Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 09-10-2010, 05:17 PM   #11
DanRooney
Head Coach

Member Number: 16248
Default Re: falcon fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downbylaw View Post
Hey bro!. I wont say good luck to you on Sunday but I will say may the better team win. I think that team is the home team. I realize you dont and thats fine. Love diehard fans. Nice young qb you have in ATL, I predict he will be the next Peyton Manning in terms of knowledge, reads, preparation and awareness. Bright future ahead of him.
Hardly. Ryan actually reminds me more of Roethlisberger in his early years than any other quarterback. He came out of B.C. with a similar skillset in buying time outside the pocket. I believe Kiper even had film comparing the two just before his was drafted.

Aaron Rodgers is the next all-time great. He's got every single great ingredient mixed into one quarterback. He can dissect defenses like Manning, spreads the ball around like Brees, buy time outside the pocket like Ben, and can run when he needs to.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:20 PM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,768 Times in 1,612 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Hardly. Ryan actually reminds me more of Roethlisberger in his early years than any other quarterback. He came out of B.C. with a similar skillset in buying time outside the pocket. I believe Kiper even had film comparing the two just before his was drafted.

Aaron Rodgers is the next all-time great. He's got every single great ingredient mixed into one quarterback. He can dissect defenses like Manning, spreads the ball around like Brees, buy time outside the pocket like Ben, and can run when he needs to.
and throws picks like favre when the game is on the line ....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:22 PM   #13
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,927 Times in 3,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
and throws picks like favre when the game is on the line ....
and lost several years off his career while the Favre circus would not depart from Green Bay until after 2007
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #14
atljbo1
Water Boy

Member Number: 16757

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardisimo View Post
I still can't believe the turnaround down there since the Vick debacle. I thought the Falcons wouldn't win another game in several years, and then BOOM! Pretty amazing what they've done.
Yea .. It wasnt looking good down here when the Vick thing was going down....

The Matt Ryan and Michael Turner additions were good... Turner brought a guy that can pound the ball and have deceptive speed.

The reason why the Matt Ryan signing was so HUGE because dude makes us (fans and team mates) feel like we can compete with any team at any time.

I honestly feel like our biggest signing was our GM Thomas Dimitroff... Dude brought that Patriots element... I cant remember the last time we have had so much young talent on Defense.

Everybody pay attention to John Abraham because he is a top pass rusher in this league but our other young DE's Kroy Biermann and Lawrence Sidbury has looked great..

Hines Ward recently said this about Kroy Biermann
Quote:
No. 71, (Kroy Biermann) he is beast. Just watching him on film, his motor doesn’t stop. He’s constantly getting pressure on the quarterback. He’s a force in the run game.
atljbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #15
atljbo1
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post

I disagree.... Most compare Ryan to Tom Brady.... Brady's past team mates (Lawyer Milloy and Rodney Harrison) compare Ryan to Brady.....

Not only football skills wiser but because Matt Ryan stays 24/7 in the film room... Dude is a student of the game to the fullest.

I love some Aaron Rogers (my 2nd fav QB behind Ryan) ... Dude is a monster.... I think Matt Ryan will be also... They are ion 2 different schemes so you cant look at the numbers... The falcons are a run first team... Rogers is a pass first team.

Before Ryans injury (missed 3 games) .. He was on pace to have 30 TD passes
Old 09-10-2010, 05:52 PM   #16
Goat27
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16471

Mike Jenkins is out, welcome to our board...
Goat27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #17
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,542 Times in 633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebird587 View Post
i come in peace,and just wanted to check out your boards since a few of your guys came to ours,and it was refreshing to talk to fans that loved football and didnt go there to troll and talk trash like alot of fans do...ive always liked,and admired the steelers,so ill show up from time to time to cheer you on except for this sunday...
Welcome dude! I'm sure you recognize my name haha. Glad to have you here, it's been fun talking civilized football over the days. I think we're all chomping at the bits for Sunday to arrive. Most aren't giving the Steelers our worth. That could be a mistake.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #18
atljbo1
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat27 View Post
Mike Jenkins is out, welcome to our board...
yup... We will need Harry Douglas to step up

[YOUTUBE]BsUrj-Z7b3w[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by tony hipchest; 09-10-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:53 AM   #19
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

Welcome aboard it should be a good game .
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #20
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

A little delayed on my part, but welcome to the boards! I don't get to watch a lot of Falcons games, so your input on the Atlanta side of the game is appreciated.

One more day...I'm excited!

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote