Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-13-2006, 05:14 PM   #31
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,056 Times in 557 Posts
Default Re: Enjoy your Superbowl win. Colts will dominate next year.

Man, not another year where We have to hear our players pull the "no one expected us to do it" speech.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:29 PM   #32
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

The colts are regular season regular season champions who cant do anything in the playoffs.. the chargers and pats would concern me alot more than the colts in the post season.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #33
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

As long as both the Colts and Pats keep doin' what they're doin' (losing in the playoffs) I'm happy...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:42 PM   #34
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Colts will CHOKE as always. We never have failed to repeat at least once.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:35 PM   #35
blackngoldbaby
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1631

i think the colts r gonna struggle in the 2006 season if they loose edgerin james but its not 4 sure yet if hes gonna leave but if he does then they will become one demintional and they wont be able 2 do much against good d fences right now it does look like he will go but they dont know 4 sure but thats how i see it.
blackngoldbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #36
blackngoldbaby
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1631
Wink Re: Enjoy your Superbowl win. Colts will dominate next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947
Man, not another year where We have to hear our players pull the "no one expected us to do it" speech.
BUTT ITS ALWAYS GOOD 4 THE STEELERS 2 BE THE UNDERDOGS! I SAY LET THEM THINK THAT THE STEELERS CANT PULL OFF ANOTHER SUPERBOWL DOESNT BOTHER ME AND IT DOESNT BOTHER THE STEELERS! PLUS NONE OF THIS STUFF REALLY MATTERS ANY WAY EVERYONE WILL FIND OUT WHAT ALL THE TEAMS DO THIS SEASON!
blackngoldbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 01:57 AM   #37
patsdynasty
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1162

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947
^Dynasty is what the Lakers were in the 80's. The Celtics in the 60's, the Steelers in the 70's, the Packers in the 60's. This day and age everyone wants to appoint a team a dynasty after one or two freakin championships. The Pats are not a dynasty. The Cowboys were not a dynasty in the 90's. A true dynasty dominates at least an entire decade winning at least 4 rings. The cowboys were good from 90-95 but then sucked ass from 96-00. The Pats have a good situation now but if they do not win another one this decade, they are not a dynasty. The Lakers had a huge chance of creating a dynasty in the 2000's then Shaq and Kobe decided to be idiots and screwed that up.

I am hoping that Big Ben and Tom Brady become the next Bradshaw/Staubach. Two guys who are clutch, win big games and are young. I personally cant wait for the next 10 years to see how these guys develop against each other. Manning will be Manning but until he wins one, we'll have to wait. Carson is great, we'll see if the Bungals play better D. Either way, I look forward to seeing Big Ben and Tom Brady go at it for the next decade, and hope Ben ends up on top with 3 or 4 rings when its all said and done.....
There are many trains of thought regarding what constitutes a dynasty. If you want to restrict it to teams like the 60s Celtics that dominated for 10+ years I can understand that. But to turn around and annoint teams like the 80s Lakers and the 70s Steelers dynasties and still mantain the Pats are not, is just plain silly.

The 80s Lakers won one more ring than the Patriots have so far and shared the decade with the Celtics.

Three out of four IS a dynasty in the salary cap era. How many NFL teams have won 3 Superbowls since the advent of Free Agency and the Salary Cap.

In the last nine seasons, The Patriots have won 6 Division titles tied for one, made 7 Playoff appearances, have a 12-4 playoff record and have appeared in 4 Superbowls winning 3. If you don't think that's a dynasty, you are entitled to your opinion. But I think you are dead wrong.

And if you don't think Belichick and Brady will win at least one more before the decade is over you are seriously mistaken
patsdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 02:34 AM   #38
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

"Dynasty is what the Lakers were in the 80's. The Celtics in the 60's,"

I have to mention this. The '85/'86 Celtics team was the best team of that decade. They weren't as good as long perhaps as the Lakers, but that one Celtics team was the best Celtics team of all time. The great tragedy, though, was that the Lakers didn't make the finals that year. When they, the Lakers, were knocked out of the playoffs it took Bird and Walton several days to recover. They had worked all season with one goal in mind. Beat the Lakers in the playoffs. We all got robbed of what might have been the greatest finals in the history of basketball.

Last edited by hardwork; 02-14-2006 at 02:37 AM.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:12 AM   #39
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

If I,m not mistaken weren't they favored to win the SB this year? If they loose James and maybe one of there WR's they are done. Just goes to show. You can't always go by what the "experts" say. Thats why they play the games.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:33 AM   #40
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsdynasty
At least that's what the fools at ESPN think.

All the Patriots were out with injuries this year. So I decided to skip the Pro Bowl and watch some BBall instead. Both games started at the same time, so I was flipping channels while waiting for the game to start. Unfortunately, I stumbled across the ESPN Pro Bowl Pregame Show and briefly thought I might watch a little bit of the game. Fifteen seconds later I was fighting an intense urge to puke my guts out.

They billed the Colts as "clearly the team to beat next year." Is there some sort of idiot contest going on here?! What's "clear" to anyone capable of rational though, is that Pittsburg, New England and even San Diego are all better than the Colts. And that's just the AFC.

The only difference with the Colts latest choke job is they didn't even manage to win one playoff game this year- probably because they didn't have Denver to beat up on.

The Colts remind me of the current Yankees. All the offense money can buy. The patch together 90-100 wins against bottom feeders and mediocre teams in the regular season. The playoffs come around, they have to face teams that actually have pitching and they fold. Fact is, they never should have been there to begin with. They were built for the regular season.

The Colts are the football equivalent of the Yankees. They are soft, gutless whining chokers. To compare them to real football teams like the Steelers and Pats is a disgrace.

It's time time for all the Manning ballwashers to stop disrespecting the real teams and the game of football with their BS. If they want to be in love with the Colts, fine. While they are on-air I expect objective analysis. Enough is enough.

Even a monkey will stop touching a hot stove after 2-3 times of being burned. Sadly and incredibly, these guys are acually less intelligent than monkeys.

Anyway, enjoy your Superbowl win guys. Very impressive run this year. Never thought I'd see Cowher win a SB. Congrats.
I still remember that Monday night when the Colts beat the Pats after the game how mr expert Ron Jaworski clearly stated on that bottom column, "Colts Will Win Super Bowl" and I laughed my ass off once again. Thats why you never believe what these guys say since half of the time they have no idea of what they are talking about, including woodrow paige and skip bayless.

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote