Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-06-2010, 02:52 AM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default 5 Steeler thoughts

1. No to Willie Parker-I just saw a weird sight of Porter and Hagans chasing after Parker...and they caught him. He's not so fast anymore. I also saw the rookie second round pick from Arizona tackle Parker by himself with nobody around. Parker is not so tough either. I like what we have.

2. Forget about Revis- From time to time I think about how the Jets jumped in front of us and grabbed Revis one pick before our pick and I remember the great things Tomlin was saying about him. Now that I see that he is getting 11.5 million a year (46 mil/4 years), I think if we had him we wouldn't be able to afford other players. What would you pay Troy? I'll stop saying "What if?" from now on.

3. Tomlin is classy If it turns out that they start Batch, then that means Tomlin has been observing Dixon not quite making the mark but didn't want to embarrass him to the media. He doesn't throw his players under the bus like Parcels used to do.

4. Forget Urbik -Some are making a deal that he was snatched up quickly and that there were like 5 teams interested. Who cares? We had the best chance to observe him. We didn't like what we saw. Now the bills will get their chance to observe. Unless he is starting for the Bills by next year and makes the Pro-bowl that year, I will never regret the decision.

5. Ravens are beatable with Dixon and the spread offense -Dixon is fast enough to run. Skip the RB. Go with no huddle and 5 WR. The Ravens are already weak at CB and Ed Reed is on PUP. So now you have the (dime) 3rd and 4th best CBs on a weak Raven CB team playing man along with Reeds back up.

Why use the 5th WR instead of the great Miller? Speed. A SS or back up FS trying to guard a WR one on one is a mismatch with an advantage to the WR.

If everyone is covered, Dixon runs. I guess they must play zone all day....good for Dixon Runs.
SteelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351
Default Re: 5 Steeler thoughts

1...Parker may be slower, but Porter and Haggins must have had the angle.
2...Revis is worth every cent
3...Tomlin has not had any faith in him since day 1
4....The big deal is it is another blown pick at a position of need
5...I like the 5 wideout thought...But the QB has to be able to throw and read a D.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:40 AM   #3
SteelKnight
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
1...Parker may be slower, but Porter and Haggins must have had the angle.
2...Revis is worth every cent
3...Tomlin has not had any faith in him since day 1
4....The big deal is it is another blown pick at a position of need
5...I like the 5 wideout thought...But the QB has to be able to throw and read a D.
Yeah...he was running to the sideline. Another player actually made the tackle but the old FWP would hve been gone.

Revis may be worth that to the Jets but it would not work on our team. How much would you pay Troy once you give the CB that kind of money? Because of the deal they offered Revis, they will lose players in the future who want big money and because they caved in, other players will old hout on them.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:53 AM   #4
SteelKnight
Team President

Here are the Ravens CBs. Keep in mind that Foxworth, one of their starting CBs was placed on IR so their 4th CB is really their 5th in the dime.

Washington, Fabian 31 CB 5-11 175 27 5 Nebraska
Carr, Chris 25 CB 5-10 182 27 6 Boise State
Webb, Lardarius 21 CB 5-10 182 24 2 Nicholls State
Miller, Prince 22 CB 5-8 198 22 Rookie Georgia
Williams, Cary 29 CB 6-1 182 25 2 Washburn
Wilson, Josh CB 5-9 192 25 4 Maryland

I'd like to see these guys cover Sanders and Brown.

The Air will be the way to beat the Ravens...not the ground.