Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #1
pitt4059
Water Boy

Member Number: 10867
Default Wanna be on ESPN?

I have been contacted by Stephan Michaels from Nickerson Research which is putting together a television promo for ESPN for the upcoming football season. I've copied the letter and pasted it below. They are specifically looking for VIDEO of fans waving the Terrible Towel while on vacation. If you, or somebody you know has video of themselves, family, or friends waving the Terrible Towel on vacation, please contact Stefan Michaels as soon as possible (they are working on this project NOW) at the email address in his letter to me.

Also, if you have any new PHOTOS of the Terrible Towel, please send them to me at towelsubmit@hsfootballweb.com as I will be updating the site with approximately 100 new photos within the next week or so.

Thanks!

Russ
Travels of the Terrible Towel
http://www.hsfootballweb.com/ttowelpics.htm

__________________________________________________ ______________________

Dear Travels of The Terrible Towel,

I am writing on behalf of Nickerson Research in Los Angeles, which is working on a new television promo for the upcoming football season. This project is for ESPN and will celebrate the exuberance and die-hard support of the Steeler Nation, waving the Terrible Towel in adventurous locations around the world.

Specifically, we are looking for video of fans waving "the towel on vacation," and I was hoping that some of the followers of the Travels Of The Terrible Towel blog may have some video of themselves and their friends that fits this description.

We would be very grateful and really appreciate it if you could possibly post our request on your site, and/or forward this request to your mailing list. Should anyone have video that would work for the project, we would, of course, work out the details and compensate them.

Many thanks for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

Kind regards,

Stephan Michaels
Nickerson Research

Stephan@nickersonresearch.com
pitt4059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053
Default Re: Wanna be on ESPN?

There is no shortage of steeler fans.We have the biggest fan base in the US, let alone the world. Sorry Cowgirl fans but you're team is NOT " Americas team "..( Keep Dreaming )..I think I read a USA Today poll last year that said that there are over 150 Million Steeler fans in the United States alone...150 Million guys :-)
Hell there ain't but what ? 325 Million people in the US as is ? Hell Cowgirl fans, you're not even " Texas's team "...The Steeler fan base is probably larger in Dallas then Cowgirl fans!

NEVER a shortage of the " Black and Gold Birgade "
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote