Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 07-15-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
Busforever
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1065
Default Not Pitt style, but... T.O.?

I just read this interesting article from Pat Kirwan about contract possibilities with T.O. And i was wondering what our offense would look like with T.O.? Ward/T.O. would be a productive starting duo, and we could maintain Mike Wallace in the role he excelled last year. We could use T.O. to replace Santonio Holmes on our 3WR package, so Ward could work in the slot with solid guys on the sides.

I know, troubles followed with him in Frisco and Philly, and we don't need another distraction this season. But he was quiet in Buffalo... maybe he matured a little bit, especialy seeing no team wants to sign him... Anyway, i don't believe we'll sign him, but just imagine.

Oh, the article about contract posibilities (i don't know if a player would accept those kind of clauses, without any guaranty)
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...sal-could-work
Old 07-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #2
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679
Default Re: Not Pitt style, but... T.O.?

But that we could send this thread and it's idea into internet purgatory forever, I wouldn't waste a moment.

Commmeeeee ooonnnnnnn, I know we're at that odd part of the year right before training camp and preseason where there's really little of substance to talk about but----as far as prospective additions to the team go this is pretty low.
mikegrimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:19 PM   #3
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

No thanks, I want to see what Emmanuel Sanders has to offer.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

fvck emmanuel sanders
I'd want to see what Hank Baskett has to offer before wasting time with TO.
Old 07-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

T.O. Hmmmmmmmmmmm No and No and No.

NEXT
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
No thanks, I want to see what Emmanuel Sanders has to offer.
Me too but unfortunately our coach is soft and will have the mediocre Antwann What the Hell Randle El at #3 receiver no matter how good Emmanuel Sanders looks at camp or in preseason
Old 07-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

Don't sleep on Antonio Brown either.. that dude got some talent
Old 07-15-2010, 10:31 PM   #8
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

I was never a TO fan, but he wasn't as bad as was reported here in Dallas - all of this he hating Jason Witten, he getting Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton to conspire against Jason Garrett, he running bad routes, and alot of other junk was nothing but 3rd party he said/she said rumors(no matter how much they were "reported" at nauseum). From what I saw during the games, he, Witten, Garrett, and Romo got along just fine. Even Wade Phillips had nice things to say about him when all was said and done(unlike Parcells, I've always found Wade to be an honest, stand-up guy - not that I found anything wrong with Parcells' cold and calculating demeanor).

Also - our Dec meltdowns(outside of 2009) had nothing to do with his so-called "antics". We never played well in Dec because either the players themselves were not disciplined enough and/or the coaches(regardless of Parcells or Phillips) didn't do their jobs. Although somehow, the media and fans tried to pin it on TO from 2006-2008(in particular 2008) when there were many other goats like Terrence Newman, our safeties, defensive personnel missing assignments, poor OL play, Jason Garrett over-thinking himself, the whole 9 yards.

With that being said - as a PLAYER, TO is a bit overrated, and overhyped. He creates alot of havoc in open space, but he has problems with press coverage. Other than that, I never really found him that bad of a guy.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:29 PM   #9
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewman41 View Post
I was never a TO fan, but he wasn't as bad as was reported here in Dallas - all of this he hating Jason Witten, he getting Roy Williams and Patrick Crayton to conspire against Jason Garrett, he running bad routes, and alot of other junk was nothing but 3rd party he said/she said rumors(no matter how much they were "reported" at nauseum). From what I saw during the games, he, Witten, Garrett, and Romo got along just fine. Even Wade Phillips had nice things to say about him when all was said and done(unlike Parcells, I've always found Wade to be an honest, stand-up guy - not that I found anything wrong with Parcells' cold and calculating demeanor).

Also - our Dec meltdowns(outside of 2009) had nothing to do with his so-called "antics". We never played well in Dec because either the players themselves were not disciplined enough and/or the coaches(regardless of Parcells or Phillips) didn't do their jobs. Although somehow, the media and fans tried to pin it on TO from 2006-2008(in particular 2008) when there were many other goats like Terrence Newman, our safeties, defensive personnel missing assignments, poor OL play, Jason Garrett over-thinking himself, the whole 9 yards.

With that being said - as a PLAYER, TO is a bit overrated, and overhyped. He creates alot of havoc in open space, but he has problems with press coverage. Other than that, I never really found him that bad of a guy.

So how do you explain his compalining and moaning after a week 3 loss to the redskins in 2008? I remember he said something alone the lines of "they should have got the ball to me more" and an analyst added up the numbers to find out that 40% of the plays the cowboys ran were passes to TO, he caught less than half of the passes thrown his way.

Nobody ever questions his committment to the game or work ethics, which are both outstanding, hence why he is usually liked on whatever team he plays for. He's a tremendous athlete, probably the most physical WR in the league, although he does tend to drop passes, he has no problem getting open and imposing his way physically on defenses.

That said, accusing Tony Romo and Jason Wittesn of drawing up plays in their hotel together during road trips is pretty damn childish. He was worried that he wasn't going to be that "go to guy" in tight situations anymore and let his insecurities out for all to hear.
Or flipping his wig on his then QB Donovan McNabb during a blowout loss to the Steelers in 2004. That's ridiculous. One could site countless other deragatory or undermining remarks he made about McNabb in his short tenure with the team
Or accusing his then QB of being a homosexual, amongst other things with the 49ers. All of this stuff is not made up, not 3rd party hear-say, like TO would have you believe.

The media is not responsible for his character being under scrutiny. They have taken the ball and run with it, undoubtedly, and played up every angle they could, because that is the perverted nature of the media, but TO was the one supplying the quotes.

He's a drama queen, a prostitute with talent. There is no other explanation for his conspiracy theories and undermining comments.

How you can not at least, in some part, contribute Dallas's late season meltdowns on TO is baffling to me. Last year your boys looked quite good in December, until their oline got demolished against the vikings and the bottom fell out from your defense. You think in earnest the boys could have beaten the undefeated Saints with TO complaining about not seeing enough passes a game or accusing Jason Witten of trying to steal the spotlight from him?

I've said it before and I'll say it once more,
There's a reason TO has alreayd gone through 4 teams in his NFL career, and it's not for a lack of abilities.
He's easily one of the greatest WR of any time period. A talent like his should have never left his first team, or at least his second (if the first team let him get away or didn't dangle enough money). TO, the talent, is the kind of guy you want to always be on your team, like Larry Fitzgerald. Yet, he's been through 4 teams and will probably be 5 by September. Such travelling should be for adequate WRs who are needed in a pinch at the 3 or 4 spot on the depth chart. Not a could have been hall of famer like Owens.

It's his character and undermining history that keeps him moving. You could have argued that he didn't get a fair shake if he had stopped moving after San Fransisco---MAYBE even after the Eagles torpedoed him---yet after Dallas, there's no denying it. The guy is a problem. Jerry Jones buffonishly welcomed TO with a massive bucket of popcorn and relished in media attention and antics, but ended up regretting it later, when he dumped TO in a way that contrasted greatly with the way he welcomed him.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:02 AM   #10
SteelCurtain0815
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15238

I'm not going to throw you under the bus for bringing this up. ESPN just said that we are the best fit for TO. I wouldn't mind bringing him in and giving him a shot. The guy is a freak and given a good QB, he could perhaps get back to his old ways with the 9ers and Eagles. I hate the E.Sanders pick and could care less if he ever sees the field. However, I think Antonio Brown has a shot to be a good player on this team. TO could bring some much needed fire and swag to this team as well. Just my two cents.
SteelCurtain0815 is online now   Reply With Quote