Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
steelax04
Head Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Tom Brady in Car Accident

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl...ory?id=5549709

Reports: Tom Brady in car accident

BOSTON -- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was involved in a car accident Thursday morning, according to reports out of Boston. An official told The Associated Press that Brady was unhurt.

The accident occurred on the corner of Commonwealth Avenue and Gloucester Street in Boston, according to the reports.

A source told ESPNBoston.com that Brady headed to Gillette Stadium after the accident. He did not require hospital treatment.

Boston Fire Department spokesman Steve MacDonald told The Boston Globe that a sedan and a passenger van collided at 6:34 a.m. MacDonald told the newspaper that a traffic light was also struck.

Sources told The Globe that Brady was driving the sedan and was treated at the scene. Sources told the newspaper that Brady got out of his car but that the "Jaws of Life" had to be used to free a passenger in the van.

Brady has been in the news this week as numerous reports said he was close to finalizing a contract extension with the Patriots.

Contract discussions between the Patriots and Brady escalated Tuesday to the point where a deal could be completed before New England opens its regular season Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals, a source close to the situation told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

Discussions between the two sides have focused on a four-year deal. The previous two contracts that Brady has signed have been for four years, and the expectation is this one also will be for four.

The value of Brady's new contract is expected to be between $18 million and $20 million per season, which means it likely would be valued between $72 million and $80 million.

Brady deflected questions about a potential contract extension, repeatedly saying his focus instead was on the season opener.

"I don't want to get into it," Brady said during his weekly appearance on Boston sports radio station WEEI on Wednesday morning. "For me, it's the same as it's been. I'm trying to find a way to score some touchdowns against the Bengals. I didn't spend five minutes yesterday thinking about my contract or future."

Brady would like to finalize the deal this week, before the Patriots open the season Sunday against Cincinnati. This is logical. In the Patriots' opener two seasons ago, then Kansas City safety Bernard Pollard rolled into Brady's knee, injuring it and ending the quarterback's season.

"I think everybody on our team would [like to have a new deal before the start of the season], every coach would. That's not the way things work," Brady said.

One source told Schefter he thought a deal could be done this week, but it would not surprise him if it were next week.

In his afternoon news conference, Brady acknowledged that injuries have helped to shape his approach toward the business side of the game. Interestingly, he also acknowledged having four surgeries during his career.

"That's a big part of it," Brady said. "This is a physical game. I've had four surgeries in eight years -- my shoulder and my knee and my groin ... and another one, too. But, pretty much every other year you're having a surgery. Some are major ... all surgeries are major as far as I'm concerned now.

"You count your blessings when you come off the field; I think you have a new appreciation when you do come off the field, win or lose. You're trying to win every time out, obviously. But I think you also pinch yourself every time you walk off the field healthy and say, 'Man, at least I get a chance to go out next week and play also.'"

ESPNBoston.com's Mike Reiss contributed to this report.

And in other news, the Patriots will get 5 extra draft picks for Tom's stress in dealing with this accident.
steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:19 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,587 Posts
Default Re: Tom Brady in Car Accident

other reports say he was taken to a womens hospital and then released.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
steelax04
Head Coach
Supporter

HolmenKollen Ski Jump Champion!
Member Number: 12182
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
other reports say he was taken to a womens hospital and then released.
This might have been why...

steelax04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:48 AM   #4
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
"That's a big part of it," Brady said. "This is a physical game..." .
It won't be much longer thanks to his pansy ass.

Quote:
I've had four surgeries in eight years -- my shoulder and my knee and my groin ... and another one, too...
...involving some rectal tearing and the loss of two of belichick's super bowl rings.

All part of psyching himself up for game day. What a warrior.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:02 AM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,087 Times in 4,587 Posts

so the entire "car accident" was just a ruse to take him to the womens hospital and have the rest of his vagina fully installed?
Old 09-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #6
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

the lady wants sympathy despite the fact that her son can't drive and ran a red light. then she asks the media to leave the family alone right after sounding off like an idiot. omg.. there are so many stupid people on this earth.. it's just unbelievable.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...family_of.html
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #7
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

he was probably distracted by the Justin Beiber-like bangs flowing in his eyes.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:15 AM   #8
Shea
Head Coach

Member Number: 5066

There was video on TMZ and dumbass Brady just stays by his car although it looks like someone was seriously hurt in the other vehicle.

Go make sure everyone is OK, and then go get a haircut you stupid cheating douche.
Shea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #9
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea View Post
There was video on TMZ and dumbass Brady just stays by his car although it looks like someone was seriously hurt in the other vehicle.

Go make sure everyone is OK, and then go get a haircut you stupid cheating douche.
i don't like Brady as much as anyone.. but i have no sympathy for people that run red lights like lunatics and wouldn't have gone over myself. it's unfortunate for the passenger laying in the back of the van, but the guy's son clearly isn't capable of driving based on his driving history and shouldn't have been behind the wheel.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #10
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
he was probably distracted by the Justin Beiber-like bangs flowing in his eyes.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote