Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-23-2006, 07:31 PM   #1
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811
Default Johnson Rips Steelers Jersey

From ESPN Uni Watch...

Bengals WR Chad Johnson recently appeared on the Howard Stern Show and was asked, "Don't you think your team has an ugly uniform?" To which Johnson replied, "Actually, our team has the best uniforms. Who else has stripes on their helmet? That stands out more than anybody else." He also opined that the Steelers look "so 1920-ish." Johnson's entitled to his opinions, but Uni Watch humbly suggests that he isn't exactly in a position to be making aesthetic pronouncements (with thanks to Vince Vincenzo). …

Link... http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e=lukas/060214

Last edited by SteelerDan43; 02-23-2006 at 07:38 PM.
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
SteelerDan43
Banned
Supporter

Location: From Pittsburgh, currently going to school in Rochester
Member Number: 811
Default Re: Johnson Rips Steelers Jersey

Also fun tid bit of info from Uni Watch... Because of the Steelers logo patch we were the first team to wear the Superbowl patch on the other side... Same Link
SteelerDan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Actually, it's important to consider the point of view...Chad Johnson has all gold teeth, which, at least in my book, pretty much equates to covering your furniture with plastic...but people with plastic covered furniture think it looks good. Who's right? Who's wrong?

All I know is that the VAST majority of people don't have gold teeth, don't cover their furniture in plastic, and don't cheer for teams with ugly-assed tiger stripes on their helmets.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 08:50 PM   #4
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

a kid in one of my classes has a couple gold teeth, which obviously made me think of Chad. I don't understand the purpose. whatever floats your boat I guess...

oh and on him ripping on the Steelers jerseys, saying they're "1920-ish"...the Steelers are a classic team. we're not out to be flashy or attract attention for anything other than the way we play football. I guess some people just need crazy helmets or gold teeth for attention
Old 02-23-2006, 09:59 PM   #5
steelers07
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerDan43
From ESPN Uni Watch...

Bengals WR Chad Johnson recently appeared on the Howard Stern Show and was asked, "Don't you think your team has an ugly uniform?" To which Johnson replied, "Actually, our team has the best uniforms. Who else has stripes on their helmet? That stands out more than anybody else." He also opined that the Steelers look "so 1920-ish." Johnson's entitled to his opinions, but Uni Watch humbly suggests that he isn't exactly in a position to be making aesthetic pronouncements (with thanks to Vince Vincenzo). ?

Oh my heavens!! He really needs a mirror check!! The bengals look like they are dressing up for halloween during football season! Chad Johson needs to get a life he is just pissed that we beat the shit outta his team! Since he can't comment on our game because he knows we are a better team! The only thing he can state is about our uniform!! MUAHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA! I'll take that along with a side order of shut the **** up!!
Old 02-23-2006, 10:25 PM   #6
bigbensrose
Water Boy

Location: The body resides in VA but the heart is in Pittsburgh!!!!
Member Number: 2045

Well Chad........Like they say.......Better to ACT stupid than to open your mouth and PROVE it.
bigbensrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:43 PM   #7
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerDan43
From ESPN Uni Watch...

Bengals WR Chad Johnson recently appeared on the Howard Stern Show and was asked, "Don't you think your team has an ugly uniform?" To which Johnson replied, "Actually, our team has the best uniforms. Who else has stripes on their helmet? That stands out more than anybody else." He also opined that the Steelers look "so 1920-ish." Johnson's entitled to his opinions, but Uni Watch humbly suggests that he isn't exactly in a position to be making aesthetic pronouncements (with thanks to Vince Vincenzo). ?

I think you have to be a bengals fan to like the uniforms. I personally like them...of course I like outrageous things. The old jerseys I didn't like so much, but the new ones are nice. The white ones are pretty sharp and the orange ones are pretty entertaining. It was funny when we were playing a game near halloween and we were wearing the orange jerseys, the commentators kept saying that the offensive linemen looked like big pumpkins.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:50 PM   #8
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832

Although i will NEVER wear one, they are good jerseys and they cant match with a lot of things. The thing with me is that I wear jerseys according to the sport and not its fashion. Just ask the "fans" that aft the divisional round had a plax jersey on and another one bought a randle el jersey. Not smart my friend.

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 03:23 PM   #9
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

I buy my jerseys according to the team,and sometimes a certain player that I really like.Otherwise,you'll only see me wearing jerseys of my favorite teams,not whatever jersey is popular.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 06:53 PM   #10
Motley Nate
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 735

I own a fair amount of jerseys, however they are usually relegated to my favorite player or team. I'm trying to collect each style of Lebron James jerseys available as a collector's-type of deal. I own various Chad, Carson, Odell and Rudi jerseys. Tack in a few Ohio State jerseys and a few of the remaining Indians jerseys I have left.

I like the Bengals jerseys, mostly because I'm a fan. I prefer the orange jersey / black pant or all white. Worst jersey BY FAR in the NFL are the Baltimore Ravens jerseys. The Seahawks also have a tradition of horrid jerseys. Not a big fan of the Dolphins jerseys either.