Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
SteelersGirlTN7
Starter
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Titan Land
Posts: 426
Member Number: 71
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Hasselbeck at the Pro Bowl ..

Hey Seattle fans ...

For any of you that are still hanging around here, and still whining about the refs-
(to any of you that are not, pay no attention to this LOL)

Did you see YOUR QB on the Pro Bowl ...???

He said they didnt do enough .. and didnt deserve to win.. THE PLAYERS are not blaming it on the refs.

I can't believe I'm posting this a WEEK after the Super Bowl ... I understand that officiating has been bad this year, however the Steelers WON that game by making the better, bigger plays.

Take a step back and look at not only the calls you refer to as being "bad calls" but ALSO the calls that don't support your arguments (ie, the should have been fumble but called incomplete pass, the illegal block in the back on Ben)

The bottom line- its not about the refs giving the game away, its about the Steelers winning the game, and becoming the champions of Superbowl XL WITHOUT an asterisk!


GO STEELERS!
SteelersGirlTN7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 07:07 PM   #2
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 3,701
Gender: Male
Member Number: 618
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hasselbeck at the Pro Bowl ..

anyone who is still arguing this issue is not going to give it up....
Look up super bowl XL and you will see that the steelers won 21-10
Big ben youngest qb ever to win the superbowl.
Hines Ward MVP
Willie Parker longest run in super bowl history
And thats about it.
Nothing about the refs......
Thank you......
STEELERS SUPER BOWL XL CHAMPS
__________________
Change Has Come To America
BIGBENFASTWILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #3
Rust-Buster
Draft Prospect
 
Rust-Buster's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bremerton Washington
Posts: 94
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1633
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hasselbeck at the Pro Bowl ..

Man, I hear you guys bringing up the issue more than anybody. Get over winning the superbowl. Geesh.
Rust-Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:29 AM   #4
Brady12
Team Captain
 
Brady12's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 877
Gender: Male
Member Number: 973
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hasselbeck at the Pro Bowl ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersGirlTN7
Hey Seattle fans ...

For any of you that are still hanging around here, and still whining about the refs-
(to any of you that are not, pay no attention to this LOL)

Did you see YOUR QB on the Pro Bowl ...???

He said they didnt do enough .. and didnt deserve to win.. THE PLAYERS are not blaming it on the refs.

I can't believe I'm posting this a WEEK after the Super Bowl ... I understand that officiating has been bad this year, however the Steelers WON that game by making the better, bigger plays.

Take a step back and look at not only the calls you refer to as being "bad calls" but ALSO the calls that don't support your arguments (ie, the should have been fumble but called incomplete pass, the illegal block in the back on Ben)

The bottom line- its not about the refs giving the game away, its about the Steelers winning the game, and becoming the champions of Superbowl XL WITHOUT an asterisk!


GO STEELERS!

Every super Bowl losing QB says that. Maybe not about the refs, but the first part.
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #5
VolatileMan
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 50
Member Number: 329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hasselbeck at the Pro Bowl ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust-Buster
Man, I hear you guys bringing up the issue more than anybody. Get over winning the superbowl. Geesh.
Are you kidding me? Get bent, a Superbowl win gives us a YEARS WORHT OF BRAGGING RIGHTS!

VolatileMan
VolatileMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
WeNowHave5
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 59
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1941
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hasselbeck at the Pro Bowl ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust-Buster
Man, I hear you guys bringing up the issue more than anybody. Get over winning the superbowl. Geesh.
yea, sure. Take another look at all the bitching still going on that seems to be making many seahawk fans sleepless in seattle

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/forum/....asp?boardID=3
WeNowHave5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 03:24 PM   #7
AustinSeahawk
Water Boy
 
AustinSeahawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14
Member Number: 1935
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hasselbeck at the Pro Bowl ..

Hasselbeck and the other Seahawks are doing the right thing by not going off about the officiating, and I'm proud of them for that. We all know that if they say ANYTHING about it, Steeler fans will load up the message boards with complaints of the Seahawks being crybabies. Look at how the Steeler faithful responded to Holmgren's comment.

The fans, however, are not held to the same standard as pro athletes, and obviously don't occupy the media spotlight. So, while I try to not to fill up your boards with complaints about the officiating, it's clearly an issue that will not go away anytime soon with NFL fans.

And by the way, while I do feel the officiating affected the game, I do feel sorry for all the Steelers who are constantly asked about it when making guest appearances. The last thing Hines Ward wants to answer is more questions about the Super Bowl officiating. I saw Steelers at the Pro Bowl being interviewed and asked about the officiating, and whether or not that "took away" anything from their victory. I don't think that's fair for the media to bring that up with them. It's not the Steelers' fault that the referee's made some questionable calls. It's your trophy, the players should be celebrating.
AustinSeahawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #8
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Hasselbeck at the Pro Bowl ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinSeahawk
Hasselbeck and the other Seahawks are doing the right thing by not going off about the officiating, and I'm proud of them for that. We all know that if they say ANYTHING about it, Steeler fans will load up the message boards with complaints of the Seahawks being crybabies. Look at how the Steeler faithful responded to Holmgren's comment.

The fans, however, are not held to the same standard as pro athletes, and obviously don't occupy the media spotlight. So, while I try to not to fill up your boards with complaints about the officiating, it's clearly an issue that will not go away anytime soon with NFL fans.

And by the way, while I do feel the officiating affected the game, I do feel sorry for all the Steelers who are constantly asked about it when making guest appearances. The last thing Hines Ward wants to answer is more questions about the Super Bowl officiating. I saw Steelers at the Pro Bowl being interviewed and asked about the officiating, and whether or not that "took away" anything from their victory. I don't think that's fair for the media to bring that up with them. It's not the Steelers' fault that the referee's made some questionable calls. It's your trophy, the players should be celebrating.
I agree about he media, whats a winning player suppose to say? Plus we won out right, so there is no need for our players to talk about it!
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:11 PM   #9
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter
 
43Hitman's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 5,571
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1251
Thanks: 2,341
Thanked 769 Times in 407 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Hasselbeck at the Pro Bowl ..

ATTENTION!!! I am so sick of this topic is makes me want to puke!


My fellow Steeler fans can we please all agree to drop this.... The results won't change..We don't have to defend ourselves so please stop. I don't mean to sound like an ass, but every day there is a new freaking topic about this..
__________________


"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:32 AM   #10
hardwork
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,467
Member Number: 342
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Hasselbeck at the Pro Bowl ..

Get used to it. We still hear about the tuck rule and that was 5 years ago.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts