Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-14-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070
Default Steelers ONLY 2006 Mock draft

#32 Nick Mangold - Center - Ohio State
6'-4" - 290lbs.

Mangold moved into the starting lineup as a sophomore when Alex Stepanovich went down with an injury, and has not seen the bench since then. He started the final 11 games that year, and has been twice named to the All Big 10 2nd team since.

There aren't too many centers that can move like Mangold. He has very good athleticism, can get out and pull, and blocks well on the move. He is a technician that rarely gets himself out of position. He gets out of his stance quickly and sets up immediately. He's tough and will not back down from anyone. His athletic skills give him the ability to play guard as well.

Mangold lacks the ideal size and strength to play center in the NFL. He has the frame to add more weight, and will have to do so to succeed in the NFL. He is on the lean side, and that combination of a lack of size and strength will give him fits in the league. He puts himself in great position but often loses out to bigger tackles because of his inability to drive them off the line.

As it stands now, Mangold lacks the power at the point of attack to play for any team. He may only fit in certain schemes unless he shows he can add the extra weight and maintain it. Either way Mangold grades out as a very good center prospect and could hear his name called on Day One.

#64 Kamerion Wimbley - DE - Florida State
6'-4" - 255lbs.

Kamerion Wimbley is the latest in the line of premier rush ends to play for the Seminoles in the last decade. He was only a spot starter his first three seasons at Florida St. but he took his play up to a whole new level as a senior in 2005. In just 10 games, he had 7.5 sacks to go along with 24 tackles, with 10.5 of those coming behind the line of scrimmage.

Wimbley has as much pass rush potential as any player in this draft. He combines excellent athleticism, with great game speed and quickness. He shows an impressive burst on the line, the ability to change direction with ease, and the closing speed to close on the ball. With a lot of teams moving to a 3-4 defense, he brings a lot of value as an OLB in that scheme, and has all the talent in the world to be a difference maker in that role.

Defensive end is where Wimbley has played, but he is not big enough to play there on a consistent basis in the NFL. He lacks the bulk and strength to match up with NFL lineman off the snap. His best fit is as a 3-4 OLB, but if he makes that move, he?s moving to a completely different position. He also relies on his physical talent too much to make plays. Wimbley will need time to fully develop at the next level.

Wimbley has major potential as a pass rusher. He also brings a lot of bust potential because he is so raw. He brings the versatility to play end in the 4-3, and linebacker in a 3-4, but in either role he will have some problems. If a team is patient with him, they could have a major playmaker on their hands. With his physical gifts, Wimbley could really rise as the draft approaches.

#96 Joseph Addai - RB - LSU
6'-0" - 214lbs.

Joseph Addai has been a versatile and valuable member of LSU?s offense during his entire career. He has improved every year in college. As a freshman, he ran for 438 yards and four touchdowns. During his sophomore campaign, he picked up 521 yards and two touchdowns. His best all around season came as a junior, where he ran for 680 yards and three touchdowns and added 294 yards and four touchdowns on 26 catches out of the backfield. His best rushing season came this season, as he has rushed for 781 yards and eight touchdowns.

Addai is a very well rounded running back. He has solid size, and is tough to bring down. He runs tough between the tackles, and continues to fight for extra yardage. He also has good enough speed to get to the outside and turn it up field. Addai?s best asset may be his versatility though, as he also displays excellent hands out of the backfield.

Addai does not have any explosive qualities about him. He is a good interior runner, but is not a bruiser because he lacks the size to consistently deliver punishment. He also lacks the wiggle to make people miss in the open field, and probably won?t break off too many big runs at the next level. It may be due to the talent in LSU?s backfield, but he?s also never had to carry the load in the backfield.

Joseph Addai will be on a lot of people?s sleeper lists for the 2006 draft. He?s got talent, but hasn?t put up the awesome numbers because he?s shared the load for his entire career. He could surprise at the next level and be a very solid back that consistently puts up good numbers. He lacks the big play quality and will not create much on his own, but he should be able to find a home in the NFL. At worst, he could be a good backup for an NFL team because of his receiving skills. Addai will probably hear his name called in the early portion of Day Two.

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin

Last edited by drizze99; 02-14-2006 at 11:36 AM.
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:05 AM   #2
doggfather69
Water Boy

Member Number: 240
Default Re: Steelers ONLY 2006 Mock draft

Thats good and all but where is the info on these guys? Can't judge a book by the pictures... Well If its a playboy I guess you can but not a football mag.
doggfather69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 11:39 AM   #3
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

Wimbley looks like Zo all over again, I'd rather them draft an OLB instead of trying take a DE and make him an OLB.
Old 02-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #4
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggfather69
Thats good and all but where is the info on these guys? Can't judge a book by the pictures... Well If its a playboy I guess you can but not a football mag.
Sorry! Someone was coming over to my desk at work, so I had to hurry up and hit submit before I was finished, LOL.

I also replaced the RB. Obviously (IMO) the best 'big' back in the draft is LenDale White, but he'll go early (#13 Ravens probably).

The new trend in the NFL is to have 'Thunder & Lightening' in the backfield. We already have Lightening, so we need to address the Thunder part. Addai is a nice prospect for that. He is quick for a bigger guy (4.4) and if we get him to pack on 10-15lbs of muscle, he'll be a force IMO.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
Wimbley looks like Zo all over again, I'd rather them draft an OLB instead of trying take a DE and make him an OLB.
I had a feeling that this was going to be brought up. I don't want the Steelers to convert this kid. I want them to mold him into a Jevon Kearse. 10-15lbs of muscle will do the kid good. He has the speed and height.

Old 02-14-2006, 12:26 PM   #6
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

The steelers aren't gonna change their whole defensive scheme on a draft pick (prolly the same reason they passed on Jevon Kearse in that year's draft). They need 3-4 ends, not 4-3.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:33 PM   #7
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestbank Tiger
Dammit....Mangold looks like a metro.

But I sure ain't gonna say so to his face.
LOL, A metro! Thats funny!
Old 02-14-2006, 04:49 PM   #8
Milkman
Starter

Member Number: 1055

Mangold is a Centerville Elk! That's good enough for me!

Us against the world...STILL!
Bring it suckas!
Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:26 PM   #9
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I'd rather see Nance in Rd 2 (it's a luxury if ARE stays and necessity if he leaves) and Cedric Humes in #3. But it's too early form mocks...FA is the thing now, and it may be pushed back a month so the NFL can get their bargaining agreement in place.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 07:11 PM   #10
SteelersNation7
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 466

Addai I forgot about him entering the draft, living in SEC country I've got a chance to see him run alot and he's a tough, powerful runner....he would be a perfect fit for our style football.
SteelersNation7 is offline   Reply With Quote