Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-18-2006, 08:19 AM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default I won!

I'll just send them all my personal information then claim my prize....what could go wrong?

CUSTOMER SERVICE
REF#: UK/9420X2/68
BATCH#: 074/05/ZY369

Tel: (44) 702 3054 409
Fax: (44) 870 136 1056
BRANCH OFFICE: 36 Balfe Street Kings Cross, N1 9EB Uk

17 /02 / 2006

Our Ref: 27349/46

WINNING NOTIFICATION

We happily announce to you the draw of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY online Sweepstakes International promotion held on the 16th of February, 2006 held online. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: 00545 188 564756 with Serial number 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers: 14-21-22-37-43 which subsequently won you the lottery in the 3rd category. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of ?640,000.00 GBP (Six Hundred and Forty Thousand British Pounds Sterling) in cash credited to email file ktu/9023118308/03.
This is from a total cash prize of ?7.3 Million Pounds Sterling shared amongst seventeen (17) lucky winners in this category in the current ongoing lottery sweepstakes. All participants were selected randomly from the World Wide Web through our renowned computer draw system and extracted from over 10,000 link sites world wide. This promotion takes place in four phases annually. Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your ?640,000.00 GBP (Six Hundred and Forty Thousand Pounds Sterling) will be released to you via our payment office in Europe. Our European agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him.
For security reasons you are advised to keep your winning details confidential till your claims are processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner You deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements. Please be warned. To file for your claim, please contact fiduciary agent designated to your file providing the requiste details provided underneath for due processing and remittance of your prize money -
1.Full Name:
2.Full Address:
3.Marital Status:
4.Occupation:
5.Age:
6.Sex:
7.Nationality:
8.Country Of Residence:
9.Telephone Number:
10.Fax Number:
11.Ticket Number(above):
12.Reference Number(above):
13.Batch Number(above):

The requisite data are required to be forwarded to your designated Fiduciary Agent-
Mr. Scott Jacobs
Email:
scottjacobs@cooperation.net
Tel: (44) 702-3054-403

To avoid unnecessary delays and complications, please quote your reference / batch numbers in any correspondence with us or your assigned agent.
Congratulations once more from all members and staffs of this program. Thank you for being part of our promotional lottery program. All winners under the age of 16 are disqualified, please take note. For more information please call customer service on (44) 702 3054 409 or (44) 702 3054 410.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Victoria J. Brown
UK National Lottery.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 09:09 AM   #2
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Default Re: I won!

Don't you just love them silly emails!

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

AHA! I'm taking this email and sending them MY personal info. The prize is mine now sucka! AAAHAHHAHHAH!

boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #4
Brady12
Team Captain

Member Number: 973

You've gotta be kidding me!? I got the same e-mail! Were Millionaires!
Brady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #5
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

I hate those emails. like seriously, don't joke around about winning money, it's not funny. I'm playing the Power Ball tonight...if I win I'll donate $200 to the boards to reach the $500 goal
Old 02-18-2006, 04:49 PM   #6
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by melroseplace
I hate those emails. like seriously, don't joke around about winning money, it's not funny. I'm playing the Power Ball tonight...if I win I'll donate $200 to the boards to reach the $500 goal
Let me get this straight...if you win 300 MILLION dollars, you'll donate $200? How about $200,000!
Old 02-18-2006, 08:16 PM   #7
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

If I win $300 Mil. I`m taking 50 of yinz on a cruise! Then when I get back I`ll take my wife on a cruise! LOl
Old 02-18-2006, 10:57 PM   #8
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Let me get this straight...if you win 300 MILLION dollars, you'll donate $200? How about $200,000!
haha guess the sarcasm wasn't caught online communication leaves something to be desired...
Old 02-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #9
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestbank Tiger
The funniest thing about those emails is scambaiting. There are people who write back (as fictional characters they create) and pretend to fall for the scam. Then they string the scammers along for a few months, make them go to the Western Union office for nothing, and sometimes get them to take embarrassing pictures. Then they finally lower the boom on them and tell them "I knew it was a scam all along, you idiot".

Some of them have web pages where they post the entire exchange. Hilarious stuff.
I have a friend who does that...it's always good stuff, especailly the African King who needs $1500 so he can give someone 15 million (or whatever)...
Old 02-20-2006, 10:02 AM   #10
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Oh boy...someone locally actually fell for it...she's a nurse, too, so you'd have to expect she's a fairly educated person.

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/news/13...printstory.jsp

Posted on Sun, Feb. 19, 2006

Old scam nets new victim
N. Canton nurse says e-mail from Nigeria looked `completely legitimate'; now she owes $135,000
By Rick Armon
Beacon Journal staff writer

NORTH CANTON - Bridget Gossett thought she'd be rolling in dough now.

Instead, she's in a whole lot of financial hurt.

The 31-year-old was duped as part of one of the oldest Internet scams around -- an e-mail from Nigeria requesting help in sheltering money and promising her $6 million in return. Despite years of warnings from U.S. authorities and media stories about the popular scam, Gossett said she had never heard of it.

``I'm a single mom, and I guess I saw this and it looked completely legitimate,'' she said Thursday. ``I asked them over and over if they were going to scam me. And now that I think about it, they aren't gonna come out and say, `Oh, we're going to scam you.' ''

Gossett, who works as a nurse, received the e-mail last November and began talking with the con artists. They informed her that a wealthy Nigerian had died and if nobody claimed the money, it would be forfeited to the government. They needed her help in moving the money out of the country.

To handle the fees involved, they sent her a check last month for $47,000, which she in turn deposited in her account at a Charter One Bank branch in North Canton. She then wired the money to a business in London. Gossett said she was wary about the transaction, but figured everything was OK when the bank accepted the check. Another check for $89,100 arrived and she deposited that, too, she said.

As she waited for the second check to clear before the money could be shipped to a business in Japan, the bank determined that both checks were bogus.

And now Gossett said that Charter One says she's responsible for paying back the $47,000 and that her account is $88,000 overdrawn.

``I'm screwed,'' she said, adding that her bank account has been frozen and she doesn't even have money for groceries. But she also said the bank shares some of the blame.

``If the check wasn't good in the first place, why did they put it in my account?'' she asked.

Charter One spokeswoman Carrie Carpenter declined to comment on Gossett's case.

But in general, she said the depository bank doesn't determine whether to pay a check.

``If a customer deposits a check and spends the provisional credit, they are responsible for those funds,'' she said. ``If the drawee bank pays the check, those funds are made available to the customer.''

The fact that Gossett fell for the scam was surprising to those in law enforcement.

``You just keep thinking that this has been done for how long and people still fall for it,'' North Canton Police Chief Mike Grimes said.

Police referred the investigation to the U.S. Secret Service, which noted that such scams have been taking place for about 20 years. Despite warnings, people are still duped, said David Lee, resident agent in charge of the Secret Service office in Akron.

Gossett said she's learned a valuable lesson.

``Just don't trust anybody,'' she said. ``Just don't trust anybody.''

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------