Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-07-2010, 09:11 AM   #1
chewbacka
Banned

Member Number: 16536
Default Levy Admits Blown Calls

Finally the Levy apology and admition of guilt comes - but of course I suspect its only because he's in the presence of Seahawks. That said I'm gonna take every initiative I can to spread that apology nation wide and especially to those ****y Steelers fans that never acknowledged the officiating was beyond horrid.

And for all of you that were on the fence about it (which I can't imagine why anyone with a brain would be) here is finally all the redemption the Hawks will get unfortunatley. Some have said after that game like the standard things when calls don't go your way like: "if they had done their job good enough (the Hawks) then it wouldnt have mattered" but this super bowls situation was nothing like that and those type of comments had no place. For it wasn't that the Hawks were less than prepared, or just needed a close call to go their way.
No, this was a case where immensely insane calls were made on things not even close to penalties, almost as if they made up new rules while the game progressed.

Thats why in my mind Seattle has and always will have a super bowl win, because make no bones about it, that was a super bowl win period. We just weren't awarded the trophy. Call it a charitable contribution to the Steelers so the media could have the Jerome Bettis retirement party they craved. And, I think Levy himself had to have wanted too.
Too bad he'll never admit how much cash he made for making those calls, or ever have his feet held to the fire for them. In my mind there's no amount of lost sleep that will ever make up for what he did that day and I do hope he finally comes totally clean before he goes to the grave.

Then maybe the NFL will re-issure the Lombardi Trophy to its rightful place, or just wipe the result out and erase the Super Bowl as never happening. I think we should also have banners put up in Quest field stating that we are super bowl champions. But again, thats too much to expect for Seattle...we'll just go along and accept the result just like we did back when it happened. But I really hope this response from Levy made national news and not just local.

Also, I wish he'd gone a step farther because he only admitted bad calls in the 4th quarter. He still hasn't admitted the pass interference call on D-Jack, or the illegal clip on Matt Hasselbeck who made a textbook tackle most Qb's wouldnt even try. Every bad call in that game went against the Hawks and all were not even close to being penaltys.
chewbacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
DoctorCAD
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10385
Default Re: Levy Admits Blown Calls

Tough crap, loser.
DoctorCAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
steelerschik
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16103

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbacka View Post
Finally the Levy apology and admition of guilt comes - but of course I suspect its only because he's in the presence of Seahawks. That said I'm gonna take every initiative I can to spread that apology nation wide and especially to those ****y Steelers fans that never acknowledged the officiating was beyond horrid.

And for all of you that were on the fence about it (which I can't imagine why anyone with a brain would be) here is finally all the redemption the Hawks will get unfortunatley. Some have said after that game like the standard things when calls don't go your way like: "if they had done their job good enough (the Hawks) then it wouldnt have mattered" but this super bowls situation was nothing like that and those type of comments had no place. For it wasn't that the Hawks were less than prepared, or just needed a close call to go their way.
No, this was a case where immensely insane calls were made on things not even close to penalties, almost as if they made up new rules while the game progressed.

Thats why in my mind Seattle has and always will have a super bowl win, because make no bones about it, that was a super bowl win period. We just weren't awarded the trophy. Call it a charitable contribution to the Steelers so the media could have the Jerome Bettis retirement party they craved. And, I think Levy himself had to have wanted too.
Too bad he'll never admit how much cash he made for making those calls, or ever have his feet held to the fire for them. In my mind there's no amount of lost sleep that will ever make up for what he did that day and I do hope he finally comes totally clean before he goes to the grave.

Then maybe the NFL will re-issure the Lombardi Trophy to its rightful place, or just wipe the result out and erase the Super Bowl as never happening. I think we should also have banners put up in Quest field stating that we are super bowl champions. But again, thats too much to expect for Seattle...we'll just go along and accept the result just like we did back when it happened. But I really hope this response from Levy made national news and not just local.

Also, I wish he'd gone a step farther because he only admitted bad calls in the 4th quarter. He still hasn't admitted the pass interference call on D-Jack, or the illegal clip on Matt Hasselbeck who made a textbook tackle most Qb's wouldnt even try. Every bad call in that game went against the Hawks and all were not even close to being penaltys.
LOL, the fact that you actually believe the Lombardi's "rightful" place is in Seattle just proves the loser mentality you display. The Cryhawks lost and defeat is painful, I understand, but to cry over it for 5 years is beyond pathetic. The hawks did nothing extraordinary to win the game, they did nothing on defense to stop Willie or Hines. While neither team played great, one team played well enough to win, the other failed. I still am in disbelief that Seattle was in the SB in the first place. Tell me again, how many more times did they end up in the SB since 2005? Yeah, exactly. They WERE NOT a championship team then, they ARE NOT one now and I have serious doubt they EVER will be. I believe the Steelers went on to another SB and won...oh but that's right, only when the Steelers win it's due to the refs, ALL OTHER teams earn their wins. This is why is just doesn't matter what you or the other whiny fans of teams who blame refs for a loss instead of their head coach or team. It's just laughable.
steelerschik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 10:02 AM   #4
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Why are you here? Do you think you're going to get any sympathy or contrition from Steelers fans? Go away & cry to yourself - as you obviously have been doing now for 5 years...
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #5
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:

I know Seattle's never won one, but maybe you can get one this year. Oh, that's right. Your team has spiraled downward since then and we've won another SB in the meantime. Oh well, like I stated in another post. How could a Seahawks fan assume that win when it wasn't really all that close. Steelers were up 11 points, kneeling out the clock in the Hawks Redzone when the game ended. That should have been a 14-20 point win for the Black and Gold. Hawks only TD came on a rediculous int by our 2nd year QB on the Hawks goaline. We should have had 7 and gave 7 up instead. 14 point swing right there and they still lost by 11? WTF.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #6
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Lol chewbaka, have u ever had ***** before? first you make a star wars name then you come and talk shit.

didnt the next season we shut you ****ign out of the game? so shut the **** up.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:50 PM   #7
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

There is one winner and one loser for every game and that's all thatstters. Nobody remembers the loser except for the losers themselvs
Old 08-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #8
FourThreeMafia
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3558

For one, the Steelers have gotten screwed over on a bad calls so many times, we were due for some to go in our favor.

Seahawks have some of the whiniest fans in the league. They cry about every penalty in that game....even the ones that were totally legit.

Is it a coincidence this guy is just NOW saying this, 4+ years AFTER it was over, when he is IN Seattle? No...no its not.

See, we got an apology for the blown call right after the Colts game, when they overturned Troys INT. Difference is, we were good enough to overcome that and pull it out.

Yes, how about Seattle fans make more excuses about Willie's 75 yard run, the ARE to Ward TD pass, and the horrible clock management that killed Seattle at the end of both halves.

Funny how they also forget to mention Sean Locklear holding all game and several Pass INT calls that couldve easily went against the Seahawks.

Keep crying...the Lombardi is in Pittsburgh and thats where it will stay forever. No one outside of Seattle cares about the Shehawks, and they will suck for the foreseeable future, so I guess I understand why you have to dwell in the past.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:53 PM   #9
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:

You know what would have helped the Seahags win even more? If they hadn't let up the longest TD in Superbowl history. Or if they hadn't let Antwaan Randall El throw a TD to Hines Ward. Or if Jeremy Stevens could actually catch a ball. Or if the Hawks kicker could make a FG. Or if Holmgren know how to freaking manage the clock. And you wanna complain about getting 7 penalties? All of which were good except for the call on Hasselbeck IN THE FOURTH QUARTER!. Even if you think the holding call against Locklear was bad...it doesn't mean you go and throw and INT on the next play and then let the Steelers score 7 a couple plays later.

Bad calls happen all the time. Good teams find a way to deal with it....bad teams let it take over their game.

Also...here's a clip of the hold on Haggans, one of the two penalties called against Seattle in the 4th. (the other being the low block penalty on Hasselbeck after he threw and INT...bad call, but didn't really change too much).

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Suck on it whiny loser.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #10
FourThreeMafia
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3558

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
You know what would have helped the Seahags win even more? If they hadn't let up the longest TD in Superbowl history. Or if they hadn't let Antwaan Randall El throw a TD to Hines Ward. Or if Jeremy Stevens could actually catch a ball. Or if the Hawks kicker could make a FG. Or if Holmgren know how to freaking manage the clock. And you wanna complain about getting 7 penalties? All of which were good except for the call on Hasselbeck IN THE FOURTH QUARTER!. Even if you think the holding call against Locklear was bad...it doesn't mean you go and throw and INT on the next play and then let the Steelers score 7 a couple plays later.

Bad calls happen all the time. Good teams find a way to deal with it....bad teams let it take over their game.

Also...here's a clip of the hold on Haggans, one of the two penalties called against Seattle in the 4th. (the other being the low block penalty on Hasselbeck after he threw and INT...bad call, but didn't really change too much).

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Suck on it whiny loser.
Like I said...they are blissfully ignorant. They complain about everything in that game that benefited the Steelers. I guess when you cheer for such a crappy franchise, you cant help but be bitter when you lose the big one.