Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 09-07-2010, 10:24 PM   #11
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,205 Times in 507 Posts
Default Re: Madden: No crime but Ben does time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
I couldn't read the whole thing.

Ben needed a suspension to deflate his head and bring him back down to earth with the rest of us.
What about the rest of the league? Everyone acts like Ben's the only "scumbag" the NFL has ever produced. Please. I don't buy it. All NFL players or athletes alike are no saints, period. I agree with Madden. Ben is the victim in all of this. See what allegations of one drunken skank could do?

And kudos to the walking hypocritical contradiction Terry Bradshaw. Typical cop-out BS rant. We get it, Bradshaw.. you hate Pittsburgh. You don't have to show your damn face here ever again. We loved you as a QB and you will forever be stuff of legends, but don't act like you're the all-mighty standard of a human being. You aren't. Thanks for the 4 SB's.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #12
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
What about the rest of the league? Everyone acts like Ben's the only "scumbag" the NFL has ever produced. Please. I don't buy it. All NFL players or athletes alike are no saints, period. I agree with Madden. Ben is the victim in all of this. See what allegations of one drunken skank could do?

And kudos to the walking hypocritical contradiction Terry Bradshaw. Typical cop-out BS rant. We get it, Bradshaw.. you hate Pittsburgh. You don't have to show your damn face here ever again. We loved you as a QB and you will forever be stuff of legends, but don't act like you're the all-mighty standard of a human being. You aren't. Thanks for the 4 SB's.

"Everyone acts like Ben's the only "scumbag" the NFL has ever produced. Please. I don't buy it." - Well said and I agree. Anyone who knows the history of the Cowboys, or the Vikings or the Raiders, or "insert team name here", knows that there were lots of players of ill repute on any team you care to name.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #13
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
I don't buy it. All NFL players or athletes alike are no saints, period.
Actually, Drew Brees is a Saint. So is Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush, Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem........
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:40 PM   #14
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk

Ya, I was 100% for the suspension when it was first given but after all the other incidents (specifically the Shaun Rodgers one because I think that almost warrants jailtime personally, the fact he got away with a slap on the wrist infuriated me) I just was mad about it...not because I think Ben didnt deserve it, but because it was made clear that Goddell just wanted to put himself on a pedestal by suspending a "league star" and didnt care what anybody else did.

Also, I hope we unofficially unretire number 12
PhantomJB93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #15
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

Quote:

Normally, I'd respond to this but I just am not feeling it anymore, nor do I have the energy or desire.

How 'bout I send you a friend request instead?

Would you be interested?
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:45 PM   #16
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,517 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppbeast View Post
Actually, Drew Brees is a Saint. So is Pierre Thomas, Reggie Bush, Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Robert Meachem........
didn't "St reggie", just lose his heisman ?

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #17
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635

Ben violated the Conduct Policy. If it was Carson Palmer you Homers would agree with Goodell. Did shaun rogers embarrass the league like Ben did? Even close? Name me one other guy to embarrass the league worse than Ben in the last year. I'll wait.

In the past, Goodell has made it clear that protecting the NFL's brand is his foremost concern. When Goodell barred Vick from training camp while dogfighting charges were pending against him, he wrote this to Vick: "While it is for the criminal justice system to determine your guilt or innocence, it is my responsibility as commissioner of the National Football League to determine whether your conduct, even if not criminal, nonetheless violated league policies, including the Personal Conduct Policy."

Ben VIOLATED the conduct policy and was suspended accordingly. You guys act like Seahawk fans. Instead of just saying "We got beat by the better team" they have to blame the refs, instead of blaming their team. If you want to blame someone, BLAME BEN.

Last edited by Downbylaw; 09-07-2010 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Adding
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #18
steelerjim58
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 14701

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomJB93 View Post
Ya, I was 100% for the suspension when it was first given but after all the other incidents (specifically the Shaun Rodgers one because I think that almost warrants jailtime personally, the fact he got away with a slap on the wrist infuriated me) I just was mad about it...not because I think Ben didnt deserve it, but because it was made clear that Goddell just wanted to put himself on a pedestal by suspending a "league star" and didnt care what anybody else did.

Also, I hope we unofficially unretire number 12
I know that it's all matter of opinion, and it's been debated to death. But how anyone feels that Ben deserved to be suspended just blows me away.
steelerjim58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #19
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

I totaly agree with Madden. Several months ago a Colts player was accused of the same thing Ben was. But....... he wasn't a starter on the team. haven't heard anything more about it. Could it have been swept under the rug since he wasn't a star in the NFL? Then several weeks ago a Colts player was found drunk in a ditch. In Indiana that merits a drunk in public charge. But...... he wasn't charged. Haven't heard anything from Goddell about either incident. Wherse does he draw the line?
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:10 PM   #20
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635

He did deserve to be suspended. How anyone thinks he doesnt just blows ME away. Even Ben thinks he should have been. Thats the reason he didnt appeal it.
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote