Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 08-19-2010, 07:34 AM   #1
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092
Default its getting laughable - come on Goodell

another day another guy not getting suspended. at some point this has become ridicuolus.

im not going to argue Ben being suspended because i do agree he should have been, 2 games max not 6 though.

Bengals escape again without having one of their guys suspended. Malaluga gets no suspension after pleading guilty to a DUI.

the guy is driving around drunk and could kill someone and gets nothing.

all credibility the Goodell was trying to get with his policy has got to be thrown out of the window at this point. its very clear he suspended Ben because of the media coverage. i guess being accused, but not charged of assaulting a 20 year old bar hopper is worse than pleading guilty to driving drunk.

i want this story of Ben being suspended to go away just as bad as the rest of you guys, but when you see stories of guys not getting suspended it just brings it right back to the fore front.

at this point i think the only thing Goodell can do to maintain any balance in these suspensions is to reduce Bens to 2 games to were it should have been and i dont want to hear that he would be showing favoritism to the Steelers by doing so. what about the favoritism of not suspending to Bengals or the Titans starting qb. i wouldnt call it favoritism i would call it fair.

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:41 AM   #2
truesteelerfan
Team Captain

Member Number: 11218
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: its getting laughable - come on Goodell

How many games will a player be suspended for in the future when he gets a parking ticket?
truesteelerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

If its a steeler player like 6 games if its a pats player the nfl will pay the ticket

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #4
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

I was going to bring this up yesterday. But I thought it was more of a general league thing then a steeler thing. And thought it should be posted in the NFL Forum, and not here, but there is very little action in that forum. Anyways I to think it is BS cause by admitting that Rey did something very dangerous and egregious, and taking away TWO of his game checks, but not suspending him those actual two games is kinda suspecious. And trust me, this is not Rey's first real offence. He has been a disgrace for a while now. But i'm not going to compare him with Ben cause I'm getting tired of it, and it just makes me mad. So why bother ? Rey hasn't learned any lessons, and you'll be hearing from him again in a off-field incident again.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
Griff
Water Boy

Member Number: 16495

Agreed. Goodell blew it.
Griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:19 PM   #6
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Agreed. Goodell blew it.
Goodell blew who?.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:45 PM   #7
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

DUI is a mistake a bad choice, one most all of us have guilty of many times during our lives. I'm not saying it's ok, but not long ago it was an accepted choice with minimal ramifications. Comparing DUI to rape, guns, drugs, animal abuse, abuse of women is not on the same scale. That being said, multiple offenses probably should be dealt with more aggressively.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #8
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

I just find it humorous that so many here think that they know all the facts. Can't it be assumed that Goodell know MUCH MUCH more than any of us do about all of these instances. To assume that Roger has some vendetta against Ben or the Steelers is assinine.

If Roger came down hard on Ben to prove that he's as hard on Caucasians as he is African-Americans, well so be it. It certainly doesn't mean that Ben was innocent. As another poster said, Ben still has his job & suffered no incarceration. Many of us would be fired & have a hard time finding another job for breaking our company's code of conduct policies. Whether we agree with the policies or not.
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteeleReign View Post
I just find it humorous that so many here think that they know all the facts. Can't it be assumed that Goodell know MUCH MUCH more than any of us do about all of these instances. To assume that Roger has some vendetta against Ben or the Steelers is assinine.

If Roger came down hard on Ben to prove that he's as hard on Caucasians as he is African-Americans, well so be it. It certainly doesn't mean that Ben was innocent. As another poster said, Ben still has his job & suffered no incarceration. Many of us would be fired & have a hard time finding another job for breaking our company's code of conduct policies. Whether we agree with the policies or not.

Yes but said company would have to PROVE that you broke any conduct rules. In Ben's case, where was that ever PROVEN ? And as for Ben's Innocence. ah yes it does. I mean there wasn't even an appearance of Inpropriety other than two different women claiming Ben did something. Neither claim was in a simular surrounding,,,even though Goodell said that they were. Neither case was simular...meanning that the first alledged one was over a year earlier, and NEVER reported at any time. Hell, if Ben goes into a Burger King, and some woman comes out a week later saying that after Ben left, when he was away from any cameras that are inside the restaurant, that he felt her breasts up..what ?..are you then gonna support another Goodell suspension ? No wonder you took offense at my " Nazi " comment. Cause it's CLEAR that you, as well as your father were probably members of the 3rd Reich!
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #10
SteeleReign
Team President

Member Number: 13943

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Yes but said company would have to PROVE that you broke any conduct rules. In Ben's case, where was that ever PROVEN ? And as for Ben's Innocence. ah yes it does. I mean there wasn't even an appearance of Inpropriety other than two different women claiming Ben did something. Neither claim was in a simular surrounding,,,even though Goodell said that they were. Neither case was simular...meanning that the first alledged one was over a year earlier, and NEVER reported at any time. Hell, if Ben goes into a Burger King, and some woman comes out a week later saying that after Ben left, when he was away from any cameras that are inside the restaurant, that he felt her breasts up..what ?..are you then gonna support another Goodell suspension ? No wonder you took offense at my " Nazi " comment. Cause it's CLEAR that you, as well as your father were probably members of the 3rd Reich!
Can you PROVE that Ben didn't break any conduct rules? Of course not.

And moron, if I were a member of the Third Reich, do you think I'd find your references offensive? You are truly clueless - I hope you grow up someday....oh yeah, I forgot, you've been around since the "real Nazis!"
SteeleReign is online now   Reply With Quote