Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-25-2006, 08:08 PM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Some Balance on Iraq

Did You Know??
Of course you didn't know. How could you?

Did you know that 47 countries have reestablished their embassies in Iraq?

Did you know that the Iraqi government currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?

Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation, 263 schools are under construction and 38 new schools have been built.

Did you know that Iraq's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes or colleges and 4 research centers, all currently operating?

Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational?! They have 5-100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval infantry regiment.

Did you know that Iraq's Air Force consists of three operational squadrons, which includes 9 reconnaissance and 3 US C-130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night, and will soon add 16 UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers?

Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?

Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers?

Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers each 8 weeks?

Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq? They include 364 schools, 67 public clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 water facilities and 69 electrical facilities.

Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?

Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?

Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?

Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and 10 television stations?

Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?

Look around - the media isn't telling you much....
http://www.defenselink.mil/multimedia/
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:16 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,179 Times in 3,487 Posts
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

how much will that all cost us and how long until its used against us in the future? i like people all around the world, and really would wish no race, culture or country harm, but especially us americans.

i hope all those schools weve built arent used as tools to spread the hatred of western civilization and terrorist breeding grounds (that would be kind of counter-productive).
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:27 PM   #3
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

We did several things by taking the war to them. The best example is now we have a well established base right next to Iran.

If we get into this, I want to establish quickly that I will never respond or answer silly anti-war posts. The human animal fights just like any other animal. The US has been and still is the least aggressive World power in the entire history of the World.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
We did several things by taking the war to them. The best example is now we have a well established base right next to Iran.

The US has been and still is the least aggressive World power in the entire history of the World.
that base next to iran is great unless we are cutting our forces, having problems recruiting, grounding our stealths, selling the raptors etc. as i have said, jet noise is the sound of freedom. i love america flexing its muscle more than anyone. i am as pro military as anyone (although a registered democrat) lets just make sure we get something out of it (the war effort) rather than spending ourselves into a deficit just to pour our $$$ into other countries economies and financial, and educational well being. those 10 iraqi tv stations are great and i bet they are having a field day showing bode millers fine representations of the u.s. along with the rest of their hate filled propoganda. nice to see with all the money we have poured in there they are on the brink of civil war.

i am a firm believer in carpe diem and manifest destiny. to bad that is no longer the american way. in my opinion gas should be costing us about 90 cents a gallon right about now.

i freely state my viewpoints on these subjects but rarely argue or debate them. the earths muslim and christian/ jew population is headed for a big ordeal. one none of us can really imagine. to debate it is kind of moot. its pretty hard to stop a runaway train.
Old 02-25-2006, 08:52 PM   #5
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
how much will that all cost us and how long until its used against us in the future? i like people all around the world, and really would wish no race, culture or country harm, but especially us americans.

i hope all those schools weve built arent used as tools to spread the hatred of western civilization and terrorist breeding grounds (that would be kind of counter-productive).
About $100,000 per minute per American citizen
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #6
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim

If we get into this, I want to establish quickly that I will never respond or answer silly anti-war posts. The human animal fights just like any other animal. The US has been and still is the least aggressive World power in the entire history of the World.
Did we take the war to them, or deliver them an easier way to kill Americans? If we can't control a country the size of Iraq how could we possibly handle one four times the size of Iraq, with a much larger population?
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #7
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

I guess the media doesn't tell you much after all

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:39 PM   #8
tony hipchest

pardon my cynicism but maybe having a base so close to iran will lead to some great business opportunities such as security at our nuclear facilities. maybe even at sandia labs. maybe we can outscource to the iranians to protect our borders with mexico, or transport radioactive materials to the WIPP site.

weve had bases in kuwait and saudi arabia for years. how much more beneficial is having one in iraq? especially when we are under the guise that we are trying to get out of iraq? i am one for war but ONLY if its done correctly and efficiently. wouldnt it have been much more efficient to complete the job correctly in 1991?
Old 02-25-2006, 09:44 PM   #9
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Is Irag a totally different issue? Why are there still thousands of people living in tents while still waiting for FEMA trailers to live in? I think this last fall and winter should show all of us that our country can not seem to take care of its' own, here at home. SAD.

I really wish I knew why. It took us a quick call of the house and senate and Iraq had 87 billion dollars allocated for the war......why can't we do the same for every single person who lost during the hurricanes? Why are our people living in tents?

Just an observation.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:49 PM   #10
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn
Is Irag a totally different issue? Why are there still thousands of people living in tents while still waiting for FEMA trailers to live in? I think this last fall and winter should show all of us that our country can not seem to take care of its' own, here at home. SAD.

I really wish I knew why. It took us a quick call of the house and senate and Iraq had 87 billion dollars allocated for the war......why can't we do the same for every single person who lost during the hurricanes? Why are our people living in tents?

Just an observation.
there are thousands of trailors sitting around there that wont be released for inhabitation thanks to the red tape involved. america must afraid of being ripped off by americans in need. or maybe theres just not enough money to be made by the elite, by housing these people.