Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #21
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635
Default Re: falcon fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
Hardly. Ryan actually reminds me more of Roethlisberger in his early years than any other quarterback. He came out of B.C. with a similar skillset in buying time outside the pocket. I believe Kiper even had film comparing the two just before his was drafted.

Aaron Rodgers is the next all-time great. He's got every single great ingredient mixed into one quarterback. He can dissect defenses like Manning, spreads the ball around like Brees, buy time outside the pocket like Ben, and can run when he needs to.
I have never heard anyone compare Ryan to Ben. Its possible but I have never heard that. Ryan is known for being cerebral. He had a grasp on the whole playbook in OTA's after being drafted. Hes game is predicated on smarts ala Manning. Aaron Rodgers is great now.
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:00 AM   #22
Downbylaw
Banned

Member Number: 16635

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljbo1 View Post
I disagree.... Most compare Ryan to Tom Brady.... Brady's past team mates (Lawyer Milloy and Rodney Harrison) compare Ryan to Brady.....

Not only football skills wiser but because Matt Ryan stays 24/7 in the film room... Dude is a student of the game to the fullest.

I love some Aaron Rogers (my 2nd fav QB behind Ryan) ... Dude is a monster.... I think Matt Ryan will be also... They are ion 2 different schemes so you cant look at the numbers... The falcons are a run first team... Rogers is a pass first team.

Before Ryans injury (missed 3 games) .. He was on pace to have 30 TD passes
I can agree with that too. You see what I see in the kid. Very impressive in terms of his pre snap reads, his hot routing and how quickly he processes the information and gets the ball out.
Downbylaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #23
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,014 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downbylaw View Post
I have never heard anyone compare Ryan to Ben. Its possible but I have never heard that. Ryan is known for being cerebral. He had a grasp on the whole playbook in OTA's after being drafted. Hes game is predicated on smarts ala Manning. Aaron Rodgers is great now.
I agree with this. This was the first thread that I've heard ANY comparison about Ryan/Ben. Hell, I don't see one correlation in both of their games to even make a simple comparison. Ryan sure does have the stature and ability ala Tom Brady with a quick release and understands where he's going with the ball before the ball is being snapped. He even has the body type and mechanics that Brady has, which is sharp and holds a strong body posture.

Judging by when I've seen, I think as these young guys progress, I see alot of Matt Ryan in Sam Bradford as well. But without a shadow of a doubt and I've said it time and time again, is that I think it'll be Aaron Rodgers will lead this group into the next generation of STUD and elite QB's. This dude is nothing but MONEY.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #24
atljbo1
Water Boy

Member Number: 16757

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
I agree with this. This was the first thread that I've heard ANY comparison about Ryan/Ben. Hell, I don't see one correlation in both of their games to even make a simple comparison. Ryan sure does have the stature and ability ala Tom Brady with a quick release and understands where he's going with the ball before the ball is being snapped. He even has the body type and mechanics that Brady has, which is sharp and holds a strong body posture.

Judging by when I've seen, I think as these young guys progress, I see alot of Matt Ryan in Sam Bradford as well. But without a shadow of a doubt and I've said it time and time again, is that I think it'll be Aaron Rodgers will lead this group into the next generation of STUD and elite QB's. This dude is nothing but MONEY.
Besides Matt Ryan... Aaron Rodgers and Philip Rivers are my fav QB's...Those 2 dudes are money.

But yea... 1 more day....
atljbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:08 PM   #25
scsteeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 8491

Quote:
I'm also a Falcons fan... I think this is going to be a real good game.
Yes it should be a great game. I am so ready for Sunday I can't wait.
scsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #26
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,093 Times in 764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Welcome dude! I'm sure you recognize my name haha.

I saw you over there too, acting all respectable, you and TMC together in the same thread, it's like old home week.

wait till they see you when you're drunk

I used to go to rival boards, but they all smell funny + I always get kicked out because I'm a dick.

Run Dixon Run!
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:36 PM   #27
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,963 Posts

just a question is dunta robinson as good as the falcons fans say he is? he's the 3rd highest paid corner in the league but it looks like statistically speaking at least, he's been crap other than his rookie season. it seems like his hype is almost merely behind a good rookie season and being the 10th pick. he's 28 though so he's not going to get any better

just saying dudes got a lot of hype for not making the pro bowl even once in his career
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:50 PM   #28
atljbo1
Water Boy

Member Number: 16757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
just a question is dunta robinson as good as the falcons fans say he is? he's the 3rd highest paid corner in the league but it looks like statistically speaking at least, he's been crap other than his rookie season. it seems like his hype is almost merely behind a good rookie season and being the 10th pick. he's 28 though so he's not going to get any better

just saying dudes got a lot of hype for not making the pro bowl even once in his career
His contract is very disceptive.... Its basically a 4 year deal..... He gets paid a boat load of money this year (uncapped year) but the next 3 years are not to high.

cap numbers of: $12 million (2010); $6.5 million (2011); $7.75 million (2012); $8.75 million (next 2 years are optional $10.75 million (2014); and $11.25 million (2015).

Now to answer your question... I think he is worth it... The guy shadowed #1 WR's... Hearing what he team mates are saying right now.. He is worth it. We wont really know until we this season gets started.
atljbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #29
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,581 Times in 1,963 Posts

Quote:
His contract is very disceptive.... Its basically a 4 year deal..... He gets paid a boat load of money this year (uncapped year) but the next 3 years are not to high.

cap numbers of: $12 million (2010); $6.5 million (2011); $7.75 million (2012); $8.75 million (next 2 years are optional $10.75 million (2014); and $11.25 million (2015).

Now to answer your question... I think he is worth it... The guy shadowed #1 WR's... Hearing what he team mates are saying right now.. He is worth it. We wont really know until we this season gets started.
that sounds like a lot of money to me lol. but hmm yah could be one of those good corners that just don't put up stats, like ike taylor.
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #30
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
that sounds like a lot of money to me lol. but hmm yah could be one of those good corners that just don't put up stats, like ike taylor.
Great corners will have very low stats because they cover so well the ball is never thrown near the reciever lol.
Charles woodson has gone a few (4-5) years with only 1 interception, he actually made first team all pro one year with just 1 interception.
Ronde Barber has multiple years with just 2 interceptions. 6 years
They both have averaged about 15 pass deflections a year, thats below average for any cornerback, but they constantly go to pro bowls and are called the best cornerbacks to play the game.
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote