Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 07-21-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Countdown to camps: In AFC North, Pittsburgh face big void at the start

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is suspended for first six games for violating league's personal conduct policy, a disappointing mess for traditional powerhouse in one of NFL's toughest divisions.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-...,6363649.story
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491
Default Re: Countdown to camps: In AFC North, Pittsburgh face big void at the start

The Steelers will by far have a lot to overcome this season. If they can somehow get past everything with Ben missing first 6 games, Woodley not being happy with his contract and a secondary last year that was just plain horrible then maybe this team can make a playoff run.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: Countdown to camps: In AFC North, Pittsburgh face big void at the start

i can definatly see the steelers stepping up and winning the division, they seem to always play there best when everyone has counted them out. on the other hand i wouldnt be surprised if they got 3rd in the AFC north either
pete74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:29 PM   #4
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i can definatly see the steelers stepping up and winning the division, they seem to always play there best when everyone has counted them out. on the other hand i wouldnt be surprised if they got 3rd in the AFC north either
I don't think we will be 3rd this year. I expect 1st but if we slip early on then second. Everyone has the Raven's being the team but I think they have issues this year on Defense as the offense improves for them.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #5
NJ_Steelers24
Water Boy

Member Number: 16477

i think the steelers will finish 2nd in the division only because of these first six games but theres just something about cincy im not sold on i seriously believe we can take the wildcard and make a serious run in the playoffs
NJ_Steelers24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:10 PM   #6
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

First thing, Ben is out 4 games, not 6. And anyone thinking differently is stupid. We are NOT the same secondary as last year for two HUGE reasons. One, the best Safety that this league has seen in the past 50 years..( Yes, Troy in 5 times the player that Ronnie Lott ever was )...is back and healthy. And two, we re-acquired McFadden, who was a starter on TWO Super Bowl teams, and is better equated for our defense than the silly one ran in Arizona. We also got two key figures back in Foote, and Randel El. El played on a horrid Washington team with no offense. But he still averaged over 50 catches the past 3 years. He is a perfect slot WR who if you don't pay attention to, he will kill you. We have Aaron Smith back. Ziggy has a year under his belt now and knows our D, and will shine. Not to mention what I feel is the BIGGEST Steal in the draft in Jonathan Dwyer. His falling halfway past round 2 is ridiculous. Let alone round 6. If given 200 carries this season..( About 12 a game )..he will easily get 1000 Yds rushing for us, while Mendy gets anywhere from 1200 -1400, and Ben even with 12 games will toss for 3600 Yds +. So let the Morons underestimate us...AGAIN! In the end we will be the ones laughing at all of them.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ_Steelers24 View Post
i think the steelers will finish 2nd in the division only because of these first six games but theres just something about cincy im not sold on i seriously believe we can take the wildcard and make a serious run in the playoffs
our final 3 will be tough as well. we have the ravens, jets and the bengals. everyone seems to forget the bengals had the best cb duo last season and a great defense to go along with them.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:04 PM   #8
chitownpit
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16129

I believe if we had Ben for 16 games we definitly wouldnt be having this conversation.
But as things are, cinncy would really have to stumble out of the gates as
well as balt for us to win the division. But crazier things have happened.

I still believe we can win this divistion.Great defense,a power running game with Drywer,
to finish up games. Come on guys if we come out week 5 at 500 were fine.
Cinncy has alot of people on this forum thinking there going 14 and 2. This is not going
to happen folks.I just keep having trouble seeing the bungles being consestent again.
Maybe cause my blood runs black and gold? Whatever the case,we are not out of this
people. Even like earlier said ,a wild card berth sets up us a under dog. And this team
loves being left for dead.
chitownpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:12 PM   #9
chitownpit
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16129

Quote:
Originally Posted by scsteeler View Post
The Steelers will by far have a lot to overcome this season. If they can somehow get past everything with Ben missing first 6 games, Woodley not being happy with his contract and a secondary last year that was just plain horrible then maybe this team can make a playoff run.
WOW! Your killing me!
First off ben is gone 4 games!
Woody is going use this as fuel
for a huge contract!
And we dont even have that same
sick secondary as last year.
Come on buddy turn that frown upsidedown!
chitownpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:45 PM   #10
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

i think woodley is going to have a MVP year knowing he is playing for a huge contract