Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-27-2006, 04:43 PM   #11
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901
Default Re: Offseason Rankings - QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
I appreciate the Steelers fans here not being homers and putting Ben R at No.1.

Drew Brees has a big contender for top 5 duty - but ultimately results and post-season play have to be factored into the equation.

Looks like he wont be achieving any of these goals at San Diego, which I feel is a shame given the amount of talent he had at his disposal there.

NM
I know this isn't a Brees thread, so i'll just make this my only post on the matter, but I think it has to be said.

I don't really see the "weapons" we have in the passing game. Well, we have Gates and LT. And we also have.. uh.. um.. yaaa.. We don't exactly have the greatest recieving core or Line in the world. Given the lack of recievers and o-line I think Brees did amazing in the past 2 years.

And as for post season play:

D. Brees 31/42 319yds 2TD's 1INT's

The only intereception was one that shoudl've been caught.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #12
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by boLT fan
I know this isn't a Brees thread, so i'll just make this my only post on the matter, but I think it has to be said.

I don't really see the "weapons" we have in the passing game. Well, we have Gates and LT. And we also have.. uh.. um.. yaaa.. We don't exactly have the greatest recieving core or Line in the world. Given the lack of recievers and o-line I think Brees did amazing in the past 2 years.

And as for post season play:

D. Brees 31/42 319yds 2TD's 1INT's

The only intereception was one that shoudl've been caught.
Hey Boltfan,

It was a tough call.

I really think having the best Tight End in the game and the best RB in the game aswell constitutes some serious weaponry.

Admittedly the WR corps isn't star-studded but then every team has a weakness in some area - thats the salary cap era for you!

Im terms of purely winning games the Bolts would be most peoples picks as 'most underachieving team in the NFL' - they now have plenty of balance on the Defensive side of the ball aswell and they should be doing better.

Maybe its a little unfair to saddle the QB with most of the blame for not reaching the playoffs (especially when his coach has a brand of completely ineffective postseason football named after him!) - but when things go right for a team...the QB normally picks up alot of the plaudits.

If its any consolation - Brees was at No.6 - I wish him well for the new season.

Incidentally, I think Rivers can certainly get the Bolts into the playoffs this year, especially if the D continues to mature as quickly as it has been.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.

Last edited by Livinginthe past; 02-27-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:45 PM   #13
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Why must we suffer through this exercise in fulitity? LITP will post the list of best kickers in the NFL next, and, guess what? The Pats kicker will be #1. He'll then pick some other category and arbitrarily decree whatever Pats players at that position the best player.

This guy is a one trick pony who doesn't even get to watch most NFL games. Besides, who cares? The most important thing on all the teams radar is free agency and the draft.

Put this post in the forum for QB's who choked in the big game against Denver in the play-offs.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #14
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

1. Tom Brady
2. Carson Palmer
3. Payton Manning
4. Big Ben
5. Daunte Culpepper...he will return and play at a high level...
Old 02-28-2006, 01:32 AM   #15
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Why must we suffer through this exercise in fulitity? LITP will post the list of best kickers in the NFL next, and, guess what? The Pats kicker will be #1. He'll then pick some other category and arbitrarily decree whatever Pats players at that position the best player.

This guy is a one trick pony who doesn't even get to watch most NFL games. Besides, who cares? The most important thing on all the teams radar is free agency and the draft.

Put this post in the forum for QB's who choked in the big game against Denver in the play-offs.
Oh so bitter - there you go telling everyone what they should be doing again.

FYI, I plan on doing most positions - it just so happens that QB is the most important position - and that alot of people think Tom Brady is the best at this position.

You are just making yourself look even more petty and ridiculous than usual.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:35 AM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE
1. Tom Brady
2. Carson Palmer
3. Payton Manning
4. Big Ben
5. Daunte Culpepper...he will return and play at a high level...
Where do you see Culpepper playing next year BBFW?

Minnesota is a little like the San Diego of the NFC - alot of talent on both sides of the ball, plenty of cap room - yet thay cant get into the playoffs.

Has to be coaching I suppose.

NM
Old 02-28-2006, 12:46 PM   #17
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:

The Steelers finally have a QB. The Steelers finally break their long drought, 25 years, and win a Super Bowl. But this guy won't give a poster, in the NFL section, a break. Sure the original post had a little braggadochio in it. Sure we're proud of Tom Brady. So what suit? You got the brass ring this year.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #18
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

1. Tom Brady (he doesn't need a damn running game to put up numbers)
2. Ben Roethlisberger (Good numbers,and all he seems to do is win)
3. Carson Palmer (Excellent touch and deep ball,and is more elusive than people think)
4. Peyton Manning (Good when given time to pass,but can't create time to save his life)
5. Trent Green (Why the hell doesn't this guy get more press?Only when they lose do we hear about him)

BTW,I got Brees as #6.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:08 PM   #19
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Quote:

Top MLB's in the NFL.
1. Tedy Bruschi
2. Tedy Bruschi
3. Tedy Bruschi
4. Tedy Bruschi
5. Mike Vrabel
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:49 PM   #20
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Ben might not be No.1, but he wins football games. Base it on that alone, and he is in the top 5
Yep, you cant argue with his QB rating since he's been in the league, his playoff record or his regular season record. Its unmatched for a guy just 2 years into his career.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote