Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 08-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,531 Times in 3,969 Posts
Default 4 decapitated bodies hung from bridge in Mexico

mexico is getting middle eastern on that ass.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2...?csp=obnetwork

Quote:
CUERNAVACA, Mexico (AP) The decapitated bodies of four men were hung from a bridge Sunday in this central Mexican city besieged by fighting between two drug lords.
A gang led by kingpin Hector Beltran Leyva took responsibility for the killings in a message left with the bodies, the attorney general's office of Mexico state said in a statement.

The beheaded and mutilated bodies were hung by their feet early Sunday from the bridge in Cuernavaca, a popular weekend getaway for Mexico City residents.

Cuernavaca has become a battleground for control of the Beltran Leyva cartel since its leader, Arturo Beltran Leyva, was killed there in a December shootout with marines.

Mexican authorities say the cartel split between a faction led by Hector Beltran Leyva, brother of Arturo, and another led by Edgar Valdes Villarreal, a U.S.-born kingpin known as "the Barbie."

The message left with the bodies threatened: "This is what will happen to all those who support the traitor Edgar Valdez Villareal"

Authorities said the four men had been kidnapped days earlier. The family of one of the men reported the abduction to police.

In western Mexico, police found the body of a U.S. citizen inside a car along the highway between the Pacific resorts of Acapulco and Zihuatanejo.

A report from Guerrero state police said the man was shot to death and had identification indicating he was from Georgia.

The U.S. Embassy could not be reached to confirm the man's identity.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:33 PM   #2
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Re: 4 decapitated bodies hung from bridge in Mexico

Just saw this today...

Drug hitmen dump 72 bodies at Mexican ranch

MONTERREY, Mexico (Reuters) – Mexican marines found 72 dead bodies at a remote ranch near the U.S. border, the Mexican navy said on Wednesday, the biggest single discovery of its kind in Mexico's increasingly bloody drug war.
The marines came across the bodies of 58 men and 14 women on Tuesday at the ranch outside a town near the Gulf of Mexico in Tamaulipas state, some 90 miles from the Texas border, after a firefight with drug hitmen in which three gunmen and a marine died, a spokesman for the navy said.
One suspected trafficker was arrested, the navy said, and several escaped in SUVs.
"The bodies were dumped about the ranch and were not buried. We are still investigating how long they had been there," the spokesman said. He declined to give more details.
Marines guarding a nearby checkpoint reached the ranch after a wounded man approached them and asked for help. The soldiers came under fire as they neared the ranch, the navy said in a statement.
After the firefight, marines seized assault rifles, bullets, uniforms and vehicles from the ranch -- including one with forged army license plates.
Mexican newspaper El Norte said the dead were undocumented South and Central American immigrants kidnapped by drug gangs on their way to the Texan border. The navy could not confirm the report.
Drug cartels have moved into human smuggling in recent years, sometimes kidnapping migrants, extorting them and forcing them to carry narcotics across the border.
The discovery in Tamaulipas is the largest single find in Mexico's 3-1/2 year assault on cartels, following the discovery of 55 bodies in western Guerrero state in May and 51 bodies on the outskirts of Monterrey near Texas in July.
President Felipe Calderon, who deployed tens of thousands of soldiers to fight cartels when he took office, has been seeking to shore up support from opposition politicians and civic leaders as the war on drugs grows more gruesome.
"Yesterday's crime, for example, shows (cartels') beastliness, their brutality and their absolute lack of human scruples," he told local radio in an apparent reference to the Tamaulipas event. "I am sure we will still see a phase of very intense violence, principally among cartels," Calderon said.
CARTEL SPLIT
Tamaulipas has become one of Mexico's bloodiest drug flashpoints since the start of the year as rivals from the Gulf cartel and a spinoff group, the Zetas, fight over smuggling routes into the United States.
Hitmen killed a popular candidate for elections there in June, Mexico's worst political killing in 16 years.
More than 28,000 people in Mexico have died in drug violence since Calderon launched his drug fight in late 2006, fueling worries that violence could begin to take a major toll on Mexicans unrelated to the drug trade and even undermine a slow recovery in Latin America's second largest economy.
Calderon has blamed much of the recent bloodshed on the split between the Zetas, who take their name from a Mexican police code for high-ranking officers, and the Gulf gang. Authorities in Nuevo Leon state said the Zetas were responsible for abducting and killing a mayor near Monterrey last week.
Armed with a huge arsenal of grenades, automatic weapons, dynamite and even rocket launchers, the two gangs are each battling other cartels from the Pacific state of Sinaloa.
The Zetas were members of Mexico's elite special forces trained to fight drug cartels, but they switched sides in the 1990s and became one of the country's most feared gangs led by Heriberto Lazcano, known as "The Executioner."
(Additional reporting by Patrick Rucker and Miguel Angel Gutierrez in Mexico City; editing by Missy Ryan and Vicki Allen)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/us_mexico...VnaGl0bWVuZHU-
Old 08-25-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

we need to send the marines back do to maxico and wipe out all 3 top gain members. obviously someone will eventually take there place but it would teach them a valuable lesson about what happens when you make headline news that close to america
Old 08-25-2010, 02:13 PM   #4
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

What we need to do is legalize drugs in the US, tax them and regulate them. Then the cartels won't have a reason to even cross the border.

Killing leaders of the cartels that are in place are just a band-aid fix and won't solve the problem at hand.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:38 PM   #5
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

I talked to a woman I know in El Paso today. She lives very close to your brother Tony. She claims, as you said, that bullets did indeed come across the border this time, and not just the one that struck the building at UTEP.

Sounds inviting, I can't wait to go back.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:42 PM   #6
tony hipchest

my brother is a good tropper like me. what do you do in the face of a tornado or gunfire? grab a camera, get closer and try too get some good footage.

he was up to the fence separating the sidewalk from the freeway (I-10).

he got about a minute of pop shots, then the ak-47's started...

after about a minute he had to duck and run.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Nice. I'm still cracking up at the guy cooking pork rinds in his front yard. There's a twisted part of me that misses that sh*thole.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:58 PM   #8
tony hipchest

werent you lucky enough to be there during the windy season and experience the daily "brown outs"?

(kinda like white outs up north except the snow is replaced with dirt, sand, and smog- that shit actually hurts).

try going to the shopping district downtown right before the boarder bridge. its pretty much just like shopping in mexico, just not as cheap and alot more safe.

get some chicklets for a nickel. lol
Old 08-25-2010, 03:29 PM   #9
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
What we need to do is legalize drugs in the US, tax them and regulate them. Then the cartels won't have a reason to even cross the border.

Killing leaders of the cartels that are in place are just a band-aid fix and won't solve the problem at hand.
Not to mention that it teaches the gang leaders a valuable lesson: get bigger guns.

The absolute last thing the gangs want is legalization. Same for the US government. Hmmm...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:08 PM   #10
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
werent you lucky enough to be there during the windy season and experience the daily "brown outs"?

(kinda like white outs up north except the snow is replaced with dirt, sand, and smog- that shit actually hurts).
Yeah, lucky me. I was on the roof of our office building the first time one of those brown outs hit. Tried to seek relief behind a large AC unit, till I realized there's really no hiding from that wind, it seems to come from all directions. Had a lot of fun climbing down.

One other thing I noticed about that place. The drivers. They all seem to drive 5-10 miles under the speed limit, yet have absolutely zero problem pulling out in front of you from all directions. Trying to navigate some of the parking lots there was like driving bumper cars at the zoo.

And when the light turns green? Forget it. If you're not one of the first 5 cars, you're not getting through. And NO ONE honks at these people for just sitting there. I even tested it. I was first at a red light, and when it turned green, I just sat there, holding up traffic. I waited until the car in the lane next to me was a full block and a half away, and still no one honked.

A couple of the locals told me they drive slow because they're afraid of the police, but otherwise drive recklessly because that's how it's done in Mexico.

Okay, sorry for the thread hijacking,