Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-01-2006, 05:30 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts
Default Re: I Hate this time of year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
i love this time of year, it's really the only time i can soley focus on my spurs
i was in san antonio mon night but missed the chance to see the spurs and nicks and m. finley going 12-12 (8-8 from 3)at one point- not sure of his final numbers. i really wanted to go though. i got to see the alamo zzzzzzzz and watched the game from several bars along the riverwalk. the town is really consumed by them thats for sure.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 03-01-2006 at 05:41 PM.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:47 PM   #22
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
i was in san antonio mon night but missed the chance to see the spurs and nicks and m. finley going 12-12 (8-8 from 3)at one point- not sure of his final numbers. i really wanted to go though. i got to see the alamo zzzzzzzz and watched the game from several bars along the riverwalk. the town is really consumed by them thats for sure.
I miss San Antonio. I lived there from 1986-1989. the Riverwalk is awesome. Of course i moved the year before David Robinson arrived. But i did get to see the Celtics at their peak when they came to town. In March of 1986, Larry Bird, at the peak of his career, had a triple double with 30 points by halftime.
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 10:27 PM   #23
tony hipchest

i have never been to a bb game (so i really wanted to go even if it was in the nosebleed seats) and never been to s.a. made it a point to go see the alamo. it looks like this will be a yearly trip with my company which is based there and next year they want to put us up in a hotel located on the riverwalk. coming from the desert i dig water and now understand why it is such a tourist attraction. it is awsome. and very surreal, and hip.

i got drunk on samuel adams at the hard rock cafe
Old 03-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #24
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
i have never been to a bb game (so i really wanted to go even if it was in the nosebleed seats) and never been to s.a. made it a point to go see the alamo. it looks like this will be a yearly trip with my company which is based there and next year they want to put us up in a hotel located on the riverwalk. coming from the desert i dig water and now understand why it is such a tourist attraction. it is awsome. and very surreal, and hip.

i got drunk on samuel adams at the hard rock cafe

nose bleed is the way to go, 25 bucks (well that's what they were when i went to see them play the heat this past december) for the ticket and since the at&t center is real small you still see everyone real good.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:38 AM   #25
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I'll give you the fast, abridged Cliff's notes synopsis:

500 mile races (None of this 112k crap)
36+ races a season
Road Racing
Tech
Drafting
Co-opetition
Most competitive racing in the World

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch F-1.
All I ever see is them go around-around-around-around-around-.............nothing else. Maybe someone will pass someone.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......I just end up waitin for someone to cause a pile-up or some sort of wreckage. What's so great bout that? It might be great to watch in person but on tv there is no point.

BuFu
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:58 PM   #26
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
All I ever see is them go around-around-around-around-around-.............nothing else. Maybe someone will pass someone.........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......I just end up waitin for someone to cause a pile-up or some sort of wreckage. What's so great bout that? It might be great to watch in person but on tv there is no point.

BuFu
i guess they could race down a 500 mile road but that wouldnt be too fun to watch live. you would need several pit teams and the grandstands would be nearly impossible to build. youre into skating on ice right? dont they go round and round when they race? infact most running tracks ive seen are also circular (oval to be precise) in shape.

racings not everyons bag, but it sure breaks the lull between the nfl off season.

baseball? all they do is run around in the shape of a square (diamond to be more precise) and throw and hit and catch a sphere.

basketball? throwing a sphere through a circular hoop within rectangular boundries.

as long as you dont bring up the tired "anyone can drive a car" argument i respect your opinion.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:08 PM   #27
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Quote:
i guess they could race down a 500 mile road but that wouldnt be too fun to watch live. you would need several pit teams and the grandstands would be nearly impossible to build. youre into skating on ice right? dont they go round and round when they race? infact most running tracks ive seen are also circular (oval to be precise) in shape.

racings not everyons bag, but it sure breaks the lull between the nfl off season.

baseball? all they do is run around in the shape of a square (diamond to be more precise) and throw and hit and catch a sphere.

basketball? throwing a sphere through a circular hoop within rectangular boundries.

as long as you dont bring up the tired "anyone can drive a car" argument i respect your opinion.

Yea, I know most things are circular and I like racing in general. But in baseball do the runners just constantly lap the bases? No, theres batting, and fielding involved. In speed skating there are differences in the competitors and you can see the power they are exerting to gain their speed. With NASCAR all the cars are the same for the most part. The engines are the same, the shells (fiberglass around a steel roll cage) are all the same so it's no fun to watch them follow each other around the track. I don't think its just like driving a car and I know you aren't accusing me of that. I can see where it would be competitive to pass and have the endurance to complete a race and complete a race on top. I never thought it was comparable to "anyone can drive a car" I just don't think NASCAR specifically is interesting to watch on TV. To bring up your arguement about racing 500 miles on a road with multiple pit crews...they have it on road and off-road: it's called the WRC aka Rally racing. It's so fun to watch the cars as they race over the terrain.

Also I am into skating, but not speed skating so much. I'm a figure skater which is also based a lot around circles. You rotate in spins and jumps in a circle, edges and turns are all based on the different circle radii (multiple radius), etc.
Peace.

BuFu
Old 03-02-2006, 10:16 PM   #28
FisherMOM
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 982
Talking Re: I Hate this time of year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets
trout season is right around the corner.

I hear that!
Now.. As long as the ICE is all gone...I'm gonna be fishin'!
Old 03-03-2006, 10:21 AM   #29
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
Yea, I know most things are circular and I like racing in general. But in baseball do the runners just constantly lap the bases? No, theres batting, and fielding involved. In speed skating there are differences in the competitors and you can see the power they are exerting to gain their speed. With NASCAR all the cars are the same for the most part. The engines are the same, the shells (fiberglass around a steel roll cage) are all the same so it's no fun to watch them follow each other around the track. I don't think its just like driving a car and I know you aren't accusing me of that. I can see where it would be competitive to pass and have the endurance to complete a race and complete a race on top. I never thought it was comparable to "anyone can drive a car" I just don't think NASCAR specifically is interesting to watch on TV. To bring up your arguement about racing 500 miles on a road with multiple pit crews...they have it on road and off-road: it's called the WRC aka Rally racing. It's so fun to watch the cars as they race over the terrain.

Also I am into skating, but not speed skating so much. I'm a figure skater which is also based a lot around circles. You rotate in spins and jumps in a circle, edges and turns are all based on the different circle radii (multiple radius), etc.
Peace.

BuFu
nice post. i will admit i have seen some pretty boring nascar races before but i have also seen some moments in the sport that rival jordans last shot against the jazz or jeromes fumble and bens tackle vs. indy. while i dont follow figure skating i do appreciate it and enjoy checking it out once every 4 years.

i sure would like to try curling.

the rally racing is awesome although i much prefer nascar.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #30
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Quote:
nice post. i will admit i have seen some pretty boring nascar races before but i have also seen some moments in the sport that rival jordans last shot against the jazz or jeromes fumble and bens tackle vs. indy. while i dont follow figure skating i do appreciate it and enjoy checking it out once every 4 years.

i sure would like to try curling.

the rally racing is awesome although i much prefer nascar.
I guess I will admit I do not follow NASCAR enought to know the "good moments" and I probably do not know enough about the sport to appreciate all that goes on. Forever it seemed NASCAR was disregarded, at least by me I admit, as just some hick sport born and bred in the redneck, racist south. However, after reading about it and how the races are across the country now (I know they have been all over in the past but it is now becoming more mainstream) and how the teams and racers are becoming more diverse (like how Jerome was noted as wanting to get involved in a NASCAR team investment with another player on this forum) which all makes me appreciate it more. I don't know if I'll ever get really into it but at least it has garned more respect in my book recently....especially listening to some of you guys talking about it on this forum. You aren't just some back-country hicks as my original (and misguided) thoughts were but intelligent diehard fans that appreciate every sport for what it brings to the table.

With skating it also can have its ups and downs. This Olympics except for a few stories was very boring as far as figure skating went. Michelle Kwan was injured, johnny (f*ckin queer) weir wouldn't shut the hell up about how much of a lil girl he is (he is a horrible image for the sport), Evgeni Plushenko just had to step on the ice to win gold, and the hottest competitors the US had were ice dancers..........and no one cares about ice dance because its boring as hell. So for me except for getting to see Kimmie Meissner a girl from the same rink/club as me the Olympics was nothing.

I visited a curling rink in Maryland one time when I was at a competition. It was right next door to the regular rink and it was very interesting to watch. I don't understand how the points work or the rules but the physics/mechanics of it is all is interesting. Unlike hockey ice they actually sprinkle the ice with water so that is is really bumpy. As I was told that way the stones they use have less actual contact with the ice and move easier across it. The brushes are used to apply pressure to the area of ice in front of the moving stone to melt the very top layer of the ice and create somewhat of a puddle that guides the stone in whatever way they want. It is cool....now if I just knew what they were screaming about when they did all this I would get it. Peace.

PS: If I mistakenly came off as offensive it is by mistake. Just let me know if I was and I'll correct myself. I apologize if I did accidently say something of poor taste.

BuFu