Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-03-2010, 04:11 AM   #1
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Steelers Bradshaw wished he didnít play for Pittsburgh

Former Pittsburgh Steelers great QB Terry Bradshaw was giving the keynote speech at the AdvoCare Independence Bowl Kickoff luncheon and he said a mouthful about the state of the game and players playing the game today but he told the Louisiana crowd that ďI would do it all over again; I wish I didnít have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls-how cool would that have been?Ē Bradshaw also held up New Orleans Saints QB Drew Brees as being a great quarterback in the NFL.

Bradshaw said of Drew Brees, ďHeís Joe Montana-the perfect height and poised beyond his size. Heís a great guy. Heís stayed the same. I can get in touch with Drew tonight. If he doesnít answer the phone heíll call me back. I appreciate that.Ē

Connectivity must be an issue with Bradshaw because he spoke of a few big named quarterbacks in his speech and their disconnect with indivduals in the media, mainly Brett Favre and Peyton Manning. Bradshaw, who was a longtime supporter of Kiln Mississippi native Brett Favre, was pretty harsh about the media hype surrounding his retirement/un-retirement over the past few years. ďI donít know who that guy is. You kiss his ass long enough, thatís what happens.Ē Ouch.

He even threw New Orleans native Peyton Manning under the bus, ďOnce they start becoming stars-Favre, Manning- itís hard to get to them. Before that you can get to them, but then they are protected and you lose your contacts. Youíll never see them here giving speeches.Ē

Yes, Bradshaw has accomplished something that none of the quarterbacks he mentioned have done, he has quarterbacked 4 Super Bowl teams. An amazing feat which will be difficult to repeat in todayís game. But I was very surprised to read his comments about Brett Favre. I agree with Bradshaw, donít get me wrong, but I was shocked to read those comments attributed to Bradshaw who has supported him for a very long time.

Bradshaw did also mention that he hoped the league would not shorten the 6 game suspension on Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger. He was on a roll today, and sometimes itís very refreshing to hear these things.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:01 AM   #2
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037
Default Re: Steelers Bradshaw wished he didnít play for Pittsburgh

The ole gunslinger is still firing from the hip. ( I am probably not going to get much love for this but here goes)

Its a shame people cant just be happy with the legacy that they already have. Why always feeling the need to somehow stay relevant.

If I had 4 SB rings I would be happy to sit back and cast a few well chosen words and honour the game that made me.

I am a golfing tragic and I just look at the way a Jack Nicklaus or Arnold Palmer put the game before themselves. Why cant this be the same with QB's???
Old 09-03-2010, 05:18 AM   #3
ricardisimo
Administrator

Member Number: 15369

I've never doubted Noll's assessment of Bradshaw: none too bright.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:19 AM   #4
Aussie_steeler
Head Coach

Member Number: 5037

Did the dimmer switch get stuck on low??
Old 09-03-2010, 05:26 AM   #5
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I've never doubted Noll's assessment of Bradshaw: none too bright.
I'm not so sure about that, the guy's parlayed his Lil Abner routine into one helluva good living since he hung up his cleats.

I think Terry's biggest problem is that he's too needy of approval, and as a result of that he tends to play up to the audience that he's in front of at any given time.
Old 09-03-2010, 05:30 AM   #6
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

What a douchey thing to say. He used to whine and moan about all the crap people flung at him, and now he's just doing the same. Glass houses Terry, glass houses.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:34 AM   #7
tucker6
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12833

I guess there's a reason why we have the saying, "better to be silent and thought a fool ...". Terry's meds must be running low. The only part of his rant I agree with is the Favre part. Brett is a primadonna. Peyton has always been low key, even when he was having his head handed to him his first year. If Peyton doesn't want the limelight, good for him.

Just shut up Terry. We luv ya, but shut up.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:15 AM   #8
joeyssteelcurtain
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 11092

I am sorry to say but Terry would of not won those superbowls with our great D

"I'm BLACK and GOLD until I'm dead and cold"
joeyssteelcurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
Former Pittsburgh Steelers great QB Terry Bradshaw was giving the keynote speech at the AdvoCare Independence Bowl Kickoff luncheon and he said a mouthful about the state of the game and players playing the game today but he told the Louisiana crowd that “I would do it all over again; I wish I didn’t have to play for Pittsburgh. I wish I could have played down here and won some Super Bowls-how cool would that have been?” .
Yeah right Terry, like you really would have won some Super Bowls with the Saints back then
Old 09-03-2010, 09:12 AM   #10
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyssteelcurtain View Post
I am sorry to say but Terry would of not won those superbowls with our great D

So True Had Terry been on New Orleans team he would not even be mentioned as one the great QB's. He should also thank Joe Gilliam for getting hooked on Drugs, if not for that Terry would not have gotten his shot.

Terry your Super Bowls are because of the Steelers.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote