Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 08-26-2010, 09:05 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,952 Times in 3,010 Posts
Default Lawrence Timmons post Giants game blog

timmons blog kicks ass. lots of good info. unfortunately some of his entries are few and far inbetweeen.

last year the entire defense was trying to give that little bit of extra effort (pick up the slack) to compensate for missing 2 of its stars, it would appear they were a bit gassed in the 4th quarter.

http://www.timmons94.com/

Quote:
We beat the Giants and I thought it went well, I just wish I had taken a better angle at the quarterback when he scrambled and got that first down. For that kid to come in as a third stringer and play with the ones like he did is tough. He did a pretty good job.

I think the defense did a good job getting to the ball. Weíre all still trying to work into football shape right now. Itís preseason so weíre going to have mistakes. Weíre still getting that team camaraderie going, learning one another on the field, getting a good feel for each other so weíll be ready when the regular season starts.

Personally I feel like Iím in good shape, Iíve been working out hard with our strength and conditioning coach and itís going well. Against the Giants I played inside linebacker and in third down/nickel. I felt good that I got some pressure on the quarterback and got a little involved with the running game. The first team defense didnít have that many plays but we flew to the ball when we had the chance and I think we played very well against the run.

What you want is to stay in that first quarter mode, when youíre flying all over the place. I want to condition myself to keep that up the whole game, play every quarter like itís the first and make sure I finish strong in the fourth. Thatís definitely a must.
nice write up on his trip to canton for lebeau (and also talks about practicing inside.outside and nickel LB)-

Quote:
Coach LeBeau was inducted into the Hall of Fame and it was very special for all of us. They gave us the day off from camp so we could go see the ceremony and Iíve never been a part of anything like that before. I never thought I would know someone who is in the Hall of Fame, thatís crazy. It was a beautiful thing to be a part of it. I felt like I was watching a movie or something, it didnít seem real. Coach LeBeau and I have a good relationship, he helped me out a lot ever since my rookie year and molded me into the player I am today. Heís definitely great at what he does.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
whatdoiknow
Banned

Member Number: 16053
Default Re: Lawrence Timmons post Giants game blog

Thanks Antonio. The 3rd pre-season game is one that usually is the one where the starters play the most. Sometimes well into the late 3rd quarter. I just hope Tomlin stays true to his word and gives Dixon perhaps the whole 2nd quarter, and some of the 3rd quarter with the starters, to see what he can do. Cause IF Leftwich plays say the entire 1st half, and then lets Dixon play in the 3rd quarter, then we will ALL know that Tomlin was Lying all along when he said that the starting QB position was open during camp. Anyways, Timmons has looked pretty good and energetic so far. No worries about him. Anyways sir thanks for the story on Timmons.
whatdoiknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
sbbound
Water Boy

Member Number: 15380

At this point Timmons is a pure pass rusher who is also decent in pass coverage. What I noticed against the Giants was that during any given run play his first step is late and due to the hesitation he then gets swallowed up by blockers. I dont know if hes just lacking the experience to make the right reads off the snap or if hes just lacking the fundamental parts of the game.. Hopefully its the former. I'm usually an optimist but I'm having a hard time envisioning Timmons becoming that dominant LB.
sbbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:42 PM   #4
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727

I'm usually an optimist but I'm having a hard time envisioning Timmons becoming that dominant LB.

This has been Timmons' biggest weakness since day 1: he does not know how to shed blockers as well as say, Larry Foote (who is awesome in run support). He is getting better, but we will see how he does this year with another season of experience under his belt.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatdoiknow View Post
Thanks Antonio. The 3rd pre-season game is one that usually is the one where the starters play the most. Sometimes well into the late 3rd quarter. I just hope Tomlin stays true to his word and gives Dixon perhaps the whole 2nd quarter, and some of the 3rd quarter with the starters, to see what he can do. Cause IF Leftwich plays say the entire 1st half, and then lets Dixon play in the 3rd quarter, then we will ALL know that Tomlin was Lying all along when he said that the starting QB position was open during camp. Anyways, Timmons has looked pretty good and energetic so far. No worries about him. Anyways sir thanks for the story on Timmons.

As we see Tomlin was not Lying because Dixon will get the Start this weekend.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote