Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,082 Times in 4,584 Posts
Default Re: c. knaus banned from all daytona 500 activities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
More likely, Penske is trying to manipulate NASCAR and Hendrick into firing Knaus so Penske can sign him. It's the most competitive sport out there, and it sometimes seeps off the track.

I, for one, welcome the COT, because I want to see all the drivers in the exact same equipment with the exact same set-ups. That way the best pure drivers win, and the rest of the bullshit flies out the window.
well i cant see penske wanting to fire l. carter or m. borland for the likes of knaus. or baby huey loomis. the penske manipulation angle is funny though. after all this is kenny commenting on insider info that team penske (co-owned by rusty) wouldve fired berrier after his stunts last season. notice how team penske has never been fined or suspended for as many rules infractions as the #48 team?

but the iroc formula would be interresting to watch played out for a full season/ 43 drivers / 36 races

Last edited by tony hipchest; 02-14-2006 at 09:13 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 09:13 PM   #22
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

You need to read up a bit on Chad Knaus...he is THE hot chief in NASCAR right now. He's got the pedigree (Evernham and Gordon), and the money (Hendrick), and I'd be willing to wager without looking it up that Jimmie Johnson has been more consistent over the last 3 years than any other driver, despite not winning the cup.

In this day and age, "cheating" may gain you a spot here and a spot there, but if everything else isn't in place you won't win or be competitive.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 10:54 AM   #23
tony hipchest
Supporter

http://www.sportsline.com/autoracing/story/9231795

actually i read this nice little piece on him just yesterday. i can say knaus and jimmie probably have some of the best ch3emistry in the garage, and hes got great communication skills. (except for when hes cursing on live tv) one of the great things about nascar is the meshing of personalities. its trully a team sport. success with one team doesnt always translate to success with another. that being said i'll stick with newman and borland and let jimmie have knaus. i dont even take their restrictor plate success into account.

ever since dale sr. said bill france was rolling over in his grave cause 4 fords finished in the top 5 of the daytona 500, chevy will always have the edge. regardless of driver or crewchief.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:20 PM   #24
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

If you like qualifying well, then Borland and Newman are your guys, but winning races is what it's all about.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:13 PM   #25
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
If you like qualifying well, then Borland and Newman are your guys, but winning races is what it's all about.
this sounds like what i heard from patfans regarding the steelers great regular seasons in recent years. youre not suggesting now that good ol rusty is retired i hop onto jimmie (the winningest driver around) johnsons bandwaggon are you? sometimes its about team loyalty and not winning at all controversial costs.

if i was going bandwaggon hopping id have to say carl edwards is a much more likeable character than jimmie and he has actually won something that matters (an actual nascar sanctioned championship) other than motocross trophies. newman has won a few races too and if all were put in equal equipment with equal crews and $$$$ i think newman has more car control, insight to the workings of the vehicle, and is an all around better driver.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #26
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
youre not suggesting now that good ol rusty is retired i hop onto jimmie (the winningest driver around) johnsons bandwaggon are you?.
Jimmie doesn't need you as a fan, tony, but you seemed to be having fun in the teletubbies thread! Enjoy!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 02:40 PM   #27
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
Jimmie doesn't need you as a fan, tony, but you seemed to be having fun in the teletubbies thread! Enjoy!
hey! 2 out 4 telletubbies and any of the members of the WIGGLES could beat up those sesame street characters hendrick has driving for him. lol

but yes, i do think the poor, hated, misunderstood, jimmy spencer punching bag named kurt bush needs all the fan support he can get moreso than jimmie johnson. aint i a nice guy, always looking out for those in need?
Old 02-15-2006, 04:22 PM   #28
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
this sounds like what i heard from patfans regarding the steelers great regular seasons in recent years. youre not suggesting now that good ol rusty is retired i hop onto jimmie
Nope...I'm a Gordon fan and could care less either way...You know, ROBBIE Gordon could use some fans.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:40 PM   #29
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Nope...I'm a Gordon fan and could care less either way...You know, ROBBIE Gordon could use some fans.
i think we both can agree jeffs brother is a complete idiot really though i dont know wats worse, rooting for him or k. busch
Old 02-15-2006, 10:32 PM   #30
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Wow, tony, you sound more like Crusty with every post I read. Wah!

While I'm enjoying watching that hottie Jimmie racin' this year, you'll be watching Crusty w/his TV makeup on sitting behind a desk...(lol). Have fun with that! LOL
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote