Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-15-2006, 07:02 AM   #1
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915
Default "Thumbs Down"

I don't want to beat a dead horse, and this may have already been posted, but I recently asked if Ben had been invited to the Pro Bowl. I heard that he had on NFL Radio. No one else ha heard a report. This morning on Inside the Huddle on ESPN, it was reported that Big Ben gave the "thumbs down" to the Pro Bowl due to his thumb and aching knees. My guess is that he was invited prior to Steve McNair and turned it down.
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 07:54 AM   #2
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832
Default Re: "Thumbs Down"

Thats exactly what i thought as well and it was a smart decision... if he dosent take care of that tumb his throwing techniches as well as accuracy may be affected... did you se the way he kept underthrowing passes in XL? That really kept conerning me.

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:28 AM   #3
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxKnightxX
Thats exactly what i thought as well and it was a smart decision... if he dosent take care of that tumb his throwing techniches as well as accuracy may be affected... did you se the way he kept underthrowing passes in XL? That really kept conerning me.

I don't recall seeing him throw a tight-spiral, with-authority, over 40-yards, in several weeks, and his short, 'finesse'-passes (i.e.: goal-line vs. the Weephawks ), wasn't much better:
he still looked-good on 12-20 yard 'quick' passes, tho, and if his thumb/body needed the rest, so-be-it, and if he needed to miss this 'nothing' game, in-prepartion for '06, I'm OK with it.
4xSBChamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:29 AM   #4
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

you gotta change your name 4X :)
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
you gotta change your name 4X :)
Nope..... I'm leaving '5xSBChanps' for the current-generation of Stiller fan:
'hopefully', the screen-name '5xSBChamps' will be out-dated at this time next year!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:36 AM   #6
Ward86MVP
Water Boy

Member Number: 1998

The Pro Bowl was a yawner, and after seeing Tiki Barber get slammed hard to the ground by Champ Bailey (and Giants fans having small heart attacks), if Big Ben passed it up with the injuries he has been battling all season, I am behind that decision. He needs to take care of himself and not risk his future and the Steelers' investment in him for a game that means nothing. If he was asked to play, then that is an honor in itself.
Ward86MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:40 AM   #7
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward86MVP
..... if Big Ben passed it up with the injuries he has been battling all season, I am behind that decision. He needs to take care of himself and not risk his future and the Steelers' investment in him for a game that means nothing.

the ONLY 'Bowl' worth mentioning is the SUPER Bowl, not the PRO Bowl.....
Old 02-15-2006, 09:48 AM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

I've heard a few TV sports experts jump on Brady and Ben for not attending the Pro-Bowl. Brady was at Pebble Beach and Ben was at the Grammy's. The media jumped on them to a degree for passing up the "honor" of playing in the Pro Bowl.

Even If Ben was not injured and turned down the chance, who cares? What's the big deal? I'm sure he will be there on a few occasions when all is said and done. As for Brady, the guy has already been there on a few different occasions and he's also not 100%. Sorry that not everybody is Peyton Manning.

In my opinion the game is totally pointless and meaningless. The chance of injury and the fact that nobody (or hardly anybody) on either team gives 100% (which I don't blame them) makes it boring and idiotic at the same time. I turned it on for five minutes, saw our boys represent our team and then turned it off for the night. Zero interest. I would rather watch curling.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 02-15-2006 at 10:04 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 01:17 PM   #9
Long Island Steel
Water Boy

Member Number: 1960

The NFL All-Star Game has always been a joke. Back in the day when players made no money, it was a nice treat to get a week paid to go to Hawaii, but nowadays it's really nothing but another chance to get hurt.
Long Island Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 03:09 PM   #10
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645
Default "Let's just say...we had protection problems"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward86MVP
The Pro Bowl was a yawner, and after seeing Tiki Barber get slammed hard to the ground by Champ Bailey (and Giants fans having small heart attacks), if Big Ben passed it up with the injuries he has been battling all season, I am behind that decision. He needs to take care of himself and not risk his future and the Steelers' investment in him for a game that means nothing. If he was asked to play, then that is an honor in itself.
The Pro-Bowl isn't about football...it's just a party - a pretty good one too. It was pretty comical watching 3/4 of the crowd bolt for safety when the rain came. It seemed from my seat that nearly all plays were away from Polamalu when he was out there. Ben had no business being in that game. Period. The conditions were a little dangerous early on.

And Peyton Manning picked up where he left off which brings me to the Colts offensive line. "Let's just say...we had protection problems" What was his excuse with a Pro-Bowl o-line?
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote