Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-20-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Default We Need A RB

The Patriots need a RB bad. Dillon is finished I think. He helped us win a SB so he did his job. But he just can't bring it any more.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #2
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: We Need A RB

I would love to see us land Maroney who would be better suited to our O-Line - in other words breaking tackles.

It seems our O-Line is there primarily to protect TB - maybe if we can get 5 regular starters on the OL again for next year along with a healthy Corey we might see him close to '04 form.

We have tried and missed on a few lower round players in the last few years - maybe this is the year we try and pick one up in the rounds 1 or 2.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:21 PM   #3
hardwork
Banned

We don't need a great back. We need a big mudder who can get the hard yardage late in the season.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Unless our O-line improves a big guy is going to keep getting hit in the backfield for losses.

Having said that our O-Line could really step up next year if they stay healthy.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:45 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,219 Times in 2,676 Posts

sounds like jamal lewis is in order, unless you guys think you can coax j. bettis out of retirement. i dont think the browns have anyone you want. oh wait......

looks like its either r. droughns or v. haynes

j/k with that salary cap situation i say its whoever can be drafted and dillon and faulk for another year. (dillon is getting pretty expensive though huh?) dont worry, he'll take a cut.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

I fully believe Dillon will take the cut to go for another ring or two - he has experienced playing for no-hopers enough to last him three careers.

NM
Old 02-20-2006, 10:55 PM   #7
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,219 Times in 2,676 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I fully believe Dillon will take the cut to go for another ring or two - he has experienced playing for no-hopers enough to last him three careers.

NM
for sure. and dillon was rewarded with a contract extension last year and hes earned a careers worth of cash. the patriots pretty much own him. im hoping for the same situation with haynes and staley before w. parker commands the big bucks. like with the patriots t.e.'s and w.r.'s- the more you can spread it out and keep the numbers down, the less they can demand on the free market.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:04 PM   #8
hardwork
Banned

Quote:
Unless our O-line improves a big guy is going to keep getting hit in the backfield for losses.

NM
I don't agree with that. We need to be healthier in the line next year, sure, but a good hard runner would have given us a lot more then we got at the end of the season from Dillon.
Old 02-20-2006, 11:05 PM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

IM not sure bill b would put up with someone who has a past like Jailbird Jamal, but I agree, Dillon is pretty done..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 11:10 PM   #10
hardwork
Banned

Quote:

NM
Unless you know something I don't, or I'm missing your point, they have to pay Dillon what they owe him. The Patriots are locked in and no one else would take that contract on.

Last edited by hardwork; 02-20-2006 at 11:27 PM.