Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > Fantasy Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-19-2006, 11:39 PM   #21
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: Calling all NASCAR fans!!!

I don't think this race could have went much worse for me. Tony Stewart is a POS, and is now my most hated driver. How is he gonna complain about bumping and then go and take out half the field. What he did to Kenseth was BS... not to mention how he went into Gordon.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:52 AM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,207 Times in 2,670 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
I don't think this race could have went much worse for me. Tony Stewart is a POS, and is now my most hated driver. How is he gonna complain about bumping and then go and take out half the field. What he did to Kenseth was BS... not to mention how he went into Gordon.
stewart jobbed kenseth big time. he gets the major ass award of the day. especially for being such a hypocrite and complaining about agressive driving then going out and getting the 1st penalty.

but the incident with gordon i have to place on jeff. he has a bad habit of cutting people off with less than an inch to spare and if he gets touched he says they shouldve lifted or it was too early in the race to be driving that hard. you dont lift at restrictor plates unless you want to go backwards and some drivers race hard every lap (like gordon) i blame gordon for forgetting that he pulled up infont of stewart last year at a short track (darlington or martinsville maybe) and got the wall treatment. memo to gordon: dont cut in front of stewart and expect him to give you any breaks. thats what you have 3 team mates out there for. i dont think the other 39 drivers owe him anything. and no one wants to cut him slack unless theyre all just looking to be ushers to his 5th cup. but he did take a huge step and accept half the blame. and stewart diplomatically said gordon deserved no blame (that story woulda been different if it were his car knocked out of contention) anyways gordon is experienced enough to know better to try and pull off a move like that around stewart.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:11 AM   #23
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest

but the incident with gordon i have to place on jeff. he has a bad habit of cutting people off with less than an inch to spare and if he gets touched he says they shouldve lifted or it was too early in the race to be driving that hard. you dont lift at restrictor plates unless you want to go backwards and some drivers race hard every lap (like gordon) i blame gordon for forgetting that he pulled up infont of stewart last year at a short track (darlington or martinsville maybe) and got the wall treatment. memo to gordon: dont cut in front of stewart and expect him to give you any breaks. thats what you have 3 team mates out there for. i dont think the other 39 drivers owe him anything. and no one wants to cut him slack unless theyre all just looking to be ushers to his 5th cup. but he did take a huge step and accept half the blame. and stewart diplomatically said gordon deserved no blame (that story woulda been different if it were his car knocked out of contention) anyways gordon is experienced enough to know better to try and pull off a move like that around stewart.
Only Hendrick haters use this argument, and they NEVER apply it equally. The fact was, Stewart got loose and drifted up the track...Gordon shot below him then also got loose. When Gordon rolled up the track, Stewart had two choices: Concede the position and roll in behind Jeff or don't and risk a wreck...the fact that Stewart himself just a half second earlier got loose at the same place on the track should tell him that Gordon wasn't being aggressive. Gordon made the right call by saying that both shared blame, and Stewart acted like a petulant child and blamed it all on Jeff. Since everybody hates Gordon, that works for most...it's complete bullshit, but all the haters don't care.

Now when he basically just ran Kenseth off the track, he ALSO placed all the blame on Matt, but people don't hate Kenseth so they were a little more sympatheitic to his plight. If that had been the 24 he drove off the track, people'd be saying Jeff deserved to be wrecked because he made slight contact with the 20 earlier...

I don't hate Tony Stewart, but he will get his...a Championship does not translate into a free pass to just start booting other cars out of your way...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #24
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Only Hendrick haters use this argument, and they NEVER apply it equally. ...
riiiiiiiight. just like only hendrick haters will come out and say knaus got busted cheating, while hendrick fans wear blinders and will deny it till the very end. did you happen to catch jimmy johnson being interviewed on spotscenter and admitt "WE got caught cheating"? i doubt it cause you obviously missed the post race interview where stewart said gordon deserved no blame for the incident that took place between the 2.

for you to go on how stewart is blaming gordon 100% is a completely inaccurate piece of misinformation. pretty bogus.

anyways gordon is a seasoned vet and should know by now who he can and cant run with on the track.

http://www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/9249378/2

"The thing with Jeff, I don't think it was his fault," Stewart said. "I think he just got a spot up there where it was wet and he pushed, got into me and we both pushed into the wall. I wasn't complaining about that by any means. It was a wild day for sure."

Last edited by tony hipchest; 02-20-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:04 AM   #25
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Fine and well...however, that was NOT his response after the contact and during the race.

I came out and clearly stated that Knaus was cheating after I found out what he did...I just don't really care...and that goes for any team.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 07:56 PM   #26
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
6th after race one. Gordon getting the shit banged out him by Stewart and then later contact from Busch ruined my chances at brilliance this week. Why? I had Ken Schrader as my C driver, and he finished 9th.
I'm right behind ya so don't make any sudden stops. How boneheaded of a move did I make when I activated Jeff instead of Jimmie? I didn't think Jimmie could do it w/o Knaus. I'm glad I was wrong...(lol). Overall, I'm happy being in the middle of the pack since this is my first fantasy league.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 09:17 PM   #27
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

I won't be able to watch any of the races this year...Back in the land of sand...I'll catch highlights from Stars & Stripe.....I hope Jr and Gordon bounce back from last year...its going to be a good year....God Bless everybody.....

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 05:01 PM   #28
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
I won't be able to watch any of the races this year...Back in the land of sand...I'll catch highlights from Stars & Stripe.....I hope Jr and Gordon bounce back from last year...its going to be a good year....God Bless everybody.....
Awww... That's a bummer, Dieselman. Please be careful and stay safe. We don't want anything happening to you!

Stay in touch here when you can.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 06:58 PM   #29
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
You did pretty good in week one... you were only 18 points shy of the highest score in the nation.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:18 PM   #30
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB2W
You did pretty good in week one... you were only 18 points shy of the highest score in the nation.
i cant believe out of all the players no one in the nation picked r. newman and jj. seemed like all 10,000+ leaders all picked jj, dale jr. saddler, and, schrader.

felix sabates vowed to shave his head and field a car in the indy 500 if casey mears wouldve won. i wonder if he was pissed or breathed a sigh of relief?