Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053
Default Dixon Absolutely HAS to be our starter at QB

Cause the simple fact is...Lefty Sucks!! I mean when he is in the game, the other teams Defense just tee's off on him cause he is so slow, and has no escape ability whatsoever! Also considering Flozell Adams looks so horrible, we NEED a QB who can scramble out of trouble once Adams man passes him faster than " Paris Hilton " can say YES to Sex!

Please Tomlin,,,grow a Brain!! And start Dixon!!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #2
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Dixon Absolutely HAS to be our starter at QB

Dixon's gotta earn it IMO...If he does better, than yes...start him!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
FourThreeMafia
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3558

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Cause the simple fact is...Lefty Sucks!! I mean when he is in the game, the other teams Defense just tee's off on him cause he is so slow, and has no escape ability whatsoever! Also considering Flozell Adams looks so horrible, we NEED a QB who can scramble out of trouble once Adams man passes him faster than " Paris Hilton " can say YES to Sex!

Please Tomlin,,,grow a Brain!! And start Dixon!!
Tomlin sees these guys every day in camp and will see them throughout the preaseason. Leftwich is slow, absolutely, but Dixon is not clearly the better choice...at least not yet. Dixon may be faster, but he still has alot of holes in his game.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:27 PM   #4
Corey_J
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16584

Dixon is way more explosive and lets face it Ben has to scramble because of that line play and theres no way that grandpa leftwich can hold up behind that line. Dixon plays very well under pressure and after they took the cuffs off him last year vs. the ravens he played very well ! Dixon is the man for the job !
Old 08-14-2010, 10:37 PM   #5
whatdoiknow
Banned

Dixon right or for wrong has driven the ball everytime tonight. And it does not matter if the Lion back-ups are in or not. Their starters aren't gonna catch him either. No, I don't want Dixon throwing the medium to long patterns over Lefty either. But Lefty can't throw them either...not when his A$$ in on the turf. Dixon FORCES Defenses to worry about more because of his diversity and his fleet feet. Lefty brings none of that. This is a No-Brainer faans. And IF Tomlin goes with Lefty, well then HE has No Brains!!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
mikegrimey
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 15679

What do you know?

Apparently you don't know that there's a big difference between being a hero against the 2nd string and bubble players in preseason and doing it in the real games.

I'm not saying Dixon is garbage but you gotta have more than "he drove the ball everytime" against the practice squad and backups of one of the worst teams in the league.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
whatdoiknow
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
What do you know?

Apparently you don't know that there's a big difference between being a hero against the 2nd string and bubble players in preseason and doing it in the real games.

I'm not saying Dixon is garbage but you gotta have more than "he drove the ball everytime" against the practice squad and backups of one of the worst teams in the league.

A 66 Yd TD to Brown..( Who has clearly outplayed Sanders )...so,,,are we LEARNING yet! ? BTW, not alot, but several KEY Detroit players I see are still playing. And besides, Dixon is doing this with back-ups on his side as well. Look, BOTTOM LINE is...ANYONE who thinks Lefty is a better QB option for us then Dixon IS a Mother F;ing Moron!

Period!!
Old 08-14-2010, 11:07 PM   #8
FourThreeMafia
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegrimey View Post
What do you know?

Dixon played fairly well against the Ravens last year, considering he only had like a day to prepare.

Dixon has a long way to go. I think mainly what people are arguing is that he is a better option than Lefty. That remains to be seen, but I am hoping Dixon starts next game to see more of him against 1st string Ds.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:08 PM   #9
FourThreeMafia
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
A 66 Yd TD to Brown..( Who has clearly outplayed Sanders )...so,,,are we LEARNING yet! ? BTW, not alot, but several KEY Detroit players I see are still playing. And besides, Dixon is doing this with back-ups on his side as well. Look, BOTTOM LINE is...ANYONE who thinks Lefty is a better QB option for us then Dixon IS a Mother F;ing Moron!

Period!!

Stop makin idiotic comments.

We get it, you like Dixon.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:11 PM   #10
SteelersJW
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 5742

I'm really not too trilled about either one of them. Lefty didn't have any success throwing the ball, or even moving a foot inside the pocket. The thing that worries me about Dixon is that he seems almost too prone to take off scrambling instead of looking downfield for something to develop. It will be interesting to see how many times he threw the ball compared to how many times he tucked it away and took off.

Ben, Ben, Ben... Why couldn't you have just stayed out of Milledgeville?