Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-01-2006, 09:26 AM   #21
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: The Steelers Biggest Rival?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Our coach, our owner, our QB, and a few others won't stand for less.
What gives you the impression that our coach, our owner, our QB, and a few others would stand for less?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #22
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanecaFan66
I've got to say... living and going to college in eastern, PA. I may have a hatred for our division rivals, but I loath EAGLES FANS!

They are some of the most uneducated and downright ignorant people in terms of football, you will ever meet. I hate to be stereotypical, but with the exception of one person I have never met an eagles fan I like, and they have a deep hatred for the Pittsburgh Steelers and their fans. But I also try and comfort these people by telling them, "Look on the bright side, you have the same number of rings as your franchise"

With that said, my father is all about hating on the Ravens and he too calls them the old browns. I agree the Bungles are starting to play some ball and thats one of the reasons for my contention. Overall though, as a steelers fan you have to appreciate our division we have 3 solid rivals and thats something not many teams can say outside of maybe the AFC West as well.
FanecaFan where do you go to school? I can relate. I grew up in Harrisburg, PA and I go to school now in Newark, DE so I know all about Eagles fans. I get tired of hearing "E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!" Ok, we know you can spell your team which is about all some of their fans can spell. Now only if the e-a-g-l-e-s could spell t-o-u-c-h-d-o-w-n or p-l-a-y-o-f-f-s it would actually mean something. Maybe if they spelled out a contract of T-O again they might have a chance but at least they made the one smart move of kickin his ass out. I've only met one decent eagles fan ever too and even he acknowledges the ignorance of many of their fans, quote: "Never wear another team's jersey to an eagles game, I once saw an old man pour an entire beer onto a ten year old kid because he was wearing the other teams jersey." Seems to me some of the fans are more aggresive than the players haha. Only problem is we don't see the eagles much in competition so it's a rare (and fun) event when they do play each other (like last year). When they do it seems the whole state goes nuts. Last year in my hometown it was like they restarted the civil war only instead of Blue and Gray it was Black n Gold vs. Green and White....we won and destroyed them in the process. I can still remember seeing TO havin a shitfit on the sidelines and it was great.

Our real rivals though are much different. We've always hated the browns and since the ravens are the old browns we hate them too. Neither team is much to worry bout though, the browns are as shitty as their uniforms and if the ravens ever get out of prison/court they still wouldn't be able to beat us. The bengals will probably start to be a good team but since their fans are so fickle and don't even know the game of football we're gonna hate them even more.

Personally I hate the patriots. Watching them take us out of two AFC championships was too much for me. I don't like new england as a region anyway, too many rich, uppity, snobby, people, so when they all get together to cheer for a football team I hate them more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork
Enjoy it while it lasts 'cause it ain't going to last long. One of the next two SBs is ours. Our coach, our owner, our QB, and a few others won't stand for less. Do you have that kind of drive? I don't think you do. You did this year, but can you do that again anytime soon? That takes a real special group. A group like the Patriots.
I don't know where you are gettin this idea that Pittsburgh has substandards of play and players than the patriots. Or that the patriots has superior standard to everyone else. If anyone Pittsburgh has the highest standards of play and players. They expect the team to be superior on and off the field. We showed the world how much drive we had this year and we are gonna keep that drive up. You misunderstand the heart that Pittsburgh has in each and every one of its players. It don't matter who a player is if they are a superstar or just a grind-it-out lineman, when you play for the Steelers you are a part of a team, a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. Stop riding on your stories of Brady and Bruschi and face up that the patriots got eliminated this year by a team that we crushed...what that say about your team? We are the original dynasty in the NFL and get ready for more to come. Peace.

BuFu
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #23
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Oh HW at it again, don`t let him ruffle your feathers boys. He is just lonely!
Old 03-04-2006, 04:25 PM   #24
brennan86
Water Boy

Member Number: 2125

As a Browns fan, I am glad to see that most of you still know who your main rival is. Yeah, the games haven't been all that competitive lately, so all the sweeter it will be when we take "yins" down a notch.

After what happened with the move, my own feelings are this:

The Steelers are the team I love to hate.

The Ravens I just hate -- their existence is an abomination.

That all said, nice board you have here. I'll be back to visit. GO BROWNS!
brennan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 04:02 AM   #25
Jim Schue
Water Boy

Member Number: 2126

For me, my venom is reserved for the Old Browns and the New Browns. After that, it's Dallas, San Fran and Denver.

Growing up in Northern Kentucky, I never had much of a problem with the Bengals, and would even cheer for them on occasion. Mostly that has to do with the fact that they've been inept for so long and they weren't much of a threat. But with their resurgence, their fans have become emboldened and stupid, and I fear it won't be long before I begin to hate the team as a result. I already abhor a certain segment of their fans, so the ball's rolling.
Jim Schue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 06:25 AM   #26
Mr. Clean
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1156

Hawkboy, the Steelers had to go through what the Seahawks did after the 1970 merger. Although I'm not quite old enough to remember it, being 42, the Steelers' biggest rivals, outside of the Browns, were the Eagles, Giants and Redskins. Dan Rooney did not want to move the Steelers to the AFC. Because Art Rooney agreed to to with Art Modell, they both joined the AFC with the Colts. The Steelers' rivalry with Philadelphia goes back to 1933, 17 years before the Browns joined the NFL and the Steeler-Eagle games of the 1950s were bloodbaths. Now, that rivalry exists with the fans of both teams only once every four years. Seattle lost its AFC rivals in Denver, Oakland and Kansas City. It takes time to replace that. Despite the now-rare meetings, the 2004 Steeler win over the Eagles was especially sweet. The media talks them up every year, and 99.9% of their fans are obnoxious, drunken brain dead slugs, so sending them home a loser is always special.

The Steelers' biggest rivals now are, in this order, the Bungles, the Ratbirds, the Clowns, and then the Pats.
The Bungles are whiners, the Ratbirds have the obnoxious Billick, and the Clowns are the Clowns.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:35 AM   #27
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

At this point our most hated rival is the Cincinnati Bengals. We never considered them to be a rival until last season. The smack talk by "both" coaches has intensified this match up to new found levels of HATRED. I can't wait until next season to get it on with those Halloween Colored Uniform Fairies. They resemble a fricking Jack-O-Lantern.

What about Jacksonville? I've always considered them as a heated rival. Certainly more so than the current Browns.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 05:06 AM   #28
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

1. Bungles
2. Ratbirds
3. Brownies
Old 03-07-2006, 08:04 AM   #29
STEELERDYNASTY
Water Boy

Member Number: 211

Patsies Ratbirds and Clowns!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:48 PM   #30
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

Well, Hawkboy, I still detest the ratbirds. Everything about them bothers me. I don't think they are legitimate rivals, but that doesn't stop them from smotching a win from us almost every year.

I think our true rival now has to be the Bengals. They are a solid team, they are in our division and their players know how to get on our nerves, just ask troy.

After that I'd say the Colts are turning out to be a rival even though we don't play them that often. Ever since the AFC champ at 3 rivs. They can't stand us!

Patriots - Just hasn't been long enough yet, we'll have to wait and see how they hold together.

As for Eagles and their fans, I don't mind them. Just today they were giving me crap about the SB until I mentioned a little TO and a little beating that the Seahawks gave 'em. They're real softies underneath their bitterly calloused exterior.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote