Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Labor Talks break off again sunday night

ESPNEWS just showed an update on the bottom line that talks broke off again sunday night...

The owners cant get their collective heads out of their collective asses to agree with each other on revenue sharing let alone try and agree with the players. Usually these things are held up by the players but this time is the NFL.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
pittsburgh$teelersfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1466
Default Re: Labor Talks break off again sunday night

yep I just saw that mean these darn people need to get this stuff over with.These stuf is driving me nuts I can not make heads or tails I just can't wait to the steelers resign ike taylor.
pittsburgh$teelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #3
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031

ESPN.com reports NFLPA executive director Gene Upshaw claims the NFL offered the players a percentage of revenues that was less than they received over the past 12 years. Upshaw said, "After suggesting we extend the waiver deadline from six o'clock to ten this evening, they gave us a new proposal which was worse than their prior offer. Quite naturally, we rejected that proposal and saw no need to continue meeting. Under our previous cap agreement, we got just less than 60 percent of all of the revenues. The NFL now wants us to cut that percentage to less than 57 percent. Given the enormous revenue growth the NFL is experiencing, I am not about to give back gains which we have made in the past." Upshaw continues to blame high revenue clubs and the revenue sharing issue as the main reason negotiations kept breaking down.

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #4
rowedf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 367

It's retarded man, really pisses me off how the big market owners are going about this, really lame.
Old 03-05-2006, 10:39 PM   #5
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

Its ashame that sports is all about money.
I would love to see footbal for what its worth......football....the love of the game....loyal players to loyal teams..........
Old 03-05-2006, 10:42 PM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

And just when we all thought the NFL was still above any other sports organization and cared more about the sport itself and the fans more than the NBA, MLB, or NHL.. the reality sets back in that the NFL cant even get along with itself now..
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:17 PM   #7
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowedf
It's retarded man, really pisses me off how the big market owners are going about this, really lame.
It isn't necessarily the big market owners. It's also the owners who have set up a well run organization. And that includes, as has been mentioned, teams like NE, and Pittsburgh. Although I haven't heard personally where the Steelers stand on this issue.

For example, and I'm pulling these figures up from memory without looking them up. NE I think has a revenue stream of around 250 mil(or is it 350?). About 120 mil of that comes from the profit sharing plan as its in place now. That means the Patriots organization is pulling in around, if they're 250 mil, 130 mil on their own. Now take a team like Phoenix. I don't think they're pulling in much more then 20 or so mil over the 120 profit sharing. Now some of the reason for the Cardinals low revenue is due to their location. But, a lot of it is due to the fact that their owner is a lazy sumnabitch. Why the hell should NE or Pittsburgh subsidize that ***hole?
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:31 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,424 Times in 3,548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
It isn't necessarily the big market owners. It's also the owners who have set up a well run organization. And that includes, as has been mentioned, teams like NE, and Pittsburgh. Although I haven't heard personally where the Steelers stand on this issue.

For example, and I'm pulling these figures up from memory without looking them up. NE I think has a revenue stream of around 250 mil(or is it 350?). About 120 mil of that comes from the profit sharing plan as its in place now. That means the Patriots organization is pulling in around, if they're 250 mil, 130 mil on their own. Now take a team like Phoenix. I don't think they're pulling in much more then 20 or so mil over the 120 profit sharing. Now some of the reason for the Cardinals low revenue is due to their location. But, a lot of it is due to the fact that their owner is a lazy sumnabitch. Why the hell should NE or Pittsburgh subsidize that ***hole?
the steelers games are some of the highest rated games on tv nowadays. steelers merchandise made up 40% of sales last year. the steelers got a very descent advertising deal with heinz co. the rooneys have more to gain with siding with the rich majority than anyone, especially considering their only business is football (they own a racetrack or 2). unlike j. jones or d. snyder, the rooneys dont have big oil money or dot com money to back them.

the rooneys however side with the smaller teams. they realize they arent bigger than the nfl. they dont want to bite the hand that feeds them. while i understand the rich owners view in a capitalistic society the rooney are usually spearheading all issues that are for the betterment of the league rather than individual owners (see the rooney rule and minority interviewing policies). in this matter, since i dont know as much as the businessmen who make it all work, i have to side with the rooneys and share their viewpoint. im pretty sure having been involved in the league for more than 70 years, they will put the league first. snyder and jones have only been around for less than 17 years. it makes since why rooney is one of the most respected owners around.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:49 PM   #9
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
the steelers games are some of the highest rated games on tv nowadays. steelers merchandise made up 40% of sales last year. the steelers got a very descent advertising deal with heinz co. the rooneys have more to gain with siding with the rich majority than anyone, especially considering their only business is football (they own a racetrack or 2). unlike j. jones or d. snyder, the rooneys dont have big oil money or dot com money to back them.

the rooneys however side with the smaller teams. they realize they arent bigger than the nfl. they dont want to bite the hand that feeds them. while i understand the rich owners view in a capitalistic society the rooney are usually spearheading all issues that are for the betterment of the league rather than individual owners (see the rooney rule and minority interviewing policies). in this matter, since i dont know as much as the businessmen who make it all work, i have to side with the rooneys and share their viewpoint. im pretty sure having been involved in the league for more than 70 years, they will put the league first. snyder and jones have only been around for less than 17 years. it makes since why rooney is one of the most respected owners around.
Yeah well that's all nice and folksy, and blue collar. And it gives the Rooneys, and by extension you, that common touch, (you'll excuse me if I don't shed a tear for motherhood and apple pie) but it doesn't address the issue that the NFL has some bonehead owners who need to get their act straightened out and stop sucking off the common tit.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:55 AM   #10
SteelersWyo
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 66

Revenue sharing aside why should the owners have to give 60% + to the players? Do you get to tell your boss how much of HIS company's money you should be paid? I didn't think so.
SteelersWyo is offline   Reply With Quote