Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 05-22-2006, 02:58 PM   #61
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Enjoy your Superbowl win. Colts will dominate next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsdynasty
At least that's what the fools at ESPN think.

All the Patriots were out with injuries this year. So I decided to skip the Pro Bowl and watch some BBall instead. Both games started at the same time, so I was flipping channels while waiting for the game to start. Unfortunately, I stumbled across the ESPN Pro Bowl Pregame Show and briefly thought I might watch a little bit of the game. Fifteen seconds later I was fighting an intense urge to puke my guts out.

They billed the Colts as "clearly the team to beat next year." Is there some sort of idiot contest going on here?! What's "clear" to anyone capable of rational though, is that Pittsburg, New England and even San Diego are all better than the Colts. And that's just the AFC.

The only difference with the Colts latest choke job is they didn't even manage to win one playoff game this year- probably because they didn't have Denver to beat up on.

The Colts remind me of the current Yankees. All the offense money can buy. The patch together 90-100 wins against bottom feeders and mediocre teams in the regular season. The playoffs come around, they have to face teams that actually have pitching and they fold. Fact is, they never should have been there to begin with. They were built for the regular season.

The Colts are the football equivalent of the Yankees. They are soft, gutless whining chokers. To compare them to real football teams like the Steelers and Pats is a disgrace.

It's time time for all the Manning ballwashers to stop disrespecting the real teams and the game of football with their BS. If they want to be in love with the Colts, fine. While they are on-air I expect objective analysis. Enough is enough.

Even a monkey will stop touching a hot stove after 2-3 times of being burned. Sadly and incredibly, these guys are acually less intelligent than monkeys.

Anyway, enjoy your Superbowl win guys. Very impressive run this year. Never thought I'd see Cowher win a SB. Congrats.
The Fools at ESPN will be slapped REALLLLL HARD to see if the teams that have pretty much dominated it(Patriots and the Steelers) take either a this years Lamar Hunt or B Lamar and Vince Lombardi. The Colts can't win the big one in the post season. It's just a Coors Light Cold Hard Fact.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:51 AM   #62
burgsville
Water Boy

Member Number: 2351

Who is this dude ?? The Burg should be ranked right up there. Injuries always play a role in sports. We had ours last year and bounced back late in the season. All other teams,including the Pats and Colts, COME GET SOME !!!!!
burgsville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 07:52 AM   #63
sheba

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsdynasty
At least that's what the fools at ESPN think.

All the Patriots were out with injuries this year. So I decided to skip the Pro Bowl and watch some BBall instead. Both games started at the same time, so I was flipping channels while waiting for the game to start. Unfortunately, I stumbled across the ESPN Pro Bowl Pregame Show and briefly thought I might watch a little bit of the game. Fifteen seconds later I was fighting an intense urge to puke my guts out.

They billed the Colts as "clearly the team to beat next year." Is there some sort of idiot contest going on here?! What's "clear" to anyone capable of rational though, is that Pittsburg, New England and even San Diego are all better than the Colts. And that's just the AFC.

The only difference with the Colts latest choke job is they didn't even manage to win one playoff game this year- probably because they didn't have Denver to beat up on.

The Colts remind me of the current Yankees. All the offense money can buy. The patch together 90-100 wins against bottom feeders and mediocre teams in the regular season. The playoffs come around, they have to face teams that actually have pitching and they fold. Fact is, they never should have been there to begin with. They were built for the regular season.

The Colts are the football equivalent of the Yankees. They are soft, gutless whining chokers. To compare them to real football teams like the Steelers and Pats is a disgrace.

It's time time for all the Manning ballwashers to stop disrespecting the real teams and the game of football with their BS. If they want to be in love with the Colts, fine. While they are on-air I expect objective analysis. Enough is enough.

Even a monkey will stop touching a hot stove after 2-3 times of being burned. Sadly and incredibly, these guys are acually less intelligent than monkeys.

Anyway, enjoy your Superbowl win guys. Very impressive run this year. Never thought I'd see Cowher win a SB. Congrats.
They might but with out Edge it will be hard.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:49 PM   #64
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheba
They might but with out Edge it will be hard.
With out Edge it will be hardER

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:29 PM   #65
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

This guy Banks from SI definitely has his head up his ass. I think we have been hearing this s h i t now for the last five years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...lts/index.html
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:29 PM   #66
Joey Porter #55
Water Boy

Member Number: 2369

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA
This guy Banks from SI definitely has his head up his ass. I think we have been hearing this s h i t now for the last five years.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...lts/index.html
What the hell?These *BLEEP*holes don't even know football. Yeah, just because payton manning is 99 overall in that madden 2006 you just bought your son DOESN'T MEAN HE IS THE BEST! Get real facts!He is overated, and the only reason he has those stats is because his bitch, marvin anderson, is diving and spinning his head off to catch errant throws!Oh man you have your head up there now!

Last edited by Joey Porter #55; 05-30-2006 at 04:32 PM.
Joey Porter #55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #67
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Porter #55
What the hell?These *BLEEP*holes don't even know football. Yeah, just because payton manning is 99 overall in that madden 2006 you just bought your son DOESN'T MEAN HE IS THE BEST! Get real facts!He is overated, and the only reason he has those stats is because his bitch, marvin anderson, is diving and spinning his head off to catch errant throws!Oh man you have your head up there now!
Who is Marvin Anderson?

Im sure I would have heard of a guy who was capable of 'spinning his head off'.

Another Colts receiver - Marvin Harrison - is an excellent player though.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:55 PM   #68
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

I think he got excited with the Marvin Anderson thing unless he is like 3 or 4 string wr i dont know about

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:02 PM   #69
Joey Porter #55
Water Boy

Member Number: 2369

Yeah, I meant marvin harison but I couldn't remember the name, and when I heard this on the news: 'And now, patricia anderson' I thought that was it.
And I got excited because this doofas thinks that the colts WILL win it just because the red sox came back from and previous loss, and the steelers came back from a last-game playoff loss.
Joey Porter #55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:27 PM   #70
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

The Colts had their one shot this year while they still had a team salary that was smaller than the GDP of the nation of Chad. The cap ate them up and spit them out...they'll still be a good football team next year, but won't be representing the AFC in the SB.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote