Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 08-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #1
SteelCityMom

Member Number:
Default Glen Beck Rally

From King to Beck: Big rally at Lincoln Memorial

WASHINGTON Glenn Beck says it's just a coincidence his Restoring Honor rally on Saturday at the Lincoln Memorial will take place on the anniversary and at the site of Martin Luther King Jr.'s famous "I Have a Dream" speech. Civil rights veterans are skeptical.

"This is going to be a moment that you'll never be able to paint people as haters, racists, none of it," Beck says of the event featuring Sarah Palin and other conservative political and cultural figures. "This is a moment, quite honestly, that I think we reclaim the civil rights movement."

"When we heard about Glenn Beck, it was puzzling," the Rev. Al Sharpton said. "Because if you read Dr. King's speech, it just doesn't gel with what Mr. Beck or Mrs. Palin are representing."

Beck, a popular figure among tea party activists and a polarizing Fox News Channel personality, is headlining the event, and Palin, the 2008 Republican vice presidential nominee and a potential 2012 president candidate, will be a prominent speaker. But Beck told his television audience again on Thursday that it's not about politics.

The event's website says the rally is to pay tribute to America's military personnel and others "who embody our nation's founding principles of integrity, truth and honor." It also is to promote the Special Operations Warrior Foundation, which provides scholarships and services to family members of military members.

The website urges citizens to attend and "help us restore the values that founded this great nation."

"The 8-28 rally is supposedly is about 'reclaiming the civil rights movement,' but it is being led by someone whose idea of a racist is the president of the United States," said Jess Levin, a spokesman for the liberal Media Matters for America. "This rally is about one thing and one thing only. And that's promoting Beck's political agenda."

more here...http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100826/...lly_glenn_beck

Old 08-27-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976
Default Re: Glen Beck Rally

Glenn Beck is reclaiming the civil rights movement! You go Glenn!
Old 08-27-2010, 03:50 PM   #3
Stinky Fred
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16387

Rumor has it that Mrs King will be speaking.
Stinky Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Fred View Post
Rumor has it that Mrs King will be speaking.
I heard that too, whether it's true or not I'm not sure.

I never saw it as a racist thing though...just thought it was a funny way to put it. Made me think of this.

"It's cool, I'm takin' it back"

Last edited by SteelCityMom; 08-27-2010 at 04:22 PM.