Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-06-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635
Default Whisenhunt Has More Clout Than Tomlin

Have you guys noticed who got an extension 1st? Wiz did. Have you noticed that Whisenhunt has talked management into the sweet Black uniforms? I have ALWAYS wanted the Steelers to come out in black Jerseys with Black pants. I think its intimidating look will go good with our team. I wonder if Tomlin has ever proposed anything like this to management? Perhaps management turned it down, who knows. I'm not saying that Wiz is a better coach because he coaches in a cream puff division. I'm just saying that he has more control over his team and he is a disciplinarian and I love that. I wouldnt call Tomlin a players coach but he doesnt rule with the iron fist that I like. Although, when you go to a live Steeler game you certainly get a different perspective. Tomlin is chest bumping with Ben, Ike, Polamalu, Potsie. He really interacts well with the team. I love seeing that. The TV never captures any of that stuff and I think it hurts his reputation.
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:58 AM   #2
Wallace108

Member Number:
Default Re: Whisenhunt Has More Clout Than Tomlin

Here's all that matters ...
Lombardis:

Tomlin: 1
Whisenhunt : 0

I don't care about the color of the pants or the reputations. I care about the championships.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:14 AM   #3
wyn50
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8941

Ditto that
wyn50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:28 AM   #4
Downbylaw
Banned

Duh, thats why I made the statement that Wiz is not the better coach. Read up before you disagree. Maybe I should post STEELERS ARE GREAT. Wonder if you will oppose me then LOL
Old 09-06-2010, 03:34 AM   #5
Wallace108

Member Number:

Dude, you need to lighten up just a bit. You're taking yourself way too seriously.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:41 AM   #6
Downbylaw
Banned

Or maybe YOU are. If you think Tomlin has more clout than Wiz you are wrong. The Steelers are a proud organization who have a tradition of winning. The cards have habitually sucked. In comes Wiz and takes them to the SB. That has done wonders for his rep inside that organization. Even though he lost, its a win to a losing organization. Why do you think he didnt get any flack for releasing Leinart? Heck the owner would let Wiz sleep with his wife. Just saying he has more clout. If you disagree then thats fine.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:46 AM   #7
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Wiz took a losing team and made them constant winners....Tomlin took a team already stacked....It's subjective ....We are used to Cowher, Tomlin is more Noll...I like the Cowher approach better too. I guess as long as we win!
Old 09-06-2010, 03:50 AM   #8
California-Steel
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downbylaw View Post
Have you guys noticed who got an extension 1st? Wiz did. Have you noticed that Whisenhunt has talked management into the sweet Black uniforms? I have ALWAYS wanted the Steelers to come out in black Jerseys with Black pants. I think its intimidating look will go good with our team. I wonder if Tomlin has ever proposed anything like this to management? Perhaps management turned it down, who knows. I'm not saying that Wiz is a better coach because he coaches in a cream puff division. I'm just saying that he has more control over his team and he is a disciplinarian and I love that. I wouldnt call Tomlin a players coach but he doesnt rule with the iron fist that I like. Although, when you go to a live Steeler game you certainly get a different perspective. Tomlin is chest bumping with Ben, Ike, Polamalu, Potsie. He really interacts well with the team. I love seeing that. The TV never captures any of that stuff and I think it hurts his reputation.
You sound young. How old are you? What does you post even mean?
Old 09-06-2010, 03:53 AM   #9
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downbylaw View Post
Or maybe YOU are. If you think Tomlin has more clout than Wiz you are wrong. The Steelers are a proud organization who have a tradition of winning. The cards have habitually sucked. In comes Wiz and takes them to the SB. That has done wonders for his rep inside that organization. Even though he lost, its a win to a losing organization. Why do you think he didnt get any flack for releasing Leinart? Heck the owner would let Wiz sleep with his wife. Just saying he has more clout. If you disagree then thats fine.
So you're saying Whisenhunt has more clout with a traditional loser in Bidwill than Tomlin has with a traditional winner in Rooney?

I'd rather my coach have no clout but win Super Bowls than have a lot of clout and have an empty trophy case.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 AM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 2,672 Times in 1,156 Posts

my dog could kick your dogs ass ....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote