Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Post Game PS1 Winners and Losers

OK...5 of each.

Winners: (Stock on the rise)

1. Dennis Dixon -he had a great game. Even though we didn't see him make some of the medium to deep throws we would have liked to see him make, he avoided turnovers or really risky throws. Much will be made of the fact that it was against back up players but Dixon also did not have the top line or a Heath Miller, Hines Ward or Mike Wallace.

2. Isaac Redmen -Great game. He solidified himself as the #2 rusher behind Mendy. Better than just being a short yardage guy, he has shown he can do it all (including catching short passes and screens).

3. Antonio Brown -With his good play he will make the team for sure and has caused confusion as to where he is on the depth chart.

4. Maukice Pouncey - Playing center and calling correct calls according to his team was a plus and leaves options open for him regarding the starting line up. The line played terribly but Pouncey seemed to be decent.

5. Keyaron Fox -He played well and appeared to be aggressively in the mix on most plays.

LOSERS (Stock went down)

1. Byron Leftwich -Although he wasn't terrible, he was slow. The problem is the Steelers need closers. Field goals are not going to cut it. He still needs to get his timing down with Wallace. The O-Line play was terrible for him though.

2. Flozelle Adams -his play was not good but hopefully he can make the adjustment because the Steelers have no options behind him.

3. Emmanuel Sanders - He didn't do anything bad but with all the buzz pregame and all the nothingness during the game, that's enough to be bad. Add to that the fact that Antonio Brown had a great game and Battle made a nice play and it's even worse. Before he was looking to battle ARE for #3. Now he might be looking at spot #6. He can turn it around but will need more.

4. Jonathan Dwyer Can we say practice squad? Even though he had some back ups blocking for him he was also going against back ups. In addition Redmans play has moved him off the roster. There is a chance he can beat Dawayne Wright for the fullback spot but I doubt it.

5. Frank Summers - just not enough. It's time for him to try elsewhere. I wouldn't even give him a PS spot.

Last edited by SteelKnight; 08-16-2010 at 12:50 PM.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #2
SteelKnight
Team President

Default Re: Post Game PS1 Winners and Losers

Feel free to add any players you noticed to be winners or losers.
Old 08-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #3
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

I wouldnt say Sanders was a loser, he certainly wasnt a winner but I noticed numerous times where he was open for an easy pass and Dixon chose to run the ball himself rather than risk passing it...he caught the ball for a nice 3rd down conversion the only time he was even targeted.
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
supa_fly_steeler
Banned

Member Number: 15332

Your an idiot, Sanders was open a lot of the time, but Dixon decided to run, Im fine with that, but look at Sanders the next time asswipe. (NOT DIXON YOU, YES YOU)

And Sanders would of got a lot more catches if not for the weather.

your the loser here.

and...

... THERES A BOUT FIVE FUGING THREADS ALREADY ON RATING PLAYERS YOU ASSWIPE... HOW ABOUT USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION OR TAKE YOUR STUPID FINGERS AND SLEEZY EYES AND LOOK PROPERLY THROUGHOUT THE FORUM
supa_fly_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
FearTroy43
Water Boy

Member Number: 5755

niceeee!
FearTroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #6
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by supa_fly_steeler View Post
Your an idiot, Sanders was open a lot of the time, but Dixon decided to run, Im fine with that, but look at Sanders the next time asswipe. (NOT DIXON YOU, YES YOU)

And Sanders would of got a lot more catches if not for the weather.

your the loser here.

and...

... THERES A BOUT FIVE FUGING THREADS ALREADY ON RATING PLAYERS YOU ASSWIPE... HOW ABOUT USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION OR TAKE YOUR STUPID FINGERS AND SLEEZY EYES AND LOOK PROPERLY THROUGHOUT THE FORUM
Uneducated fool. It's "you're". I won't waste my time with you. lol I already see you are disliked and desperate for attention. But you are stupid too...lol Shame.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:01 PM   #7
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
I wouldnt say Sanders was a loser, he certainly wasnt a winner but I noticed numerous times where he was open for an easy pass and Dixon chose to run the ball himself rather than risk passing it...he caught the ball for a nice 3rd down conversion the only time he was even targeted.
I know there was at least one time but I would have to say his stock went down a little because of the play of Brown and the catch by Battle. Let's put it this way, if he did that 3 more times he'd be taking a hit.

I like the guy and ultimately I think he'll fall in fourth behind ARE (just out of respect) but he better look out for Brown and Battle or step up (or nag Dixon to throw it).
Old 08-16-2010, 01:31 AM   #8
BlockMonsta
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13642

Supa, just quit with your tough guy act..You are on the internet. Get over yourself already.
BlockMonsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:35 AM   #9
BlockMonsta
Bench Warmer

The way you act on the fourm is where I get the idea you are trying to prove that your some tough guy. Your the kind of person that talks that talk but cant walk the walk..ya know?
Old 08-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #10
BlockMonsta
Bench Warmer

You dont, your just annoying with the name calling. People dont normally feel the need to talk shit on an internet forum. You are an exception.