michelangelo’s David represents them.

The High Renaissance is characterized by impressive themes and styles. A cultural and intellectual movement of the Renaissance that emphasized material concerns as a result of the rediscovery and study of the literature, art, and civilization of ancient Greece and Rome. It is a system of thought that centers on humans and their values, capacities, and worth. In Michelangelo’s sculpture, David is naked and may represent wealth, heroism, and divine qualities. The sculpture may also represent Michelangelo’s own perception of the perfection of man, since he himself was gay. Michelangelo’s David is probably the most famous and recognized sculpture in the world. Even with modern technology a more accurate depiction of a man in stone, it would be difficult to make a more accurate duplicate of man than what Michelangelo did with the naked eye. The High Renaissance helped shape David and bring to him life like qualities.

For thoes who: Does this sound right???
Old 02-12-2006, 11:40 PM   #8
Rust-Buster
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1633

And here I always thought high renaissance referred to what they were smoking. Good answers, move to the head of the class.
Rust-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:48 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

lose the gay part and dont say acurate depiction/duplicate twice.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #10
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
lose the gay part and dont say acurate depiction/duplicate twice.
DONE
Thanks...