Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 07-19-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
vrabinec
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8821
Thanked 1,186 Times in 620 Posts
My Mood: Buzzed
Default Couple points about the photos of Mini camp on the Steeler's web site

Looks like Urbik took some snaps at center:

www.steelers.clubs.nf l.com/video-and-audio/photo-gallery/2010-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Mini-Camp/e304adee-a260-4c2d-94be-47b3320c202b]http://prod.www.steelers.clubs.nf l.com/video-and-audio/photo-gallery/2010-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Mini-Camp/e304adee-a260-4c2d-94be-47b3320c202b

If Pouncey starts out at guard like they're saying he will, then this seems strange, unless of course there's a possibility that either Urbik or Pouncey bets out Hartwig this year. Either way, Legurski's toast. No need for him if we're carrying three guys who are taking snaps at center.

Looks like Pouncey got beat by Ziggy and then the coaches had a talk with him. It's just snapshots, but when you see a defensive lineman with that kind of seperation between him and the o-lineman, it means the o-lineman needs work on sliding his feet. Hope nobody was banking on Pouncey stepping right in and taking over at center or guard from day one.

Kugler, the new o-line coach, shows more animation in those pictures than I saw out of Zirlein in his three years here. I don't know if he'll be a better coach than Zirlein, but I like coaches who demonstrate what they're talking about instead of just telling the player.

Keenen Lewis doesn't look like he got any new muscle, he's a spindly as last year. That's not good for him. He needed a little thickness IMO. He's gonna have to tackle if he wants to beat out McFadden and Burnette.

Dwyer runs too upright. Running that straight up and down is gonna make him useless in short yardage situations.

p.s. In the pics of the off season workouts, Ramon Foster looks like he put on 50 pounds. I wonder if he knows he doesn't have a starting spot sewed up.

Last edited by vrabinec; 07-19-2010 at 12:45 PM.
vrabinec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #2
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019
Default Re: Couple points about the photos of Mini camp on the Steeler's web site

Woodley is on the sideline in one photo.. this must mean he's taken a step back fitness wise and is likely to lose his starting role to Worilds.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:29 PM   #3
vrabinec
Assistant Coach

Default Re: Couple points about the photos of Mini camp on the Steeler's web site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merchant View Post
Woodley is on the sideline in one photo.. this must mean he's taken a step back fitness wise and is likely to lose his starting role to Worilds.
Like I said, I know it's just snapshots. Almost time for the real thing.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248

forgot to mention how Frank Summers looks like a 14 year old boy with down syndrome.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
vrabinec
Assistant Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
forgot to mention how Frank Summers looks like a 14 year old boy with down syndrome.
I didn't notice that, but I did notice that Summers runs too high as well. He and Dwyer have the ball tucked in up high, and they give the opponent everything below the pecs as a target. I keep hoping to see a picture of one of them with the shoulders lowered, but I can't find one.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

its still very early and my money is on Pouncey beating out one of the guards and starting
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:15 PM   #7
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
lmao
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote