Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 08-20-2010, 02:52 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Players to watch Giants Game

OK. I'll start out with this exciting video I just ran into.

I love our draft and all these guys are players to watch...

*Jonathan Scott -Since Flozelle has been struggling he will get his chance. This is make or break for him. He is brought here by the OL coach but he is still a bubble man. Doing well could make him a starter and doing poorly could have him cut.

*Flozelle Adams -can he adjust? Watch him on pass plays.

*Antonio Brown -returning KO and punts...key thing is don't fumble or bobble the ball...then Logan is gone. Let's see if he can have another good game receiving.

*Emmanuel Sanders -was a bit of a dud last game for reasons that may not be his fault. He get's another shot. I'd like to see him take the 3rd spot from ARE.

*Stevenson Sylvester - I like his intensity (see video above...also doing well in camp). This guy may some day replace Farrior. The Steelers must find a place on the Roster for him.

*Frank Summers -OK, OK...I'm giving in that he'll make the team. Let's see how he plays.

*Dwayne Wright -Wen he came he did a lot of talking and got me excited...since then injuries and illness. When Tomlin was asked about the FB spot, he was not even mentioned so he's likely out unless he performs a miracle. Tomlin mentioned Summers, McHugh, Johnson and Legursky...in that order.

*Jonathan Dwyer -Watch him on the bench since he won't be playing. The Steelers need to make room for him so he's not snatched up but clearly thi guy needs a year on the PS.

*Daniel Sepulveda -his Kick offs. They talked about direction in addtion to hangtime but he better not kick it out of bounds and have it go to the 40.

*Maurkice Pouncey - can he continue to do well at center...with the first team?

*Dennis Dixon -can he have another great game.

*Byron Leftwich -can he produce a TD scoring drive? He's patient...but maybe too patient.

*Doug Worthington -does this guy deserve a spot on the team. Some are worried he might not clear wavers for PS.

*Jason Worilds -his premiere. Can he play with constant motor like college.

*Keenan Lewis - can he continue to look good?
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #2
SteelKnight
Team President

Default Re: Players to watch Giants Game

Overall, I'm tired of people talking about our aging defense. We have lots of fresh young talent at every position except Safety and NT...and Worthington may be able to play NT. We have upcoming OLBs, ILB, DE, and CB.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
Overall, I'm tired of people talking about our aging defense. We have lots of fresh young talent at every position except Safety and NT...and Worthington may be able to play NT. We have upcoming OLBs, ILB, DE, and CB.
AMEN !!! This is going to be a dominant defense this year despite what the naysayers say. Troy is back, Smith is back, McFadden is back. One of the second year CBs is going to pan out. And Hood, Fox, Worilds and company are sitting in the wings if someone goes down. I can't wait to see these guys kick Patriot and Jets butts.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 05:34 PM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 8,032 Times in 3,360 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

Dixon - He's got a good shot of landing the starting job if he can perform with consistency. Leftwich didn't look too impressive in his last outing so he's still in the running for the job. Next 3 games are critical.

Ziggy - Was a beast in training camp, would like to see him in the giant's backfield

Tony Hills - Looked good in the last game, don't know if they'd try him at RT but I want to see *someone* other than that Bills reject scott to push Flozell the ho-bag for a starting job.

Pouncey - Would make my year if Hartwig gets replaced. Now.

Emmanuel Sanders - Would love to see him as the #3.

Antonio Brown - If this guy can continue to impress I see us having a very explosive WR corps. And a possible replacement for logan

Sepulveda - Kickoffs, let's see if he's an upgrade to reed in this department. His tackling ability will at worst, make him able to stop the returner at midfield instead of giving up touchdowns.

Keenan Lewis - Would be GREAT to see a young guy in the secondary step up.

Crezdon Butler - I'd like to see this guy get a shot, his stock dropped in the draft because of decreased numbers... because he was only thrown at 6 times in the first half of his last season which honestly, is a good thing. This guy's a gamer and we stole him imo. Would be great to see him get action in nickel / dime packages this year.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:04 PM   #5
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

i am not sure that worthington and dwyer would be gobbled up by another team if we released them at the end of the preseason. They were drafted late and so far have had an unmemorable camp - can't see why another team would take them and put them on their active roster.

I agree with all your other observations.

At the beginning of this off-season, I was excited when the Steelers got Battle and ARE but now I sort of wish they didn't. I would like to see more of Sanders and Brown play and even feel good about Grisham and even London, after what Peter King wrote about him.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
i am not sure that worthington and dwyer would be gobbled up by another team if we released them at the end of the preseason. They were drafted late and so far have had an unmemorable camp - can't see why another team would take them and put them on their active roster.

I agree with all your other observations.

At the beginning of this off-season, I was excited when the Steelers got Battle and ARE but now I sort of wish they didn't. I would like to see more of Sanders and Brown play and even feel good about Grisham and even London, after what Peter King wrote about him.
Grisham has no realistic shot. I like what King wrote about London too but there is no room.

Don't sleep on Dwyer. Even though he was a late pick and as been unproductive. There might be some team willing to take a chance on him.

There are 32 teams and some need help at RB. I think he belongs on the PS though...but I'm thinking he may make the team.

About Worthington, I didn't think he might be snapped up but some other writer voiced concerns. It could happen. Ohio State is a good school. Harris was taken before. They have to decide wich 2/3 they want between Worthington, Eason and Harris.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:32 PM   #7
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVSteelersfan View Post
AMEN !!! This is going to be a dominant defense this year despite what the naysayers say. Troy is back, Smith is back, McFadden is back. One of the second year CBs is going to pan out. And Hood, Fox, Worilds and company are sitting in the wings if someone goes down. I can't wait to see these guys kick Patriot and Jets butts.
Great draft looking back.

Gibson was respected potential wise:

Another great player is Sylvester. He will make the team for sure and may be in the running to try for a starting spot next year opposite Timmons.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:46 PM   #8
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
Dixon - He's got a good shot of landing the starting job if he can perform with consistency. Leftwich didn't look too impressive in his last outing so he's still in the running for the job. Next 3 games are critical.

Ziggy - Was a beast in training camp, would like to see him in the giant's backfield

Tony Hills - Looked good in the last game, don't know if they'd try him at RT but I want to see *someone* other than that Bills reject scott to push Flozell the ho-bag for a starting job.

About Hills. My understanding is they just trained him for LT. It's now or never for im. I just assumed never.

Nothing against keisel but I wouldn't mind seeing Ziggy Hood in there. Let Keisel be the change of pace guy. lol

I must comment on you name. I'm one of the rare guys who likes what Arians has done with Ben, the receivers and the playbook. I just question some of the decision making regarding predictable runs thus forcing 3rd downs and long in the past couple of years. Now if we do become more effective running on first and second downs, that'll change everything. His Red Zone plays and lack of screens are also a weakness. The playcalling I see as a joint BA and Tomlin issue.

BA as done a good job with a weak OL and hasn't complained. I love the fact that he is not going to back down and be intimidated by all those telling him to run more. Nope. He's going to run more effectively but not more. Personally, I like te game being in Ben's hands.The way Redman was able to get the 3 first downs on 3rd and short and the TD...if he had that kind of production, he would run more in those situations.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:30 AM   #9
SteelKnight
Team President

Excuse this tangent. I just think it is funny "Blount regrets latest punch". The fact that this guy is in trouble again is funny. I just had to see it to believe it. I wasn't even paying attention to what he was saying...just laughing. I remember at one point, i thought the Steelers sould take a chance on him. lol

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-traini...s-latest-punch
Old 08-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #10
Goat27
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16471

wow, after one pre-season game, one pre-season game things are crucial?, I never knew pre-season games were crucial? And how does Emmanuel Sanders gets slated as a dud? after the first pre-season game, come on guys, the pre-season is nothing to get worked up over, I personally wouldn't care what the pre-season record is, the first quarter of the season is important and I can see us at either 4-0 or 3-1, just because we do not play well in tennessee
So just chill and watch and enjoy the next few pre-season games and get ready for ATL on Sept 12th.
Goat27 is offline   Reply With Quote