Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-29-2005, 09:37 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default 102 online !!

Currently Active Users: 104 (2 members and 102 guests)

Gotta love search engines and hosting company testers !!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:53 PM   #2
HinesWard4Life8682
Starter

Member Number: 323
Default Re: 102 online !!

it shows this site is gettin popular and more and more used, i seee alot more users joining
Old 03-30-2005, 10:01 AM   #3
SteelersFever
Founder

Member Number: 1

A few months ago there were 462 users online! At least the search engines are indexing everything. LOL.

During the regular season we should definitely see in increase in membership. The average is 30,000 unique visitors monthly to the web site during the regular season. Which isn't too bad considering I just upgraded to a paid host and purchased the SF domain last year. We should see a steady rise in unique visitors next season though.

Now, the bad news. During the offseason the web site only receives 10,000 unique visitors monthly. So, that explains the lack of new membership. :(

I should start an advertising campaign. I have a lot of great ideas to bring in more members, but not a lot of money! I spent the money earned from SF to purchase this forum, have contests, and to renew the hosting plan.

I hate asking for donations. But, if anybody has a few extra bucks to spare to help donate for this expensive endeavor it would be greatly appreciated. I would create a paypal account for easy transactions. Let me know your thoughts and what you would want out of it.

Last edited by SteelersFever; 03-30-2005 at 11:38 AM.
SteelersFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:46 AM   #4
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

adding donations as part of a forum can be a touchy subject.. many feel that forums should be free and they should not have to pay for info and they feel insulted to be asked to give money. others will freely donate no questions asked becuz they believe in the site and want to help out. And sometimes people wanna ask where the money goes and how its being spent. I was part of a forum that allowed donations, but wasnt required of course. then 1 day somebody asked to see where the funds went too, and the site was run terribly to begin with and it ended up causing a total collapse and end to the site.

That being said, I will donate what I can to help out the site. I may not be all that much, but I'll give what I can.

As long as members dont feel obligated to do so, or the members that do give dont feel like they are more important than the ones that don't, we'd be ok.

Just my .02
Old 03-30-2005, 12:06 PM   #5
SteelersFever
Founder

The SF Forums will always be FREE! In no way should any current or future member feel obligated to donate. All money received through donations will go directly back into keeping the SF Forums active and growing. For the skeptical, proof will be provided. You'll see your donation at work. So donate with confidence! And as always, nobody will be "above the law".
Old 03-30-2005, 06:09 PM   #6
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

How about a Steelers Fever T-shirt, all proceed go to keep the forum up and running. I`ve looked at shirts for my own club, and it would be easy to turn a descent profit quickly. I think you could get some of us interested, Just a thought. i LOOKED AT SOME PLACES THAT WANT ON AVERAGE $6.50 a shirt, thats a white shirt with black print, additional colors little ex. Sell for $15 plus ship. You can`t but a nice Steelers shirt on line for less than $15
Old 03-31-2005, 08:37 AM   #7
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

rock on mike...thats the way to do it.. do we get one of those neato Contributor tags w/ our username too!
Old 03-31-2005, 01:52 PM   #8
SteelersFever
Founder

I have an account setup at www.cafepress.com to sell t-shirts. The problem is I haven't created a design for it. I want it to be BEAUTIFUL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
rock on mike...thats the way to do it.. do we get one of those neato Contributor tags w/ our username too!
Sure, why not? Anyone who purchases an SF t-shirt or donates via paypal will receive a cool contributor badge and maybe access to other cool features! Woooooohoooooo!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 02:16 PM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I`m sure you can ask for ideas for a design. Jerseys gone so I guess we won`t get his input.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:46 PM   #10
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

wasnt SF running a contest awhile back for something similar to this? anywho, im sure if we put our collective heads together we can come up w/ something cool for ya, if you want us to !