Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 02-13-2006, 04:47 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,935 Times in 3,400 Posts
Default Re: This off season is going to be interesting..Can we sign a good player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
I do like this idea, all the Jamal Lewis garbage, forget it!
i like von oelhoffen and keisel. if its not broke dont fix it, but 2 things i heard the steelers needed ALL year were a stretch the field big receiver, and a de who could get after the qb. of course these cries were the loudest when we were around 7-5 and what we REALLY needed was a healthy big ben. that being said vanden bosch is the typical type of free agent aquisition the steelers usually make. a player that alot of people say "who?". kind of like when we signed von oelhoffen or j. hartings. he is not a big name high profile name and he played for the league minimum last year so any payraise is gonna be pretty significant for him. do i think the steelers NEED to go in this direction? no, and they probably wont but i bet you they give him a look to see if him or keisel will demand the same amount of $$$$. if so the steelers have a dificult decision to make. he is the type of players the steelers like to look at just to see if they can get a hell of a deal on someone who will produce and be a fixture for 5-7 years on a long term deal. but as stlrs4life said, he will be on alot of teams radar after his #'s this year and yesterdays preformance. as for jon abraham youre looking at 2 ends who are likely to have about the same numbers, give or take a few sacks. one will be about twice as much as the other and steelers will always try to find the bargain.

a deal with a player like vanden bosch will probably be the biggest splash the steelers would even think of making in this off season.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:35 PM   #12
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: This off season is going to be interesting..Can we sign a good player.

Vanden Bosch, again, is a 4-3 DE. He's a little too big to play OLB, and a little too small as a 3-4 DE. He's listed at 278, but he looks smaller than that to me. Either way, I'd hate to ask the guy to gain weight and have him lose that quick first step.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #13
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,935 Times in 3,400 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Vanden Bosch, again, is a 4-3 DE. He's a little too big to play OLB, and a little too small as a 3-4 DE. He's listed at 278, but he looks smaller than that to me. Either way, I'd hate to ask the guy to gain weight and have him lose that quick first step.
good point. as stated im happy with keisel an von oelhoffen and whatever youngster we may draft. the point with vanden bosch is if we do pick up any free agents it will not be anyone everybody "ooohs" and "ahhhhs" over. kinda like cedric wilson last year.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:54 AM   #14
BigBenFan4ever
Water Boy

Member Number: 1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoondog
you were the one that brought up this topic, one would think you would have that ready for us
I wish i had one I have searched everywhere I think they are waiting until March 2nd to release a list.
BigBenFan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 04:18 PM   #15
neohiobill
Water Boy

Member Number: 1992

i don't anticipate much action in the fa market,, aside from signing our own and all won't get done. we are a team built via the draft and content with keeping key players that are known in the system. i'm curious as to how we are going to deal with hartings and his salary and the center position. is chukkey okobi the answer? i'm not sure,,, go steelers,,
neohiobill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:46 PM   #16
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeNowHave5
how about the Ravens big back Jamaal Lewis to replace Bettis?

No thanks...his reputation and attitude preceeds him way to much to ever become a Steeler
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 03:53 AM   #17
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

news flash from FoxSports on Vanden Bosch....hes close to coming to terms on a 4yr deal..http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5335310

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 07:22 AM   #18
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
k. vanden bosch d.e. from tenn.
He wouldnt fit in our system as a starter but a good pickup would be a low cost pass rushing DE on nickel and dime situations and try to resign kiesel and von oelhoffen. This offseason is going to be hard since we are losing many role players in the defense but we also have to see on the CBA if an agreement is reached or else well have a capless season and the whole league will get f'ed up.

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 09:46 PM   #19
pittsburgh$teelersfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1466

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947
If I had a choice, i would prefer to sign all of our important free agents and draft well. Main free agents being El, Ike, Hope, townsend....

agree I really hope that we resign hope, el, and ike taylor.The one person I really want back is ike taylor.
pittsburgh$teelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote