Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2006, 01:21 AM   #11
augustashark
Assistant Coach
 
augustashark's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,432
Member Number: 900
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
there are thousands of trailors sitting around there that wont be released for inhabitation thanks to the red tape involved. america must afraid of being ripped off by americans in need. or maybe theres just not enough money to be made by the elite, by housing these people.

First of all, they are called mobile homes....Better yet manufactured housing! The red tape you speak about has always been there. I don't agree with most of the red tape, but it does have its reasons..
__________________
LOS MOLINO.
augustashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 07:06 AM   #12
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

Im so happy for the wonderful people of Iraq who just love us so much. Im sure they'll be the first people to stick by us in a crisis since we've established such a solid democracy there. In the meantime our military is stretched out beyond belief, Iran and North Korea are more dangerous than ever, our own schools and infrastructure is falling apart, our borders still arent secure, and the ports will run by Arabs. And like early Vietnam, say 1965 or 1966, many people cant bring themselves to see the common sense of what the situation is because to do so would admit maybe those thousands of brave, wonderful, young men and women who have been killed or wounded, died for a cause more related to politics and money than for "freedom".
But the neo-conservatives paint anyone who says this as being against "fighting terrorism" or "forgetting 9/11". Far from the truth. the real fight agaisnst terrorism is in Afganistan,Iran,N.Korea,Syria, and yes, Saudi Arabia. But we have rich interests there so that edict of "any country who harbors terrorists.." is hollow indeed. Iraq was a safe scapegoat because we had no interests there. Yet.
On 9/12 the borders should have been closed, the ports seized (i mean, if we really at war, dont ya think?"), and we should have done what Reagan would have done. Found a nice big empty area of Arabian desert and dropped an H-Bomb as a warning to all. Reagan NEVER would have gotten into this kind of futile land war. He believed in peace through strength and intimidation. Not sending our troops into situations like this.
So its propaganda when you hear this crap about "support the troops", as if, if you are against this kind of war in Iraq you are somehow "against the troops". Bullshit. its just the opposite. We needed to fight terrorism and go to war. But not where we did, why we did.

Arabs hate us and always will. Muslims want us dead. period. they want Israel dead. period. Any real conservative knows this. Any real Christian knows what the Prophesies and Revelation have to say about Israel and Gods love for it.

George W. Bush, the Christian President, should know hes not changing Iraq into America the second. But GW is listening to money and oil. Hes not deliberatly trying to harm anything, hes just terribly misguided and hes got himself and the country in way way too deep. Unfortunatly, he wont and cant learn from another President from Texas that its insane to "stay they course" and kill thousands of americans because we dont want to look
bad. Only the long range damage from this will be much worse than the mistake of 40 years ago.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #13
luvmysteelers
Draft Prospect
 
luvmysteelers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beaver County, PA
Posts: 149
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

Considering that there is at least one deployed GI that frequents this forum, I think this is a disgusting post to have on here for him to read. Nice way to show appreciation for our military, and the job they do.

Suitanim, thank you for posting what you did at the beginning!! Our media won't tell you these things, because good news doesn't sell. Too bad things got taken so out of context, and this turned into another opportunity to bash our government. Most people are so worried about bashing Bush that they can't see the good things that we have accomplished in Iraq. And yes, there have been good things. Is it going smoothly? No. Is it over as fast as we hoped? Of course not. But we can't just pull out of there now and leave it the way it is. It's not a feasible answer.

Our military IS stretched thin, but the majority of our troops believe in their mission, and the reason we are in Iraq. (yes, I know first hand, I have many friends in the military) There will always be a few who don't, but that's one of the great things about being an American.

Forgive my ranting, this is just something very close to my heart! The soldiers do hear about our negativity, and it lowers morale. It also fuels the fire for those that wish us harm, and validates their efforts to bring us down. Why not redirect our attention into supporting our troops and making their deployments a little easier.
luvmysteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 08:29 PM   #14
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmysteelers
Considering that there is at least one deployed GI that frequents this forum, I think this is a disgusting post to have on here for him to read. Nice way to show appreciation for our military, and the job they do.

Suitanim, thank you for posting what you did at the beginning!! Our media won't tell you these things, because good news doesn't sell. Too bad things got taken so out of context, and this turned into another opportunity to bash our government. Most people are so worried about bashing Bush that they can't see the good things that we have accomplished in Iraq. And yes, there have been good things. Is it going smoothly? No. Is it over as fast as we hoped? Of course not. But we can't just pull out of there now and leave it the way it is. It's not a feasible answer.

Our military IS stretched thin, but the majority of our troops believe in their mission, and the reason we are in Iraq. (yes, I know first hand, I have many friends in the military) There will always be a few who don't, but that's one of the great things about being an American.

Forgive my ranting, this is just something very close to my heart! The soldiers do hear about our negativity, and it lowers morale. It also fuels the fire for those that wish us harm, and validates their efforts to bring us down. Why not redirect our attention into supporting our troops and making their deployments a little easier.

Thank you for proving my point considering the neo-conservative progaganda. You see?
Dare talk turkey about the policy and its "I think this is a disgusting post to have on here for him to read. Nice way to show appreciation for our military, and the job they do."

Get this through your head, criticizing Bush or the War in Iraq does equal criticizing the military or the troops. That is crap that the Government shoves into people brains over and over and over again to insulate itself from any criticism.

Gee, im sorry but its better to rethink a war and save thousands of lives than to keep doing the wrong thing just to not hurt anyones feelings. Should nobody have spoken up about Vietnam in 1966 to make "their deployments a little easier"?
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:36 AM   #15
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter
 
Suitanim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Posts: 6,086
Gender: Male
Member Number: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

All I said was "Some balance"...I forgot "No positive news comes from Iraq".

Quote:
Get this through your head, criticizing Bush or the War in Iraq does equal criticizing the military or the troops. That is crap that the Government shoves into people brains over and over and over again to insulate itself from any criticism.
This is my very favorite argument...it makes no sense at all. Yeah, troops, we support you, but not your mission, which is the very reason for your existence, to fulfill your mission...the same mission we don't support.

Anyway, sorry for saying that anything positive was happening in Iraq...The new season of the Apprentice starts tonight...who wants pie?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 07:44 PM   #16
3 to be 4
Team Owner
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: a delightful Kansas City Suburb
Posts: 2,642
Gender: Male
Member Number: 992
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
All I said was "Some balance"...I forgot "No positive news comes from Iraq".



This is my very favorite argument...it makes no sense at all. Yeah, troops, we support you, but not your mission, which is the very reason for your existence, to fulfill your mission...the same mission we don't support.

Anyway, sorry for saying that anything positive was happening in Iraq...The new season of the Apprentice starts tonight...who wants pie?

talk about simplicity. Fine. Say the President rounds up 100,000 soldiers, and sends them to the moon on a suicide mission to look for Green Cheese. If I say, gee, thats a stupid mission, I think its a waste of the soldiers valuable lives, in your mind, im not supporting the troops.
Fine.
the President is never wrong. Our government is never wrong. Anything they say I will go along with because they say so, THERE, im supporting the troops.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #17
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter
 
Suitanim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Posts: 6,086
Gender: Male
Member Number: 591
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

That argument would work in Bizarro World, but not in the US. The troops aren't stupid, and that's probably the biggest mistake the far left continues to make...they not only know what they are doing, they also understand the nuances and subtleties of their mission, and how delicate the balance is back home. By advancing retarded "Suicide Mission" scenario's to make a political point, you not only show your lack of support for the troops, you also show how out of touch you actually are with the average trooper in the US military.

The rest of this nonsense is just that...the President is often wrong. They ALL were...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:45 PM   #18
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach
 
Cape Cod Steel Head's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cape Cod MA.
Posts: 1,325
Gender: Male
Member Number: 545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

And Bush is wrong more often than he's right. I whole heartedly support the troops. They don't get to pick the missions this idiot sends them on. They have a job to do regardless of what their personal feelings may be. That being said it is possible to support the troops and not this inane war!
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:49 AM   #19
luvmysteelers
Draft Prospect
 
luvmysteelers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Beaver County, PA
Posts: 149
Gender: Female
Member Number: 1230
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
That argument would work in Bizarro World, but not in the US. The troops aren't stupid, and that's probably the biggest mistake the far left continues to make...they not only know what they are doing, they also understand the nuances and subtleties of their mission, and how delicate the balance is back home. By advancing retarded "Suicide Mission" scenario's to make a political point, you not only show your lack of support for the troops, you also show how out of touch you actually are with the average trooper in the US military.
I couldn't have said it better myself, Suit. Thank you!

And 3 to be 4, yes, it is criticizing the troops when you constantly say "this war is stupid, we should just leave Iraq, we had no business being there, etc, etc." The troops know why they are there, and they believe in and support their mission. Honestly, I couldn't care less if you like George Bush or not..I still sleep at night regardless of YOUR view of our government. But it's too late to "rethink" the war now, we have to finish the job that we started. Get over it!
luvmysteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:25 PM   #20
SteelerzGirl
Banned
 
SteelerzGirl's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Steelers Country!
Posts: 2,099
Gender: Female
Member Number: 689
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head
And Bush is wrong more often than he's right. I whole heartedly support the troops. They don't get to pick the missions this idiot sends them on. They have a job to do regardless of what their personal feelings may be. That being said it is possible to support the troops and not this inane war!
I agree, CapeCod. I support our troops in many ways by sending care packages, etc. But I don't have to like war, and I don't have to like George W. Now where were those WMD again?
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts