Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 03-02-2006, 07:58 AM   #41
Hawk Believer
Team Captain

Member Number: 1580
Default Re: Some Balance on Iraq

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
Now thats a stupid question....just because 44% said no the US should not have gone to war that doesn't mean they don't support their own fellow troops.You should be a reporter because they ask stupid questions just like yours.The 44% you speak of stated their opinion and if you were ever in the military you would know what I'm talking about.I served 6 years in the US Army and served in Desert Storm(90-91)...thats all you got over here is each others backs.....not every soldier agrees with being here but they do support each other....
The point is that many people will say that if you don't agree with the justification of and intiation of the Iraq war, then you do not support our troops. Some would go so far as to use Ann Coulter logic and declare people who question our presence there as seditious traitors.

A lot of people truly, passionately believe that disagreeing wiht how this campaign was handled and support of the military are mutually exclusive positions. If you believe such premises and you believe this poll has a modicum of accuracy, then over 40% of the troops don't support themselves.

So yes, that was a stupid statement. But thats the point.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:48 AM   #42
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk Believer
The point is that many people will say that if you don't agree with the justification of and intiation of the Iraq war, then you do not support our troops. Some would go so far as to use Ann Coulter logic and declare people who question our presence there as seditious traitors.

A lot of people truly, passionately believe that disagreeing wiht how this campaign was handled and support of the military are mutually exclusive positions. If you believe such premises and you believe this poll has a modicum of accuracy, then over 40% of the troops don't support themselves.

So yes, that was a stupid statement. But thats the point.
First of all this is a touchy and emotional topic for a lot of people....I get the point as far as if you don't believe in the war then you don't support the troops BUT 3 to be 4's statement was based on a poll of servicemembers-Originally Posted by 3 to be 4 Question #6. When troops are asked should the US have gone to war in Iraq, only 56% said yes. 44% did not say yes. So are the 44% "Not supporting the troops"????...so read this a couple of times.....so maybe thats not what he meant I will give him the benefit of the doubt......when you start questioning soldiers supporting soldiers I get pissed off...thats just me..I believe soldiers are losing support of Bush and his Administration but not in each other!!!!!

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:17 PM   #43
luvmysteelers
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1230

Dieselman, it's because of folks like you that we are allowed to voice our opinions and to agree or disagree. I appreciate everything that you are doing for our country. Thank you!
luvmysteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #44
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Now thats a stupid question....just because 44% said no the US should not have gone to war that doesn't mean they don't support their own fellow troops.You should be a reporter because they ask stupid questions just like yours.The 44% you speak of stated their opinion and if you were ever in the military you would know what I'm talking about.I served 6 years in the US Army and served in Desert Storm(90-91)...thats all you got over here is each others backs.....not every soldier agrees with being here but they do support each other....

maybe, just maybe, you can follow me on this. Yes Yes you are right. Just because the 44% percent said no it certainly does not mean they dont support their fellow troops.
thats what i was saying!!!!! that is my entire point!!!!!!!!!! Americans who ALSO did not support going into Iraq and do not support this policy can certainly, at the same time, be "supporting the troops"

WHY is that so hard to fathom?????????????
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #45
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Quote:
First of all this is a touchy and emotional topic for a lot of people....I get the point as far as if you don't believe in the war then you don't support the troops BUT 3 to be 4's statement was based on a poll of servicemembers-Originally Posted by 3 to be 4 Question #6. When troops are asked should the US have gone to war in Iraq, only 56% said yes. 44% did not say yes. So are the 44% "Not supporting the troops"????...so read this a couple of times.....so maybe thats not what he meant I will give him the benefit of the doubt......when you start questioning soldiers supporting soldiers I get pissed off...thats just me..I believe soldiers are losing support of Bush and his Administration but not in each other!!!!!

I cant believe you didnt understand what i was saying. Are you that thick???
Obviously, I was using those 44% to point out that you can not support the policy yet support the troops. that question was posed to those who are saying Americans cant question the war and still support the troops. So im saying, if 44% of troops didnt support the policy, are you (the people questioning if Americans who dont support the policy can support the troops) acccusing these soldiers of "not supporting the troops"?
I was not myself questioning if those soldiers didnt support the troops. Its very frustrating to have to explain myself because either some people cant frickin read, or because they are deliberatly twisting words around to bust chops and play devils advocate.
I certainly hope i made myself clear enough for you.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:42 PM   #46
3 to be 4
Team Owner

I just re-read my own post and realized Deiselman will misunderstand the sentence "Obviously, I was using those 44% to point out that you can not support the policy yet support the troops" let me rephrase....

Obviously, I was using those 44% to point out that it is possible to not support the policy-
yet still support the troops.

there, hopefully that was clear.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:18 PM   #47
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
I just re-read my own post and realized Deiselman will misunderstand the sentence "Obviously, I was using those 44% to point out that you can not support the policy yet support the troops" let me rephrase....

Obviously, I was using those 44% to point out that it is possible to not support the policy-
yet still support the troops.

there, hopefully that was clear.
Hey bro I'm not thick...in my second post I said "so maybe thats not what he meant I will give him the benefit of the doubt......" I get what your point was I'm just trying to point out that not everyone is going to take what you say as how you mean it....enough said on this....no harm bro...

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:22 PM   #48
3 to be 4
Team Owner

ok, maybe the "Now thats a stupid question....just because 44% said no the US should not have gone to war that doesn't mean they don't support their own fellow troops.You should be a reporter because they ask stupid questions just like yours" set me off a bit.

like you said, no harm.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:59 PM   #49
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
I guess the media doesn't tell you much after all

They just tell us what they think we wanna hear most of the time
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote