Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 09-11-2010, 02:04 PM   #31
atljbo1
Water Boy

Member Number: 16757
Default Re: falcon fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Arians View Post
that sounds like a lot of money to me lol. but hmm yah could be one of those good corners that just don't put up stats, like ike taylor.
The thing is... I would be disappointed if Dunta doesnt atleast have 4 ints this year... Our scheme allows CB's to make plays on the ball zone and man with safety help up top) instead of the Texans mainly man coverage (back towards the QB)

Falcons players has said that he has been making plays on the ball in practice but we will see tomorrow.
atljbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #32
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 4,595 Times in 1,971 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Great corners will have very low stats because they cover so well the ball is never thrown near the reciever lol.
Charles woodson has gone a few (4-5) years with only 1 interception, he actually made first team all pro one year with just 1 interception.
Ronde Barber has multiple years with just 2 interceptions. 6 years
They both have averaged about 15 pass deflections a year, thats below average for any cornerback, but they constantly go to pro bowls and are called the best cornerbacks to play the game.
depends, there's some great cornerbacks with a lot of INT's under their belt, like rod woodson and deion sanders lol. then again they were better than great, they were prolly among the best ever

but yeah I see your point. Just was asking about the guy because I've never heard his name until a couple weeks ago.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:13 PM   #33
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

thanks for dropping by, falconfans. your team played a hell of a game, and hopefully you now know why we feel troy polamalu is the best in the game.

feel free to keep joining us, especially the week we stomp the saints heads in (i notice several saits joined just to root against you so return the favor).

good luck with the rest of the season.