Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 02-28-2006, 05:35 PM   #21
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

Great work Suit, but the whole deal still scares me. Maybe Colin Powell was right, if we break it we own it! And it seems as if we own it! Civil War and all. Not to mention the dollars being spent! I`m all for world peace, but at what price! We could have rebuilt Lousiana three time for the kind of money spent over there. We could have stop the the starving here. To raise money for over in Iraq, raise the import taxes, and use only that money!
Old 02-28-2006, 05:40 PM   #22
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
All I said was "Some balance"...I forgot "No positive news comes from Iraq".

This is my very favorite argument...it makes no sense at all. Yeah, troops, we support you, but not your mission, which is the very reason for your existence, to fulfill your mission...the same mission we don't support.

Anyway, sorry for saying that anything positive was happening in Iraq...The new season of the Apprentice starts tonight...who wants pie?
Myself I`m glad to hear the positives in Iraq, i would hate to see all our money going to waste. I know Bush takes a ton of heat for Iraq, and its good to see that things are looking up for some!
Old 02-28-2006, 08:00 PM   #23
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmysteelers
I couldn't have said it better myself, Suit. Thank you!

And 3 to be 4, yes, it is criticizing the troops when you constantly say "this war is stupid, we should just leave Iraq, we had no business being there, etc, etc." The troops know why they are there, and they believe in and support their mission. Honestly, I couldn't care less if you like George Bush or not..I still sleep at night regardless of YOUR view of our government. But it's too late to "rethink" the war now, we have to finish the job that we started. Get over it!

You know, its amazing how you and Suit know that every single one of the troops think this is the right thing. That none of them were honorable enough to fight and die for their country even though they disagreed with the President. We were so fortunate none of them had to be faced with that. 100% of them all agree. Its truly amazing. And even more amazing how you guys know exactly how they all feel.

By the way, no kidding we cant just pull out of the war. Because of Bush we are effen stuck in the situation for as far as the eye can see. I love that arguement too. You cant say Bush was wrong because we cant pull out now. Or, Bush was right because look at all the terrorists that are in Baghdad NOW. Hello!!!!!!! We are stuck in this for a long long time because our President goofed. And Iraq wasnt a HUGE threat before, but they sure are a hotbed of terrorists NOW,not to mention a rallying cry for recruitment around the world,NOW. Because the President goofed, when he should have been standing up to the Saudis, Iran, and N.Korea, he instead used up our goodwill to go after a scapegoat that has stuck us in a nightmare situation that we have to finish
This hardly puts him up on Mount Rushmore.

Ooops, did i just not "Support the Troops"? After his Presidency is over, whats Bush going to do when he's criticized about anything?
Laura: George, you forgot to take out the trash
GW: You're not supporting the troops! You've forgotten 9/11 ! You're not supporting the troops! You've forgotten 9/11 !!
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:24 PM   #24
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
Considering that there is at least one deployed GI that frequents this forum, I think this is a disgusting post to have on here for him to read. Nice way to show appreciation for our military, and the job they do.

Suitanim, thank you for posting what you did at the beginning!! Our media won't tell you these things, because good news doesn't sell. Too bad things got taken so out of context, and this turned into another opportunity to bash our government. Most people are so worried about bashing Bush that they can't see the good things that we have accomplished in Iraq. And yes, there have been good things. Is it going smoothly? No. Is it over as fast as we hoped? Of course not. But we can't just pull out of there now and leave it the way it is. It's not a feasible answer.

Our military IS stretched thin, but the majority of our troops believe in their mission, and the reason we are in Iraq. (yes, I know first hand, I have many friends in the military) There will always be a few who don't, but that's one of the great things about being an American.

Forgive my ranting, this is just something very close to my heart! The soldiers do hear about our negativity, and it lowers morale. It also fuels the fire for those that wish us harm, and validates their efforts to bring us down. Why not redirect our attention into supporting our troops and making their deployments a little easier.
As a Desert Storm Vet of 1991, we heared the same over there. But we didn't look bad on anybody that was against the War. We knew were over there to do a job, and we did it. Maybe we should have finished it while we there in the first place. And the negativity that we heared, did not lower our morale. You didn't have time to let it register. you moved on.

I'm sure there is good things going on over there, as there was the first time we were there. Nobody is saying the other. The Middle East will always hate us, like it was said earlier, we can not just push democracy on them. It will never happen, we will be over there for a long time. And, if GW feels so strongly about this war, and for all of his congressman that also do, why will they not send there own daughters and sons over?
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 08:38 PM   #25
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life
As a Desert Storm Vet of 1991, we heared the same over there. But we didn't look bad on anybody that was against the War. We knew were over there to do a job, and we did it. Maybe we should have finished it while we there in the first place. And the negativity that we heared, did not lower our morale. You didn't have time to let it register. you moved on.

I'm sure there is good things going on over there, as there was the first time we were there. Nobody is saying the other. The Middle East will always hate us, like it was said earlier, we can not just push democracy on them. It will never happen, we will be over there for a long time. And, if GW feels so strongly about this war, and for all of his congressman that also do, why will they not send there own daughters and sons over?
First of all, thank you so much for your service to our country. And thank you for showing your perspective on things.
You also bring up an interesting point. It seems you can always gauge the level of neccesity of war based on if the "beautiful people" actually serve in it. Lincoln's son fought in the Civil War. I believe FDR's did in WWII, as did the Kennedy's. Rich and powerful fought.
But when it comes to questionable wars the politicians sons and daughters somehow dont. interesting. maybe the leaders themselves realize the waste.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:12 PM   #26
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

i held out for a few days and only read a few post,
I was in Iraq for a year 2004-2005, I saw many things good and bad. I saw schools and police offices being built and the same ones destroyed. I saw children with smiles as we passed them out and ones who would throw rocks at us. It was these children who i thought of most night, they are the future of Iraq and i thought about the ones who smiled at us, and maybe when they became older they would want peace, but the ones who threw the rocks were being taught to hate. Maybe it wasn't hate, but when you look at the whole picture, the Sunni and the Shiates will never get along with each other. The recent threats of a civil war to me sound good as long as our troups pull out first. There are two sides who refuse to get along, once the civil war is over, there will only be one side.....We had our civil war, let them have theirs....regardless, none of it is worth an american soldiers life. Not everything going on in Iraq is bad, infact there is a lot of good as was mentiond in the first thread..but the bad outweighs the good. and its time to make a decision of what our next step is.......Saddam is out, they have a government.....what do we do from here???
Old 03-01-2006, 05:56 AM   #27
luvmysteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
You know, its amazing how you and Suit know that every single one of the troops think this is the right thing. That none of them were honorable enough to fight and die for their country even though they disagreed with the President. We were so fortunate none of them had to be faced with that. 100% of them all agree. Its truly amazing. And even more amazing how you guys know exactly how they all feel.

By the way, no kidding we cant just pull out of the war. Because of Bush we are effen stuck in the situation for as far as the eye can see. I love that arguement too. You cant say Bush was wrong because we cant pull out now. Or, Bush was right because look at all the terrorists that are in Baghdad NOW. Hello!!!!!!! We are stuck in this for a long long time because our President goofed. And Iraq wasnt a HUGE threat before, but they sure are a hotbed of terrorists NOW,not to mention a rallying cry for recruitment around the world,NOW. Because the President goofed, when he should have been standing up to the Saudis, Iran, and N.Korea, he instead used up our goodwill to go after a scapegoat that has stuck us in a nightmare situation that we have to finish
This hardly puts him up on Mount Rushmore.

Ooops, did i just not "Support the Troops"? After his Presidency is over, whats Bush going to do when he's criticized about anything?
Laura: George, you forgot to take out the trash
GW: You're not supporting the troops! You've forgotten 9/11 ! You're not supporting the troops! You've forgotten 9/11 !!

You're right 3 to be 4, I can't speak for every single soldier. I can, however, speak for the group of 67 soldiers that I CURRENTLY support, and the 48 that are already home..and they have given me the permission to speak for them. They do believe in what they're doing over there. Of course we're stuck over there. And yes, invading Iraq has turned into a huge mistake (happy?) but leaving there prematurely is not the right thing to do. And the aforementioned soldiers, they would like to finish the job that they started.

stlrs4life and BBFW, thank you for your service.
luvmysteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 06:02 AM   #28
luvmysteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1230

This is an e-mail I got just this week. Some of you will appreciate it, some won't. It's from a soldier who is recently back from Iraq.
~~~~~~~

This is AWESOME!!!! Keep it moving it was sent to me from a young man in Iraq that I am proud to know and many more like him!

Ryan L> wrote:
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 06:00:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Fwd: Men like you!

Note: forwarded message attached.

men like him

Your alarm goes off, you hit the snooze and sleep for another 10 minutes.

He stays up for days on end.

You take a warm shower to help you wake up.

He goes days or weeks without running water.

You complain of a "headache", and call in sick.

He gets shot at, as others are hit, and keeps moving forward.

You put on your anti war/don't support the troops shirt, and go meet up with your friends.

He still fights for your right to wear that shirt.

You make sure you're cell phone is in your pocket.

He clutches the cross hanging on his chain next to his dog tags.

You talk trash on your "buddies" that aren't with you.

He knows he may not see some of his buddies again.

You don't feel like helping out your dad today, so you don't.

He does what he is told.

You walk down the beach, staring at all the pretty girls.

He walks the streets, searching for insurgents and terrorists.

You complain about how hot it is.

He wears his heavy gear, not daring to take off his helmet to wipe his brow.

You go out to lunch, and complain because the restaurant got your order wrong.

He does not get to eat today.

Your maid makes your bed and washes your clothes.

He wears the same things for months, but makes sure his weapons are clean.

You go to the mall and get your hair redone.

He doesn't have time to brush his teeth today.

You are angry because your class ran 5 minutes over.

He is told he will be held an extra 2 months.

He does as he is told.

You call your girlfriend and set a date for that night.

He waits for the mail to see if there is a letter from home.

You hug and kiss your girlfriend, like you do everyday.

He holds his letter close and smells his love's perfume.

You ditch class to go to a movie.

He goes where he is told.

You roll your eyes as a baby cries.

He gets a letter with pictures of his new child, and wonders if they'll ever meet.

You criticize your government, and say that war never solves anything.

He sees the innocent tortured and killed by their own government and remembers why he is fighting.

You hear the jokes about the war, and make fun of the men like him.

He hears the gun fire and bombs.

You see only what the media wants you to see.

He sees the bodies lying around him.

You are asked to go to the store by your parents. You don't.

He does what he is told.

You stay at home and watch tv.

He takes whatever time he is given to call and write home, sleep, and eat.

You crawl into your bed, with down pillows, and try to get comfortable.

He crawls under a tank for shade and a 5 minute nap, only to be woken by gun fire.

You sit there and judge him, saying the world is a worse place because of men like him.

If only there were more men like him
luvmysteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #29
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
You know, its amazing how you and Suit know that every single one of the troops think this is the right thing.
This kind of ignorance is why I won't respond to any more of your posts on this matter.

As to the anti-Bush stuff, this is from my last post in the "Is this home security" thread.

I get tired and sick to death of this TOTAL partisian split...I don't support the President in every measure, but I support the President. I also supported many of Clinton's views and politics, but not all, and I, in general, supported his as President. I certainly didn't HATE the man and allow blind hate to cloud my vision and somehow convince myself that every single thing he did was wrong.

A great example is this total war on Bush...to suit their needs, his opponents either paint him as a blithering idiot who needs his hand held to make even the smallest decisions, or as the greatest evil genius the world has ever know.

This blind and stupid hatred is doing far more to rip this Country apart than any political party or candidate could ever hope to do, even if the ridiculous notion that one DID NOT have the best interests of the Country in mind were true, which it is not.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 04:30 PM   #30
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:
You're right 3 to be 4, I can't speak for every single soldier. I can, however, speak for the group of 67 soldiers that I CURRENTLY support, and the 48 that are already home..and they have given me the permission to speak for them. They do believe in what they're doing over there. Of course we're stuck over there. And yes, invading Iraq has turned into a huge mistake (happy?) but leaving there prematurely is not the right thing to do. And the aforementioned soldiers, they would like to finish the job that they started.

stlrs4life and BBFW, thank you for your service.

No problem, would do it again if called.
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote