Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-10-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053
Default Jason Worilds aggravates his Hammy

I don't wanna be a negative fan here but, I knew this guy was a bad pick. He had alot of past injuries, mostly his shoulder. And he was never a take over a game type of player. I hope I am wrong and he can get it together. But something tells me he is another in the long line of HORRIBLE 2nd round defensive picks by Pittsburgh.

Steelers | Jason Worilds aggravates injury
Comment (0)
Tue, 10 Aug 2010 14:01:55 -0400

Pittsburgh Steelers LB Jason Worilds (hamstring) has aggravated an earlier hamstring injury and is not participating in practice, according to CBSSports.com.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332
Default Re: Jason Worilds aggravates his Hammy

Obviously you never watched Worilds at VT, so shut the **** up.

He has not had a history of past injuries, what the **** are you smoking, go dig a grave and dont get up.
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #3
whatdoiknow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Obviously you never watched Worilds at VT, so shut the **** up.

He has not had a history of past injuries, what the **** are you smoking, go dig a grave and dont get up.

Ah, Worilds has had at least 3 different shoulder surgeries since High School. That sound like a Chronic Injury Issue to me. And as good off the edge as Worilds is. He also is a horrible Run defender. And when he HAS been on the field practicing, the reports are he has been struggling. In fact, 4th rounder Gibson is getting MUCH better reviews. So maybe YOU should shut the F up!!
Old 08-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #4
Tone's Toes
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14418

Proclaiming a player a bad pick before he even plays a game in the NFL is stupid. Yes, he had 3 shoulder injuries, but that has nothing to do with a hamstring. A lot of guys have had hamstring injuries in camp this year. We're not writing off the rest of them and shouldn't be writing off Worilds career yet either.
Tone's Toes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
whatdoiknow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone's Toes View Post
Proclaiming a player a bad pick before he even plays a game in the NFL is stupid. Yes, he had 3 shoulder injuries, but that has nothing to do with a hamstring. A lot of guys have had hamstring injuries in camp this year. We're not writing off the rest of them and shouldn't be writing off Worilds career yet either.

I didn't proclaim him a Bust! I just said I have a fear that he MIGHT be. Of course we have to wait. But he was never considered an elite college player. And MOST Draft experts had him at best a mid-late 3rd round talent. Of course their opinions are not everything. And I hope I am wrong and Worilds ends up an ALL-WORLD player.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Wow. I've been away and this board has gotten harsh. lol One thing I liked about it is people didn't get so mad all the time while discussing football...unlike that weak site with rude idiots.

I also think it is too early to say "I had a feeling" about Worilds. I think he will be a great player. I think all 3 LBs drafted will have the potential to start in the future. Gibson and even Sylvester have been making good impressions. That is a totally solid group of developmental LBs. Hopefully they can all play ST and replace the ST only players that have no chance of ever playing like Bailey.

We have a beastly LB crew so let's not worry or even rush him back. He has time to develop. I worry sometimes when they say how good these guys are because it makes me think they won't bring back Woodley. OK...let's be honest. Woodley is not coming back.

The 3 rookies, Foote, the 4 starters and Fox. They all blow my mind. That is 9 good LBs. Somethings gotta give.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

---
Old 08-10-2010, 06:01 PM   #8
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Ah, Worilds has had at least 3 different shoulder surgeries since High School. That sound like a Chronic Injury Issue to me. And as good off the edge as Worilds is. He also is a horrible Run defender. And when he HAS been on the field practicing, the reports are he has been struggling. In fact, 4th rounder Gibson is getting MUCH better reviews. So maybe YOU should shut the F up!!
im not going top shut the **** up, get back in that grave, the hokies were awesome at stopping the run, and guess who was at the heart of that, so I don't know where you get your shitty bogus, struggling???? I've seen Tomlin say good things about him, Yeah look at James Harrison he ****ing struggled until the 2007 season. Five ****ing seasons after he was drafted.

that injury was his freshmen year 2 ****ing years ago he had 3 full seasons

Some people dnt deserve to live, you are one of them
Old 08-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #9
whatdoiknow
Banned

Supa Fly, I like him. I mean he IS a major pass rusher. But doesn't his history of Injuries concern you ? I mean it does not mean he will be that way in the pros. But it is a concern. And no matter what you think, every draft expert says Worilds is a One-trick pont as a edge rusher. I mean he's never even played a single down EVER as a 3-4 OLB., At least Gibson has. He was a pure 3-4 OLB in High School. And Ohio State ran it at times as well. Jason may end up being a good player. But he won't be an Immediate Impact guy.
Old 08-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #10
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

I agree, Woodley is out to cash in. He will be outta here.